PDA

View Full Version : 240sx turbo.

vtecdude93
04-27-2009, 09:29 PM
i have a problem with my 240sx, the car smoke when its on, i was told when the car was left at the shop killswitch in downtown, that there was a oil leak into the turbo. what can i do with this problem, car was left at killswitch almost a year but no work has been done so i towed it back. and the engine shut off if you give it too much gas
anyone help?

edit. called killswitch today and ask them what was wrong with the car one more time they said the turbo had been replace, and they drove around with it for a while with no problems, and i told them about the car now when it shut off when yur giving it to much gas, they said it could be the oil return in the oil plan need to be relocate.

SixSquared
04-27-2009, 09:41 PM
If Killswitch said there was an oil leak in the turbo, there probably was. We need more information before we can help you with the shutting off problem... KA turbo or SR20 engine? Injectors? Stock turbo if an SR? What size turbo if it's a KA or has a bigger turbo on an SR? Other mods on engine?

Personally, I would have left it at KS. They may be slow, but they are good people. They're slow because they are busy, and if you tell them to take their time/that it's not a rush, they will treat it as such.

vtecdude93
04-27-2009, 09:46 PM
it been at KS for almost over a year, i think its a after market turbo, i dont know much about the car since a friend of mine gave it to me, plus there pic of the motor in the for sale thread, thanks anyways, car is mosty stock

If Killswitch said there was an oil leak in the turbo, there probably was. We need more information before we can help you with the shutting off problem... KA turbo or SR20 engine? Injectors? Stock turbo if an SR? What size turbo if it's a KA or has a bigger turbo on an SR? Other mods on engine?

Personally, I would have left it at KS. They may be slow, but they are good people. They're slow because they are busy, and if you tell them to take their time/that it's not a rush, they will treat it as such.

SixSquared
04-27-2009, 09:49 PM
Well if you know that little about it and you got a spot at KS, I would have kept it. Post pics of the car/engine if you want my help... I'm not gonna search cars for sale to find them.

vtecdude93
04-27-2009, 09:53 PM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231642

Well if you know that little about it and you got a spot at KS, I would have kept it. Post pics of the car/engine if you want my help... I'm not gonna search cars for sale to find them.

SixSquared
04-27-2009, 10:47 PM
I've seen that car up at killswitch. It's a KA-T setup. If it's cutting off under acceleration, I would recommend double checking the FMU to make sure it is functioning properly. If it is, then check your injectors. If the injectors and FMU are all working properly, upgrade the injectors and possibly fuel pump. KA's under boost and hard acceleration will starve themselves pretty quickly if the fuel delivery system isn't up to snuff.

vtecdude93
04-27-2009, 10:52 PM
thanks man wanna come by and take a look at it for me?

I've seen that car up at killswitch. It's a KA-T setup. If it's cutting off under acceleration, I would recommend double checking the FMU to make sure it is functioning properly. If it is, then check your injectors. If the injectors and FMU are all working properly, upgrade the injectors and possibly fuel pump. KA's under boost and hard acceleration will starve themselves pretty quickly if the fuel delivery system isn't up to snuff.

SixSquared
04-28-2009, 12:27 AM
1. My name is Emily.
2. Are you paying me for driving up there from Athens to take a look at it?

vtecdude93
04-28-2009, 11:22 PM
white smoke? anyone know ever had this problem killswitch said it the oil return

Puddin4489
04-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Get some money and take it back to ty and carina and get that ish fixed

Benefit
04-28-2009, 11:28 PM
could be boost leak/blow by....get a new turbo?

Cool Cat Racing
04-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Many turbo setups use oil drains that are way to small. People don't realize that it has to be at least 1/2" line with a constant downward travel to the pan. If its kinked or too small it will cause excessive pressure in the turbo and blow out the seals. Since you know so little about it your thread needs to be where to take it to get it looked at in the time frame you have to work with. No one is going to be able to fix your car on a forum if you know nothing about it.

Nick Jeezy
04-28-2009, 11:34 PM
take your car to lethal injection or some where. We can tell you have no idea what you are doing/talking about.

Killswitch Performance
04-28-2009, 11:59 PM
You haven't had the car down at our shop for over a year, your friend did. It was also not just there for one thing, he changed his mind a lot during the build, thats why it was there for so long. Plus other issues along the way.

But anyways, like I stated on the phone. Check the oil line, and check the turbo. If you would like us to do it, your more then welcome to bring it by.

Tyler