PDA

View Full Version : ATTN MEMBERS: THOSE WHO CARE ABOUT THE SITE/SCENE!!!

Paul
04-29-2009, 09:13 AM
I DON'T NORMALLY ASK PEOPLE TO RALLY BEHIND THE SITE NORMALLY I DON'T GIVE A SHIT. BUT LAST YEAR I WAS TOLD BY SO MANY PEOPLE "SUPPORT IT FOR THE SCENE" :2up:

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231956

^ PLEASE SHARE OPINIONS. YOU WANT TO GET THE SCENE BACK IN ATLANTA? SITES/CREWS LIKE IA NEED TO TAKE A STAND AND LET PROMOTERS KNOW WE HAVE A VOICE! :cheers:

stillaneon
04-29-2009, 09:19 AM
Has IA ever thought about throwing a show?

I mean you have people from every walk of life on here.

people who promote, shops, etc...

dabuilding
04-29-2009, 09:23 AM
if he calls back tell em to eat shit man theres better advertisers out there that will be more supportive and not leave you hanging

Paul
04-29-2009, 09:28 AM
if he calls back tell em to eat shit man theres better advertisers out there that will be more supportive and not leave you hanging

i won't even entertain the call.

we've thrown our own events before http://www.tunerfestshootout.com

Atlblkz06
04-29-2009, 09:32 AM
I think IA is big enough to have it's own little pre-arranged meet. The point would be to have all the vendors get together and put on a show and sell some parts. No charge for members, $5 for non-members - burnout contest, bikini contest etc. Have all your sponsors come up with their product so they can talk about them, and even sell them on the spot. So members can get a small discount with the vendors and get some sales going. Maybe someone with a mobile dyno can sell pulls too - just another thing to do.

dabuilding
04-29-2009, 09:32 AM
well i think its time for another show maybe this summer ill promote it in my sig as a link to it and tell alot of people who arent on this site

Paul
04-29-2009, 09:34 AM
I think IA is big enough to have it's own little pre-arranged meet. The point would be to have all the vendors get together and put on a show and sell some parts. No charge for members, $5 for non-members - burnout contest, bikini contest etc. Have all your sponsors come up with their product so they can talk about them, and even sell them on the spot. So members can get a small discount with the vendors and get some sales going. Maybe someone with a mobile dyno can sell pulls too - just another thing to do.

maybe we should do a big meet at a shop the same weekend.

Dr.G35
04-29-2009, 09:37 AM
maybe we should do a big meet at a shop the same weekend.
mmmmmmm bbq:yes:

stillaneon
04-29-2009, 09:38 AM
maybe summit, I dont know of many shops that have the parking facility to hold hundreds of cars

Dr.G35
04-29-2009, 09:43 AM
maybe there is a place that IA could rent or something. like a closed down auction lot or something.

Paul
04-29-2009, 09:47 AM
maybe there is a place that IA could rent or something. like a closed down auction lot or something.

i'm thinking we find a shop willing to do a dyno day + bbq and we will do a HUGE meet/greet

ALVIN
04-29-2009, 09:49 AM
tHAT sounds like an awesome Idea. I remember the Turnout for the Big bATLground BBQ in like 05 lol

Elbow
04-29-2009, 09:52 AM
I'm down for a huge IA meet.

dabuilding
04-29-2009, 09:53 AM
i'm thinking we find a shop willing to do a dyno day + bbq and we will do a HUGE meet/greet
hook it up man im sure you can get some promoters :goodjob:

Dr.G35
04-29-2009, 09:55 AM
you say bbq one more time and ill be camping outside 1 day prior.lol. but i agree with you, as long as its IA family+ vendors. even though we all have our little "e-fights" i think we (I) would feel very comfortable just hangin out with some IA family and eatin some bbq.:D

AirMax95
04-29-2009, 09:57 AM
I am down to help out anyway I can Paul, just make sure there is some DAMN GOOD BA-BA-BA-BA BA QUE!!!!

