PDA

View Full Version : B18 half shaft.

DaRussian
04-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Ok here's the deal, i have a 95 integra that had a bad motor and tranny. so i bought another motor and tranny put them together, and now when i went to put the half shaft on it doesnt fit. it goes into the tranny perfectly fine and it seems like its sticking straight out of the tranny but the bolts on the motor do not line up but they are the same bolt pattern. the shaft seems to be too close too the motor. does anybody know what could be wrong? the tranny lined up good with the motor. are there different b-series halfshafts out there by any chance? any help is appreciated.

Black4DrEK
04-28-2009, 07:30 PM
there is diff. halfshafts..

One for DA chassis then DC ect...

turbob20
04-28-2009, 10:22 PM
you have an automatic half shaft,the differentials are different in auto so its spaced differently so try keep your same years and 5 speed parts together.

DaRussian
04-28-2009, 10:59 PM
yea thats the point thats the halfshaft that came with the car, and the car had a bad tranny so maybe who ever was putting it on they put on the wrong halfshaft because u would have to pull it in with the bolts to the engine to screw it on. and maybe thats how the first tranny went bad... thanks for the help guys.