PDA

View Full Version : Who else feels like IA is in a cancer battle?

IndianStig
04-27-2009, 11:19 PM
Who remembers the day when a single days posting of the whoreslounge would be 2-3 pages worth of threads? When the killsforum had 5-6 new threads everyweekend? When the majority of posting was not done by the same 25 or so post whores, and everyone else could actually have a good discussion without having threads go to shit after the first 10 posts? I don't know but it seems like we're (IA is) in the middle of khemo and bald as a motherfucker right now. I mean...will what you see below ever be topped?

"Most users ever online was 3495, 03-09-2005 at 06:25 PM."

I personally hope we can beat that but right now it seems the cancers spreading.

Sammich
04-28-2009, 08:40 AM
repost...

Ed
04-28-2009, 08:41 AM
i miss the days when PBS wasnt around.

Jason..
04-28-2009, 08:43 AM
Who remembers the day when a single days posting of the whoreslounge would be 2-3 pages worth of threads? When the killsforum had 5-6 new threads everyweekend? When the majority of posting was not done by the same 25 or so post whores, and everyone else could actually have a good discussion without having threads go to shit after the first 10 posts? I don't know but it seems like we're (IA is) in the middle of khemo and bald as a motherfucker right now. I mean...will what you see below ever be topped?

I personally hope we can beat that but right now it seems the cancers spreading.I don't...but damn im hungry.

TeeJay
04-28-2009, 08:44 AM
i miss the days when PBS wasnt around.

I remember those days....the good ol days

Sammich
04-28-2009, 08:47 AM
get outa here tj...i here yo baby crying

TeeJay
04-28-2009, 08:49 AM
get outa here tj...i here yo baby crying
hes with his grandma, so im good

Sammich
04-28-2009, 08:49 AM
haha. how's he doing man?

TeeJay
04-28-2009, 01:04 PM
hes doing good homey, 3 months old almost, and he is over 16 lb already whatta fatty

Sammich
04-28-2009, 01:53 PM
LOL AWESOME MAN THATS WHAT'S UP...SAMMICH IS ENVIOUS, NO HOMO AND ALL SERIOUS

SxyVnessa
04-28-2009, 03:19 PM
i miss Mallory

blaknoize
04-28-2009, 03:37 PM
um, there was a day were more people were online...

tdurr
04-28-2009, 08:50 PM
um... well stop ur bitching and start making interesting threads.

Elbow
04-28-2009, 09:04 PM
I do miss good ol' IA drama threads that can keep you reading all day.

RandomGuy
04-29-2009, 02:37 PM

I personally hope we can beat that but right now it seems the cancers spreading.

im pretty sure that was THE DAY that IA crashed... and it just came up again so word spread and people started signing up again

OnURleft
04-29-2009, 05:15 PM
I do because I was here in 2004 under a name I have completely forgot, something M though..or was it hmm... Don't remember

It wasn't that great then, nor is it that bad now. The drama is really funny now, and the racing was really good then, the w-lounge was better, but most of those guys still post from time to time, they just grew up

Consider marketing?

I mean come on, whoever is really in charge or promoting this site (I am sorry if this really insults you) but they need to be fired. Never once in the last 5-6ish years have I seen an I.A flyer, or free stickers, or cards on windshield wipers or anything. Your telling me I can go to any given meet and get handed a flier for anything but not the biggest import tuner site probably on the East Coast? I.A loss of valuable members, respectable posters and lack of new traffic is because it's marketed poorly, and the rules are not always held strong by the mods. It doesn't take a degree to know that the site needs improvements on the business side.
New member recruitment and site promotion = Huh?

AnthonyF
04-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Consider marketing?

I mean come on, whoever is really in charge or promoting this site (I am sorry if this really insults you) but they need to be fired. Never once in the last 5-6ish years have I seen an I.A flyer, or free stickers, or cards on windshield wipers. New member recruitment = fail.

We used to have booths at events to promote the site. Some of us rock IA stickers on our vehicles to help promote it while driving around.

It is basically a word of mouth thing. It's doing quite well IMO. But business cards and flyers cost quite a bit of money. I don't know how much this site makes but it wouldn't be a bad idea for some of these things to happen.

Maybe MORE OFFICAL IA meets. All of GA. Mareitta, G-net, southside, etc... Have some1 bring a booth, dj (possibly), and have our merchandise for sale (t-shirts, hats, stickers, etc..)

-Ant.