AnthonyF
04-29-2009, 09:57 AM
I know I always support IA, got stickers on my truck and need one on my bike now. OHHH YEAH!

-Ant.

Dr.G35
04-29-2009, 09:58 AM
I know I always support IA, got stickers on my truck and need one on my bike now. OHHH YEAH!

-Ant.
there are stickers? oh btw how is the shirt idea going along?

AnthonyF
04-29-2009, 10:01 AM
there are stickers? oh btw how is the shirt idea going along?

Ok, I hope Paul doesn't get mad...I got a friend to make me IA stickers b/c I know we don't always carry the stickers.

I am unsure about the shirts. I don't know if it is going into the works or not but I know I'd def get one!

-Ant.

Paul
04-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Ok, I hope Paul doesn't get mad...I got a friend to make me IA stickers b/c I know we don't always carry the stickers.

I am unsure about the shirts. I don't know if it is going into the works or not but I know I'd def get one!

-Ant.

dude i don't care i've told people in the past if we don't have them just go get them made i wish i kept them in stock more but i have to order in such large qty

Brett
04-29-2009, 10:16 AM

I know id be there

AnthonyF
04-29-2009, 10:26 AM
dude i don't care i've told people in the past if we don't have them just go get them made i wish i kept them in stock more but i have to order in such large qty

Aight. I will prob get a BUNCH made and hand them out at meets. :goodjob:

-Ant.

Dr.G35
04-29-2009, 10:31 AM
sweet

blacknightteg
04-29-2009, 10:31 AM
tHAT sounds like an awesome Idea. I remember the Turnout for the Big bATLground BBQ in like 05 lol

that was the first meet i had ever been too.

ALVIN
04-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Hellz yea even baby Bri was there lol...back before she was allowed to be on IA :) lol

Doppelgänger
04-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Hold an event.. promote the hell out of it and give a name that's similar to their name :D

What venues do we have that can hold a big event? I'm sure with some wise advertising/promoting a "IA" show could be done. Hell, I'm sure everyone will be asking if NOPI will be doing it again, get NOPI to promote/forward show details about something like this.

Man, too bad we don't have any airports around here to host a show in the hangers and set up a porta-tree and have some runs on the strip :D
(I only get this idea because there are some SCCA solo events that are held at airstrips..but the occupancy of such areas are unknown to me)

RL...
04-29-2009, 11:16 AM

I would def be down for that instead of motosport nationals

Doppelgänger
04-29-2009, 11:47 AM
^ just let us know when you'll be busy so we can plan it on that day....

BanginJimmy
04-29-2009, 02:29 PM
I can make a few calls of my own and have my own type of vehicles out there.

NVEOUS
04-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Im down. Id definately be there.

BMooreZ28
04-29-2009, 02:35 PM
Fuck them, looks like IA has brought alot of people and excitement to the car scene, not only ATL, but surrounding areas. I wouldn't advertise fuckers like them anyways, fuck them, man.

I'm down for a big IA meet, I got a few people who will come, I'm also willing to help with stuff. :D

BMooreZ28
04-29-2009, 02:35 PM
^ just let us know when you'll be busy so we can plan it on that day....

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Reps.

BMooreZ28
04-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Hold an event.. promote the hell out of it and give a name that's similar to their name :D

What venues do we have that can hold a big event? I'm sure with some wise advertising/promoting a "IA" show could be done. Hell, I'm sure everyone will be asking if NOPI will be doing it again, get NOPI to promote/forward show details about something like this.

Man, too bad we don't have any airports around here to host a show in the hangers and set up a porta-tree and have some runs on the strip :D
(I only get this idea because there are some SCCA solo events that are held at airstrips..but the occupancy of such areas are unknown to me)

x2. Post info about the meet on other forums that we are on and we'll have a huge turnout. Post it on like every car related forum! I'm down.

Julio
04-29-2009, 02:38 PM
You know how I feel about them......

BMooreZ28
04-29-2009, 02:39 PM

Wow man. GREAT idea(s)!

