PDA

View Full Version : Music Why does all hip hop sound the same?

PSINXS
04-29-2009, 11:07 AM
All the content is the same. Money. trappin/drugs, gettin high, women and cars. ALl the same content from different puppet rappers. Why is it that we cant get any GOOD music? Ill Tell you why. Universal Music Group. They own all mainstream rappers and their recording companies. Big influence on the music industry. WHich is y we get cookie cutter artists and music. YOu be the judge.

NBC universal music owns
(Subsidiaries ) Island Def Jam Music Group
Interscope-Geffen-A&M
The Universal Motown/Universal Republic Group
Sanctuary Records
Machete Music
Decca Records
Universal Music Group Nashville
Verve Records
Cash Money Records

Ok lets see who Island/Def Jam owns
Divisions: Def Jam Recordings
Island Records
Roc-A-Fella Records
Lost Highway Records
So So Def Recordings
Mercury Records
Disturbing Tha Peace
Slip-N-Slide

Well dang,L from north to south thats alot of rappers under NBC universal since they own isalnd def jam. Look at who they play on the radio repeatedly, brainwashing youth. Artist from these very labels. WHo do they collabwith? Each other? who do they beef with? Each other! all in the name of a dollar. SO the top company can pimp all of them LOLOL

Silly rappers, real riches are for the white man!

media, film, music, is usually run by one big company all in cahoots with each other. yea the nwo is a fake i tell ya.

Sammich
04-29-2009, 11:16 AM
TIP pimpinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn lol

PSINXS
04-29-2009, 11:20 AM
Time Warner aka warner music group owns Atlantic records and all subsidaries. here is a list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Warner_labels

AirMax95
04-29-2009, 12:40 PM
I have known this for a while, but there is not much that you can do about it from a listeners standpoint. This has been an ongoing debate/issue within the black community (in regards to the shit that gets play and who approves it).

Business is Business......but I will say, watch in the near future when the break aways occur. This mainstream B.S. will continue to exist, but a key group of people are seeing the "light" finally and making big changes.

Turbo Terrance
04-29-2009, 01:03 PM
you would be rappin bout the same shit and the sounding the same as everybody else too if they were paying you millions of millions....

All the content is the same. Money. trappin/drugs, gettin high, women and cars. ALl the same content from different puppet rappers. Why is it that we cant get any GOOD music? Ill Tell you why. Universal Music Group. They own all mainstream rappers and their recording companies. Big influence on the music industry. WHich is y we get cookie cutter artists and music. YOu be the judge.

NBC universal music owns
(Subsidiaries ) Island Def Jam Music Group
Interscope-Geffen-A&M
The Universal Motown/Universal Republic Group
Sanctuary Records
Machete Music
Decca Records
Universal Music Group Nashville
Verve Records
Cash Money Records

Ok lets see who Island/Def Jam owns
Divisions: Def Jam Recordings
Island Records
Roc-A-Fella Records
Lost Highway Records
So So Def Recordings
Mercury Records
Disturbing Tha Peace
Slip-N-Slide

Well dang,L from north to south thats alot of rappers under NBC universal since they own isalnd def jam. Look at who they play on the radio repeatedly, brainwashing youth. Artist from these very labels. WHo do they collabwith? Each other? who do they beef with? Each other! all in the name of a dollar. SO the top company can pimp all of them LOLOL

Silly rappers, real riches are for the white man!

media, film, music, is usually run by one big company all in cahoots with each other. yea the nwo is a fake i tell ya.

Julio
04-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Hello 50 years ago.. lol

Been going on for years.

Julio
04-29-2009, 02:00 PM
And if you want real hip hop/Rap.. listen to underground shit.. your opinion will change..

Why you think so many signed artist put out so many mix tapes? when they do mix tape there is no contract claus to hold them back...

AirMax95
04-29-2009, 02:29 PM
And if you want real hip hop/Rap.. listen to underground shit.. your opinion will change..

Why you think so many signed artist put out so many mix tapes? when they do mix tape there is no contract claus to hold them back...