Crazy Asian
04-29-2009, 05:25 PM
I do. We have a new strain of the AID's Virus called Buttons. Also, we have a new type of Swine flu called Sammich. God help us.

matthewAPM
04-29-2009, 05:26 PM
why not try sponsoring a Time Attack car that is on TV?? hint

blacknightteg
04-29-2009, 05:32 PM
i always wondered why they were very slow when it came to their marketing, but then again, look at the home page. it took them 3 years to update that. lol.

OnURleft
04-29-2009, 05:42 PM
We used to have booths at events to promote the site. Some of us rock IA stickers on our vehicles to help promote it while driving around.

It is basically a word of mouth thing. It's doing quite well IMO. But business cards and flyers cost quite a bit of money. I don't know how much this site makes but it wouldn't be a bad idea for some of these things to happen.

Maybe MORE OFFICAL IA meets. All of GA. Mareitta, G-net, southside, etc... Have some1 bring a booth, dj (possibly), and have our merchandise for sale (t-shirts, hats, stickers, etc..)

-Ant.

See that's what I am talking about.... How successful was that gallon challenge and no one even knew about it??? Those meets are fun, and the site can give away free shirts/stickers/whatever to anyone new. There is lots of potential to grow and even more to get your existing members more satisfied.
Why is there no I.A track day? Why is there no I.A rally? I could go on..

Word of mouth works when your are a doctor, ask my dad, his practice is 40 years old and he is booked into next year. Although, ya'll don't hold the relationship that a doctor/patient has, and as a result ya'll have to market or it can bite you. My uncle was under the mentality that he didn't need to market his company because he had "20 years experience painting and tiling" well, he had work for years but his business eventually dried up and he's working for someone else now and he still just doesn't get it (he didn't go to college) and was schooled in Mexico.
Word of mouth works somewhat for something like this, but the site makes money based on traffic and sitting there saying something similar to "well people who know, will tell people who know and well like 17 cars have stickers and well that's that" (not necc. you or the owners, just the attitude I get based on how little i've seen in the last few years) just sounds like something lazy to me. People can say anything, and where is I.A to say what I.A is?
If the site makes money from traffic, then ya'll should do everything in your power to bring more traffic. This site is pure advertisement, and I wonder how long it'll stay busy from just word of mouth

hondachik
04-29-2009, 05:47 PM
I do. We have a new strain of the AID's Virus called Buttons. Also, we have a new type of Swine flu called Sammich. God help us.

x2. Even though I wasn't around before Sammich aka PBS aka PhatBoiSlim...aka Pubes Virus

BMooreZ28
04-29-2009, 05:51 PM
About the stickers, who makes them? I'll get a few. Ill get them from you at a meet or something. :D

We need more events and attention bringing stuff to promote this site, more people will join. Commercials on Speed?

matthewAPM
04-29-2009, 05:52 PM
dang Ian, stop typing so much. lol

OnURleft
04-29-2009, 05:54 PM
About the stickers, who makes them? I'll get a few. Ill get them from you at a meet or something. :D

We need more events and attention bringing stuff to promote this site, more people will join. Commercials on Speed?

Management should be all over this ASAP. This is what i'm talking about, no one even knows who has the I.A stickers. This shouldn't even be a question.
I.A is lucky SOME people love I.A, because without it then this site would be dust in the wind. Obviously it earned quite a good reputation years ago, there is no reason to let it fall now

hondachik
04-29-2009, 05:56 PM

Srsly. Can IA afford that?

matthewAPM
04-29-2009, 05:57 PM
im telling you. sponsor a TT car. exposure FTW

BMooreZ28
04-29-2009, 05:57 PM
Management should be all over this ASAP. This is what i'm talking about, no one even knows who has the I.A stickers. This shouldn't even be a question.
I.A is lucky SOME people love I.A, because without it then this site would be dust in the wind. Obviously it earned quite a good reputation years ago, there is no reason to let it fall now

That's what I'm saying, I agree with your posts 100%. Ive seen maybe 20 cars with importatlanta stickers out of 546563415416. I got many people to join this site, I LOVE it, its a GREAT site. Get some commercials on SPEED, have some booths at County fairs, sponsor some racing TV shows, hold more IA contests/challenges etc.

BMooreZ28
04-29-2009, 05:58 PM

How much would a Commercial cost? Some people on here would donate, but don't more people bring more money to the site?

Maybe, I'm just stupid, might be it lol.

BMooreZ28
04-29-2009, 05:59 PM

REPS!