HypnoToad
04-29-2009, 02:39 PM
great idea

tdurr
04-29-2009, 05:45 PM
sooo im down for a huge meet/event thing lol.

Air strip is a good idea.... I know ptc has a lot of airstrips.. but prob none big enough for a good show.

I say a poll needs to be made once a few locations are picked out so we can all vote on where it should be held.

hondachik
04-29-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm afraid of clowns

Firefightin_tC
04-29-2009, 07:20 PM
I think a huge IA meet/greet/show would be a great idea.

It'll show how big the scene in Atlanta really is.

Regardless, all I need is a time and date...and I'm down, plus I'm bringing my troops with me.

tinkolby_25
04-29-2009, 07:24 PM
Fuck them, looks like IA has brought alot of people and excitement to the car scene, not only ATL, but surrounding areas. I wouldn't advertise fuckers like them anyways, fuck them, man.

I'm down for a big IA meet, I got a few people who will come, I'm also willing to help with stuff. :D

shit im from jacksonville, al 2 hours away, and me an my buddies get on ia every day

hell ia's the reason we find all of our parts and come atl every weekend to buy and sell shit lol
we would def be down to come to a meet or somethin and get to know everybody better

BMooreZ28
04-29-2009, 07:26 PM
shit im from jacksonville, al 2 hours away, and me an my buddies get on ia every day

hell ia's the reason we find all of our parts and come atl every weekend to buy and sell shit lol
we would def be down to come to a meet or somethin and get to know everybody better

Yeah man, thats what I mean, IMPORTATLANTA is not just for ATL, for surrounding areas, more people will join.:goodjob:

browningboy7
04-29-2009, 07:48 PM
So many great ideas in this thread, Keep em coming! :goodjob:

Got Milk?
04-29-2009, 08:53 PM
I stated many times that we should have monthly IA meets. But i always got bashed. And the bashing was something along these lings: "Are you stupid, thousands of people would show up, we would never find a parking lot for that many people".

blaknoize
04-29-2009, 11:34 PM
I'll advertise up here. We in Ohio have no scene, but I have some willing to come down and show some support (after seeing the pics of the V-meets) they are really eager.

If u have cards so I can pass around of course, bitches is lazy without proof

aguynamedpat
04-30-2009, 12:01 AM
I know Summits parking lot isnt that epic, but they have always been willing to work with locals. I know GADSM had a meet there this past spring that was pretty big, and Summit didnt charge us to use the parking lot. I bet you could get a couple hundred cars in the parking lot and still allow ample parking for customers.

Im sure if you asked everyone to chip in a buck or two (or for donations/sponsorship) you could grab some hot dogs, chips, drinks, shit like that. And make it free to get in. Plan it for the same weekend too, just like you guys are saying.

Hmm, now Im curious if Summit would work?! Or you could check with local colleges/universities. I bet I could get the parking lot at Gwinnett Tech, especially with the member base we have here, we could meet their requirements of Security/Trash/Clean up, all that shit...

aguynamedpat
04-30-2009, 12:07 AM
Or how about a county park? They cannot kick you out if you follow all the rules. You could do it on that Sunday when no games are going on, and you could have a big cookout/soccer/football/baseball/basketball game. I know Bethesda's parking lot is HUGE, and the park itself is huge and very nice, we go hit baseballs up there once a week or so. Its got everything from baseball to basketball, football, soccer, all that stuff. And a HHHUUUGGGEEE parking lot suitable for probably 300 cars id guess. And thats just the parking lot at the baseball field, that doesnt include the parking over by soccer or up top by adult softball fields. Or the parking back by the football field either!

As long as you are not breaking any rules they cannot kick you out, because you pay for that park as a taxpayer. So no ricers doing burnouts and no loud music. Other than that, I dont see why they can kick you out.

