PDA

View Full Version : oil squirters plug offs?

bpoweredhatch
04-26-2009, 10:34 AM
has anyone with a built bottom end ever pluged them off? i heard it helps the oil pressure? i think one of mine had broke awhile back and im just wantin to plug them off

green91
04-26-2009, 12:21 PM
I've heard of guys doing it before without a problem, but the squirters really do help keep the piston skirts cool and the bore lubricated, id really try and fix them if you could. What engine is it?

bpoweredhatch
04-26-2009, 06:03 PM
built gsr

Cool Cat Racing
04-29-2009, 08:00 AM
It won't really help your oil pressure. They're regulated in that they only squirt when there is sufficient pressure. If you have low oil pressure you need to either replace them or rebuild the engine since that's what is causing the low pressure. The squirters are necessary since you won't get oil on the bores otherwise. Cars that don't use squirters have holes in the rods to get oil up there. If you're running the car hard the squirters will make your engine last much longer.

Meatball546
04-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Why would you just want to raise your oil pressure? The only thing that could cause is your oil pump to wear faster, your cylinder walls to receive no cooling and lubrication, and loss of power due to restricted oil flow... It's not the pressure of the oil in the crank bearings that lubricate them, it's the movement of oil over them. If you wanted to increase oil flow, you could fit an oil bypass valve with a higher release pressure. By restricting oil flow, all you're doing is causing the bypass valve to pop open at a lower RPM. This means that from that RPM and up, the oil pressure has reached max; thus your oil flow remains constant even though the revs are rising. Bad.

gsrteg
04-30-2009, 12:05 PM
Leave it be man, its mandatory to replace it with oem part. Im probably sure HONDA knew what they were doing by designing and integrating the oil jet squirters.