Exactly.......sure they don't make the same money, but they have lots less problems, and remain true to themselves/the music.

cactusEG
04-29-2009, 04:03 PM
I've notice most of them talk about the same shit. I really dont care what they talk about, Im mainly in the their beats...

809KiNg
04-29-2009, 06:42 PM
why does all country and rock (everything white ppl listen 2) music sound the same???

cjhutch
04-30-2009, 02:19 AM
Seriously if you want good hip hop just visit okayplayer.com. It's been my spot for years in order to keep up with all the new artists that rap for content rather than foolishness.

Hip hop is really more about fantasy life right now. You have rappers that want to talk about how much money they have, which they don't and then you have the ones that want to be thugs and claim they did so much dirt like that matters anymore. The thing that makes me sick is when you hear some of them talk about "I'm still in the hood" and all that other crap. Then you have grown men bragging about how hard life is where they are from and how many people get killed or robbed on a weekly basis like it's something to be proud of.

I love my hip hop, but you really have to turn off the radio if you want to hear anything of quality. The only reason I even hear most of the mainstream stuff is I know a few people that work with some of the larger labels and they are always shooting stuff my way asking opinions and such.

ARH1192
04-30-2009, 06:38 AM
The OP is an idiot.

I'm not a huge hip hop/rap fan. I'm more in to blues/rock n roll. You say hip hop is all about "Money. trappin/drugs, gettin high, women and cars" isnt that true to ALL types of music pretty much?

There are plenty of rock and country songs about sex, women, drugs, money.. whats the difference?

neon_ert3
04-30-2009, 07:24 AM
"Silly rappers, real riches are for the white man!"

^ thats some fukd up shit right there!
i listen to all types of music all they all say the same damn things just in a different way. from "honkey tonk badonkadonk" to "she got a donk" to "fuck you like an animal"

PSINXS
04-30-2009, 11:46 AM
you would be rappin bout the same shit and the sounding the same as everybody else too if they were paying you millions of millions....
self respect > money.

if thats what i wanted to rap about no problem. but if i am being talked into or forced into rapping about something i am against, ill take my last check and walk.

PSINXS
04-30-2009, 11:48 AM

i been knowin this too julio. just never shared it. but so many ppl dont know. and everybdoy knows underground artist music is way better. more lyrical content and its actually positive music.

PSINXS
04-30-2009, 11:51 AM
The OP is an idiot.

I'm not a huge hip hop/rap fan. I'm more in to blues/rock n roll. You say hip hop is all about "Money. trappin/drugs, gettin high, women and cars" isnt that true to ALL types of music pretty much?

There are plenty of rock and country songs about sex, women, drugs, money.. whats the difference?
you do know that same companies own all their labels too right?

country- sounds same

mainstream rock- sounds same

same goes for pop.

its all designed to repeat the same things over n over.

underground rock, rap are much different. undergorund rock is really good.

"Silly rappers, real riches are for the white man!"
THis is what they are saying after every board meeting.

leobond001
04-30-2009, 07:59 PM
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh8a7su0p3rRWt8M0N

leobond001
04-30-2009, 08:01 PM
^^^ sorry bout the last post, but here is some new ghost, meth and rea for you. enjoy. real f'ing hip hop.

music with soul

leobond001
04-30-2009, 08:02 PM
and last time i checked, i thought island def jam was under universal.

Tasuki_Civic
05-10-2009, 03:45 PM
why does all country and rock (everything white ppl listen 2) music sound the same???

haha your right.

funny how only hip hop only sounds the same but all music from a specific genre sound the same. thats why they are in separate groups. and most genres talk about the same thing. i dont see why pple complain so much about it. just listen to something in addition to whatever else you listen to and expose your friends to it. if they dont want anything new to listen to then f'em.

too much of the same thing is boring for any music.

Tasuki_Civic
05-10-2009, 03:46 PM
I have known this for a while, but there is not much that you can do about it from a listeners standpoint. This has been an ongoing debate/issue within the black community (in regards to the shit that gets play and who approves it).

Business is Business......but I will say, watch in the near future when the break aways occur. This mainstream B.S. will continue to exist, but a key group of people are seeing the "light" finally and making big changes.

so dont take it personal pple....