JITB
04-30-2009, 12:26 AM
i dont think IA itself uses its popularity for any gain as much as it should. Especially when 99.6% of the meets in GA spawn from IA. And theres 1 IA meet/function a year, thats a hour away. Getting people to come out is never a problem, even if there isnt anything to do. People just want to be seen in their cars, and meet other people. Everything else is extra, and the forums morale comes from meeting people in person, there are plenty of locations, and plenty of people willing to come out and support IA. Monthly meets would be nice..or just put a stake in the ground at the Varsity.. and claim that shit for IA.

aguynamedpat
04-30-2009, 12:30 AM
Lets get every member on IA to donate $10.

Then we can just buy the damn Varsity.

gtrmonkey
04-30-2009, 01:26 AM
sooo im down for a huge meet/event thing lol.

Air strip is a good idea.... I know ptc has a lot of airstrips.. but prob none big enough for a good show.

I say a poll needs to be made once a few locations are picked out so we can all vote on where it should be held.

PTC IS A BAD IDEA. VERY BAD IDEA. I LIVE THERE I WOULD KNOW. PLUS FALCON FEILD IS AN ACTIVE AIRPORT. I know who would be willing to host. Though Allspeed will. But why not do it at a race track like seonia speedway.

FasTech
04-30-2009, 01:31 AM
I'd be down for a IA meet. Just maybe do it somewhere kinda in the middle of everyone. Like maybe take a vote to see where everyone lives and based on the majority, between the two in the middle is where we could meet. I don't mind traveling alittle ways but me and about 20 other members live in the Warner Robins/Macon area and meeting in Rome or some other place thats like 3hrs+ drive... I couldn't make it.

Alan®
04-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Yea that was awesome

Elbow
04-30-2009, 07:26 PM
Lets get every member on IA to donate $10.

Then we can just buy the damn Varsity.

That would give us about $360,000.

Alan®
04-30-2009, 07:33 PM
PTC IS A BAD IDEA. VERY BAD IDEA. I LIVE THERE I WOULD KNOW. PLUS FALCON FEILD IS AN ACTIVE AIRPORT. I know who would be willing to host. Though Allspeed will. But why not do it at a race track like seonia speedway.
Yea but the problem with that is that theres absolutely no room to do it there. If you've been to a V-Meet then you can pretty much gurantee this being a lot bigger than that. I have to agree whoever suggested a county fairground. It cant be that expensive to rent out for a day or two would provide ample parking space and space for vendors etc. Although I also have to concur that a race track would be cool as well but your limited to either going way the fuck up to commerce or all the fuckin way down to Reynolds.

NAMNORI
04-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Hey Paul/Julio/any mod that can make big decisions, you guys can pm me or give me a call and we can dicuss advertising for your event. Admin and i have discussed this a few times for other stuff. Please shoot me a message.

Motivation
05-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Import Atlanta is actually listed as one of the contacts on the ASAPcarclub.com website. So, those who check the website and see it can click and it brings it to the homepage. I am sure there are a lot more people willing to support it, also. Also, Paul, lmk if you need someone to get the word out on anything. Have a connection that does marketing and is hooked up with 96.1, can get us different vendors for shows, and live music. lmk man.

Firefightin_tC
05-01-2009, 12:54 AM
Atlanta Motor Speedway.

Or Road Atlanta.

aguynamedpat
05-01-2009, 01:43 AM
I think the big thing is Paul was trying to find a FREE place to hold the meet. Hell we could all throw out places that would gladly RENT us a parking lot, Paul wanted to make it free to everyone to sway them to come to this meet instead of the B.S. wannabe Nopi.

§treet_§peed
05-01-2009, 02:58 AM
tuner splash ftw lulz

aguynamedpat
05-01-2009, 03:01 AM
Have they trademarked that name?

Call our shit:

MOTORSPORTS ATLANTA

lulz

SandM
05-01-2009, 07:57 AM
i would definately be down, as would a few of my friends. Southeastern Supermeet ftmfw

dabuilding
05-01-2009, 02:03 PM
hey paul any real ideas on this happening yet man lmk :goodjob:

MINI
05-04-2009, 08:35 AM
I would be completely down for a massive IA meet. I would def pay also

XanRules
05-15-2009, 06:27 PM
There's a scene?
What?

tdurr
05-15-2009, 11:55 PM
^^ true story. I really havent seen a "scene" cpt from the IS boys running around like a highschool pack picking on someone.

