PDA

View Full Version : need help with crx not going into gear

SlamminCRX
04-26-2009, 09:33 PM
ok long story short, i was driving perfectly fine today on my way home, got up to the light, light turned green and i stalled out, turned the car back on and noticed that my clutch was grabbin in a different position and it was really hard for it to come out, it would go in gear perfectly fine it was just grabbin in different positions, i was able to make it home, and as i was pulling in my driveway i couldnt get the car to go in gear. so first thing i did was take my clutch cable out to inspect it, while i was at it, i was able to move that lever that the clutch cable goes into easily with my hand

my friend told me your not suppose to be able to move that lever like that, does that mean my throwout bearing took a shit? or the actual clutch took a shit?

aaronfelipe
04-27-2009, 10:54 AM
It could also mean that your clutch pedal assembly bracket snapped. It is not uncommon for it too happen if the pressure plate is stiff. Look under the dash where your clutch pedal pivots and make sure that all of the welds are intact. If they are, your only other thing is your tranny...

turbob20
04-28-2009, 10:44 PM
get some one to push it while you check it from under the hood. it could be on its way to complete cable break or pedal like the other guy stated. if not that then expect what you stated wich is pressre plate or throw out bearing or its retainer clip may have broke too.