PDA

View Full Version : Swine flu and good ole' Russia

dorin48
04-29-2009, 04:55 PM
So what did Russia do in response to the swine flu outbreak? :thinking:

They stopped importing pork products!:eek: rofl :lmfao:

Pure genius! :D Just comes across as silly.

I dont blame China for following suit because they got hit so hard by avain flu.

I can understand live pigs.. maybe, but pork products? I guess the real question is how long is a slaughtered pig in holding till its delivered to another country and can the virus survive that time span?

China and Russia banned imports of pork and pork products from Mexico and three U.S. states that have reported cases of swine flu, and other governments were increasing their screening of pork imports.

http://news.aol.com/article/who-tries-to-come-up-with-swine-flu-plan/446430?icid=sphere_newsaol_inpage

BanginJimmy
04-29-2009, 10:04 PM
considering the fact that there is no known relationship between pigs and swine flu I would say any country thats not importing pork is retarded.

Terror
04-29-2009, 10:07 PM
^^ this may sound retarded, but the swine flu? has nothing to do with pigs?

dorin48
04-29-2009, 10:14 PM
considering the fact that there is no known relationship between pigs and swine flu I would say any country thats not importing pork is retarded.

This is probably the only time i'll ever disagree with you in the polotics forum haha..

http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/swineflu_you.htm

It are from piggies.

NAMNORI
04-29-2009, 10:33 PM
yes it is from pigs but you can't get it from eating pork, fucking morons

Total_Blender
04-30-2009, 07:50 AM
Like the regular flu viruses, the swine flu comes from the farms of China. The flu virus is a bird virus that is not contagious to humans. But it is contagious to pigs. So the pigs catch it, it mutates in the pigs, into a form contagious to humans.

This all happens because the Chinese raise their pigs and fowl together. The pigs eat teh bird scat. If they had better farming practices the flu wouldn't be nearly as bad.

This is just an abstract of the main article, but you get the idea:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8760967

Consider that most of the pork imported by Russia is pork from China. Its probably just a measure to make it seem like they are being proactive about Swine Flu when really theres not a whole lot they can do.

BanginJimmy
04-30-2009, 09:45 AM
This is probably the only time i'll ever disagree with you in the polotics forum haha..

http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/swineflu_you.htm

It are from piggies.

Should have read that again before I posted. I meant pig products.

thepolecat
04-30-2009, 09:51 AM
they also started shooting anyone suspecteds of having the flu in the head.

dorin48
04-30-2009, 12:17 PM
they also started shooting anyone suspecteds of having the flu in the head.

Ya know I dont think that would surprise me too much. :dunno:

TIGERJC
04-30-2009, 02:40 PM
hopeful pork prices will drop a lot and then I can have a killer bbq

Elbow
04-30-2009, 06:21 PM
The swine flu isn't directly related from pigs, it's a mix of pig, human, and bird.

NAMNORI
04-30-2009, 08:36 PM
The swine flu isn't directly related from pigs, it's a mix of pig, human, and bird.

yes and it has caused major pandemics in the past. 1918 4.5 million died due to it and it struck again in 1974. The only problem is that they are only counting the deaths in mexico and not the infections also. You can pretty much multiply the infection rate a hundred fold and that will let you know how widespread it really is. So far it is at the WHO level 5. there are only 6 levels!!!!

yungdz
04-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Egypt slaughtered all of their pigs in response to Swine Flu

IMPORTchic
04-30-2009, 08:47 PM
This is scary if you ask me. I just heard that a woman traveling from up state is in the LaGrange hospital with it in GA. SCARY seeing that I was in LaGrange 2 times this week. Eeeeeeek!! I am sick as heck too, but I VERY SERIOUSLY doubt I would be one of the lucky ones to get it.:rolleyes: I do wonder though how many people are going to get it and it be left untreated/tested and them fight it on their own? I mean it's possible if they are really healthy. A lot of people plainly just dont have insurance to go to the hospital. :no:

koukis14
04-30-2009, 10:07 PM

Manbirdpig??????????? sounds like a job for Al Gore. Im cereal.

NAMNORI
04-30-2009, 10:13 PM
This is scary if you ask me. I just heard that a woman traveling from up state is in the LaGrange hospital with it in GA. SCARY seeing that I was in LaGrange 2 times this week. Eeeeeeek!! I am sick as heck too, but I VERY SERIOUSLY doubt I would be one of the lucky ones to get it.:rolleyes: I do wonder though how many people are going to get it and it be left untreated/tested and them fight it on their own? I mean it's possible if they are really healthy. A lot of people plainly just dont have insurance to go to the hospital. :no:

but thats the biggest problem some of the deaths were healthy young adults that just thought it would pass like any other regular flu. these flu strains are becoming immune to the drugs that are in circulation to stop them in thier tracks.

mimakiman11
05-01-2009, 02:49 AM
There is a teacher i know who has a student who's parents just came back from Mexico and she is scare that they might bring it back and give it to him and spread to her class. Scary thing is i live 2 miles from that school- Buford Area.

Total_Blender
05-01-2009, 07:38 AM
Egypt slaughtered all of their pigs in response to Swine Flu

I don't think pork is very popular in Egypt anyway, since its forbidden for Muslims to eat it and Egypt is mostly (like 90%) Muslim and the Christian population is mostly Eastern Orthodox (not sure if they can eat pork or not). Its probably just a symbolic gesture.

preferredduck
05-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Manbirdpig??????????? sounds like a job for Al Gore. Im cereal.

hell yea where is super gore at these days!!!! Nobody listens to me ands manbearpig!!!

preferredduck
05-01-2009, 12:04 PM
but thats the biggest problem some of the deaths were healthy young adults that just thought it would pass like any other regular flu. these flu strains are becoming immune to the drugs that are in circulation to stop them in thier tracks.

we actually don't have many medicines for this, my mother worked for the USDA and they studied avian influenza. these vaccines they say are out there are prob BS. Bacteria on the other hand is becoming immune to antibiotics b/c everything we eat now has them in it, except free range. a lot of people are going away from cattle in confined spaces b/c they have almost died from infection. so when you go to the hospital with swine flu(h1n1 virus) watch out for the super bacteria thats floating around only in hospitals.

primespark22
05-01-2009, 07:59 PM
you cant get swine flu from eating pork,plus down the street of where i live is an elementary school on the way home it was full of new choppers and vans,a little girl was confirmed infected with the virus.She is ok but a little later a couple people from the hazmat came to our house and gave us boxes of mask to wear and since my niece goes to the school they told her its shut down till thursday until they clean the place up:eek: :eek:

dorin48
05-01-2009, 11:01 PM
wow taking it very serious i see /\/\

primespark22
05-01-2009, 11:17 PM
yeah i guess they are,we just go bout our daily lives.but my grandma freaking out she washes her hands like crazy and wheres does mask every second of the day lol............she's losing it