I am on of the people who tries to make it out to everything i can, i tell friends and drag them to shows trying to get some ppl who would really be there to help.

I kinda feel the scene is now more show then "go". I never really hear of races spawning from meets(cpt random high way pulls). If i had a simi quick car and money id make tons of call outs just cuz.
my $0.02

marcos713
05-20-2009, 12:09 AM

i agree! :goodjob: mm how about the GA dome parking where Import Alliance 09 was held? or GA motor speed way? both have ample parking for all IA members and pple that just want to go see. if this idea ever gets off the ground it'l b awsome!

quickdodge®
05-20-2009, 06:54 AM
I never really hear of races spawning from meets(cpt random high way pulls).

Who cares? That's a good thing. That's less idiots doing like the quote below me.

If i had a simi quick car and money id make tons of call outs just cuz.
my $0.02

If this is true, I'd have to include you in the "I'd laugh my ass off if you wrapped your car around anything" attitude. Later, QD.

jr4mny
05-26-2009, 03:25 AM
id be down for a big IA meet to get to know ppl ive talked to for a couple years now..
do something for the summer, we could do something in tribble mill park, lawrenceville...there is shit loads of paking, places for bbqs and pavillions and a couple lakes! even have a field where vendors could setup and what not...maybe even a track..

whatever that is decided im down to represent

MattB
05-26-2009, 09:02 AM
I'd love to see a large IA sponsored meet. and I'd be willing to pay an entrance fee or whatever to help support the site/costs for such events. IA has always been one of my favorite sites to visit and would def come out to a show/gathering/etc.

tdurr
05-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Who cares? That's a good thing. That's less idiots doing like the quote below me.

If this is true, I'd have to include you in the "I'd laugh my ass off if you wrapped your car around anything" attitude. Later, QD.

lol never saw this. I said anything about races spawning from meets is because originally meets spawned from racing.
Think about it. What is the point of having a quick/fast DD or car at all if you are never going to put your foot down on it? Its human nature to be competitive. I'm talking about track call outs too. Dont hear of it too much at all, accept with the Its stock crew. they are a different story tho.

And u gotta remember, i never said id be racing on or off the street if my car was quick, nor did i say it would be in a straight line or have alot of turns. Hell it could be a cross country thing for all you know, don't make assumsptions about everyone QD :goodjob:

C-loS109
05-26-2009, 06:57 PM

the gwinnett fairgrounds. it has 2 huge parking lots ands its easy to get too. i dont know how to get it though lol but im sure if its a go i can call numbers to figure something out.

quickdodge®
05-26-2009, 10:28 PM
What is the point of having a quick/fast DD or car at all if you are never going to put your foot down on it?

That's what tracks are for. If you can't control yourself, you shouldn't be messing with it.

don't make assumsptions about everyone QD

I read the below quote that you made:

If i had a simi quick car and money id make tons of call outs just cuz.

and I realize that there isn't much room left for assumptions. It's right there in gray and white. I don't know. Later, QD.

tdurr
05-27-2009, 12:25 AM
lol u missed my point/i just started rambling. I never said street or track about call outs.
hehe but it all would depend on the tires i had on the car if it was gonna be street roll or at a track.

quickdodge®
05-27-2009, 05:43 AM
hehe but it all would depend on the tires i had on the car if it was gonna be street roll or at a track.

And if chose street, I'd choose to laugh at your funeral. Later, QD.

tdurr
05-27-2009, 04:19 PM
^^ good to know.
but anyways, anyone gonna get a official IA meet going or we just gonna dream about it?

Tracy
05-27-2009, 04:42 PM
They called me yesterday. I told them they made a big mistake. Call me Paul when you have a minute and we will discuss. Too much to type here.

I have a fair amount of money put aside to collaborate on an event. I just don't want to do them alone anymore.

tdurr
05-27-2009, 11:52 PM
^^ ill help lol.