SandM
04-29-2009, 06:02 PM

damnit matt, no one will sponsor you....... lol
i agree about meets and whatnot. The last meet I attended was a G'nett meet for a cookout at shorty howell. Met some great people and had an awesome time.
plus, I know that when namnori and I set up some of this charity stuff, we try and include IA in it. You guys were a big help for the "Cruise for Kids" :goodjob:

matthewAPM
04-29-2009, 06:03 PM
REPS!

I am looking for sponsors for my car. I would totally love to have IA jump on board but I really think they have zero interest

OnURleft
04-29-2009, 06:04 PM

I once sent an inquire to advertise here awhile back,
all I have to say is what I said in my first post...

It doesn't take a degree to know that the site needs improvements on the business side.

because it's not exactly cheap to advertise here, nor is it expensive but the site is making good money.

There is plenty of money on here to do a meet, there just needs to be someone with a little bit a commitment. Not to mention you typically MAKE money when you do a track weekend, or a ralley with an entry fee, or a drag day etc. Why do you think the owner of Chin Motorsports is rocking a blown NSX for track duty and a nice place in Florida

Edit: Sorry as much as I love racing, if this site were mine or I was in charge of the marketing side of things I would not sponsor a race car as this place sits.
I.A is a lifestyle board, not a company selling parts, they are not trying to sell anything but your presence and I.M.O putting your name on the side of a fast car is not enough to win people's time over.
Put on a Super Santa Run/Cook out, promote it like hell, have stickers/t-shirt door prizes and market the hell out of it. That's what I am talking about, not to mention the site could turn a profit from the entrance fee's. We do every time we privately rent a track and have our friends pay/come out.

matthewAPM
04-29-2009, 06:05 PM
damnit matt, no one will sponsor you....... lol
i agree about meets and whatnot. The last meet I attended was a G'nett meet for a cookout at shorty howell. Met some great people and had an awesome time.

really? I wounder why all these nice companies give me stuff...haha

y0, hurry and do a dang build man

BMooreZ28
04-29-2009, 06:05 PM
I am looking for sponsors for my car. I would totally love to have IA jump on board but I really think they have zero interest

It's a great idea, talk it over with paul and julio. good luck

matthewAPM
04-29-2009, 06:07 PM
It's a great idea, talk it over with paul and julio. good luck

Hmmm.....

(runs to work on proposal)

BMooreZ28
04-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Hmmm.....

(runs to work on proposal)

:lmao: good luck man!

JITB
04-29-2009, 06:10 PM

mazda? or bmw?

i agree with a sponsored vehicle that would be nice to follow.. as long as its a mazda..lol

More IA meets would be nice too..

matthewAPM
04-29-2009, 06:13 PM
mazda? or bmw?

i agree with a sponsored vehicle that would be nice to follow.. as long as its a mazda..lol

More IA meets would be nice too..

Well the BMW is being built into a endurance car as we speak (VIR 13hr, thunderhill 25hr, etc) so thats a no go. I would have really liked to finish through with the LS1 but I heart enduros

I am looking HARD for a new car to build. RX8 is one that is in the list but I really think S2000 is what we will end up with. Parts will start flying the day the car arrives...

hondachik
04-29-2009, 06:18 PM
fuck that...we need to invest in a stronger server.

JITB
04-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Well the BMW is being built into a endurance car as we speak (VIR 13hr, thunderhill 25hr, etc) so thats a no go. I would have really liked to finish through with the LS1 but I heart enduros

I am looking HARD for a new car to build. RX8 is one that is in the list but I really think S2000 is what we will end up with. Parts will start flying the day the car arrives...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

do the Rx8..

SandM
04-29-2009, 06:49 PM
really? I wounder why all these nice companies give me stuff...haha

y0, hurry and do a dang build man

haha, i would, but I need sponsorz like you.... but, I need to get on the track first, which means I need to get moar money..

matthewAPM
04-29-2009, 06:52 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

do the Rx8..

power to weight, power to weight...it goes to the S2k

matthewAPM
04-29-2009, 06:53 PM
haha, i would, but I need sponsorz like you.... but, I need to get on the track first, which means I need to get moar money..

Well I need sponsors to run the events, you need them to build. ha

SandM
04-29-2009, 06:58 PM
yes, technically that's my excuse, but I really just need to grab some rear tires and get the hell on the track. I am fail.

IndianStig
04-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Put on a Super Santa Run/Cook out, promote it like hell, have stickers/t-shirt door prizes and market the hell out of it. That's what I am talking about, not to mention the site could turn a profit from the entrance fee's. We do every time we privately rent a track and have our friends pay/come out.

Super Santa Run FTMFW!