Paul
06-15-2009, 11:58 AM
ALRIGHT GUYS INFO COMING ASAP I HAVE THE FLYER BEING DEVELOPED AND AS SOON AS IT IS MADE WE WILL ANNOUNCE THE DETAILS... THIS WILL BE A ONE DAY EVENT LOOKING AT SEPT. 19 AND IT WILL BE FREE UNLIKE ALL OTHER EVENTS YOU'VE BEEN TOO!!!

FREE CAR SHOW, FREE DYNO CONTEST, FREE FOOD, ENTERTAINMENT, ETC!!!

SandM
06-15-2009, 12:07 PM
woo hoo..... good stuff

civic gsr
06-15-2009, 12:09 PM
im not tat big of a boss in ia but im down for wateva

Tracy
06-15-2009, 12:25 PM
w3rd!

tdurr
06-15-2009, 07:26 PM
ALRIGHT GUYS INFO COMING ASAP I HAVE THE FLYER BEING DEVELOPED AND AS SOON AS IT IS MADE WE WILL ANNOUNCE THE DETAILS... THIS WILL BE A ONE DAY EVENT LOOKING AT SEPT. 19 AND IT WILL BE FREE UNLIKE ALL OTHER EVENTS YOU'VE BEEN TOO!!!

FREE CAR SHOW, FREE DYNO CONTEST, FREE FOOD, ENTERTAINMENT, ETC!!!

RIGHTOUS!!! now to make sure im off work that day...

Paul
07-02-2009, 09:55 PM
TUNERFEST SHOOTOUT DETAILS ARE OUT:

http://importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?p=38065346#post38065346

Tracy
07-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Good!

I have a little story to tell. MSN contacted Dan and I to perform a drifting demo. I proceeded to tell them what the scene thought about them and their actions last year. They swore up and down that it wasn't their fault and that Mark and JBird had no authority to make decisions (I know different). They proceeded to tell me that IA had blown things way out of proportion, at which point I had to put them n their place.

So, after a few phone calls, I decide to give them a chance. They offer to pay Dan and I and 4 other driver to perform the drifting demo. They come to our shop and take up 3 hours of our time to have a meeting regarding what is needed for the drifting area and to discuss the inclusions in the contract. They tell us they will be back with the contract asap.

The call Dan shortly after our meeting and ask us if we have insurance for the demo. We tell them in a nut shell that it is not our responsibility to obtain insurance for their event. They tell us they will be back with us the following Thursday after they have had some time to get quotes for the insurance and speak with their lawyers.

2 Thursdays pass and on the 3rd Thursday I contact them to inquire about the contract. They tell me that they are still looking into the insurance issue. At this point, I know they are totally BSin me. I guess they forgot that I used to host events and carried my own insurance for 3 years. I decided to go ahead and get an insurance quote, just to call them out on their BS.

I get the quote. Took me all of 2 minutes, not 3 weeks. I send them an e-mail with the quote at which point they email me back to tell me they have a sponsor for the area and they are going to use their own drivers.

Ultimately, this is understandable. What is not understandable is the BS, crap, lies they tried to tell us. They wasted my time. They milked me for info. They insulted the scene. Then they tried to play me for a fool by telling me some BS insurance crap. In all reality, all they had to do was tell me from the get go that they may not use us and they were just inquiring about our services. They shouldn't have had me speak to my drivers, have them start preparing, tell me they are getting us a contract, then try to cover their butts by telling me some insurance lie.

I am so over people who only have money, but have no interest in the automotive industry ruining it. They have proved to me to be along the same lines and attitude as NOPI and NOPI ruined everything they touched. It makes it so hard for people like us and Paul to obtain sponsorships, when you have "business" people who operate like this and in the process ruin it for the legit.

Wait til I get rich.

Paul
07-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Good!

I have a little story to tell. MSN contacted Dan and I to perform a drifting demo. I proceeded to tell them what the scene thought about them and their actions last year. They swore up and down that it wasn't their fault and that Mark and JBird had no authority to make decisions (I know different). They proceeded to tell me that IA had blown things way out of proportion, at which point I had to put them n their place.

So, after a few phone calls, I decide to give them a chance. They offer to pay Dan and I and 4 other driver to perform the drifting demo. They come to our shop and take up 3 hours of our time to have a meeting regarding what is needed for the drifting area and to discuss the inclusions in the contract. They tell us they will be back with the contract asap.

The call Dan shortly after our meeting and ask us if we have insurance for the demo. We tell them in a nut shell that it is not our responsibility to obtain insurance for their event. They tell us they will be back with us the following Thursday after they have had some time to get quotes for the insurance and speak with their lawyers.

2 Thursdays pass and on the 3rd Thursday I contact them to inquire about the contract. They tell me that they are still looking into the insurance issue. At this point, I know they are totally BSin me. I guess they forgot that I used to host events and carried my own insurance for 3 years. I decided to go ahead and get an insurance quote, just to call them out on their BS.

I get the quote. Took me all of 2 minutes, not 3 weeks. I send them an e-mail with the quote at which point they email me back to tell me they have a sponsor for the area and they are going to use their own drivers.

Ultimately, this is understandable. What is not understandable is the BS, crap, lies they tried to tell us. They wasted my time. They milked me for info. They insulted the scene. Then they tried to play me for a fool by telling me some BS insurance crap. In all reality, all they had to do was tell me from the get go that they may not use us and they were just inquiring about our services. They shouldn't have had me speak to my drivers, have them start preparing, tell me they are getting us a contract, then try to cover their butts by telling me some insurance lie.

I am so over people who only have money, but have no interest in the automotive industry ruining it. They have proved to me to be along the same lines and attitude as NOPI and NOPI ruined everything they touched. It makes it so hard for people like us and Paul to obtain sponsorships, when you have "business" people who operate like this and in the process ruin it for the legit.

Wait til I get rich.

110% girl :cheers:

You & I have been around a long time and know whats up w/ promoters here in Atlanta. :2up:

Chuckster
07-03-2009, 11:02 PM
FUCK EM ALL, FUCK EM ALL UP THE ASS WITH A BASEBALL BAT!

thomas1168
07-04-2009, 04:35 PM
let em make some plans with my travel plans we have a 8000 sq ft warehouse behind the atlanta auto auction the parking lot will hold another 125 to 200 cars

maybe we should do a big meet at a shop the same weekend. we could do a bbq would have to fiqure out a small fee we will haveto empty the warehouse.

Paul
07-20-2009, 03:00 PM
let em make some plans with my travel plans we have a 8000 sq ft warehouse behind the atlanta auto auction the parking lot will hold another 125 to 200 cars

we could definately do a meet there but we are planning on TFS the same weekend now :goodjob:

http://www.importatlanta.com/front-tfs.jpg

http://www.importatlanta.com/back-tfs.jpg

ianb52
08-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Give the word i'll be there.

91boostdgsr
08-13-2009, 01:11 AM
i know i may be new to IA but ive been in the honda scene since i was like 14 and been building cars since i was 8 it would be nice to have a show like that

DeeAOne
08-13-2009, 01:20 AM
i saw that someone said something about stickers earlier in the thread.

CAN WE BRING THEM BACK?! i'd like one. :goodjob:

Paul
08-13-2009, 08:45 AM
i saw that someone said something about stickers earlier in the thread.

CAN WE BRING THEM BACK?! i'd like one. :goodjob:

i will have atleast 500 decals there... working on T-shirts, etc. :goodjob:

marcos713
08-13-2009, 09:30 AM
Kool i call dibs on a decal :goodjob: see every1 there!

Just_lookin
08-20-2009, 03:24 PM
im in 4 sure tryin to get a crowd to roll out of loganvile/snellville area

Paul
09-02-2009, 11:03 AM
im in 4 sure tryin to get a crowd to roll out of loganvile/snellville area
awesome appreciate the support!