PDA

View Full Version : Any one knows about tint?

jle254
04-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Alright guys. I live in Buford right off of Peachtree Industrial. I have gotten my windows tinted but the guy never tinted my front wind shield. Is there any place around suwanee or some where close that I can get that part tinted? Also i am looking for a place that uses Llumar tint because thats the ting that are on all of my other windows and it would be nice if it could match. LMK guys!

The Youngn
04-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Well any shop can tint that for you and what shop uses what film is something you might have to look around for. And they didn't tint that part probably because you didnt tell them to.

I have Llumar on all my cars. My guy switched to 3M films now and i want him to redo my windows but he moved to Jacksonville.

jle254
04-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Yeah thats what i kinda figured too i searched around a few but most of them dont use llumar. Man that kinda sucks though but whyd u want to redo your windows? did something happen with the llumar tint? Haha one last ques wassup with it saying that you are a cat?

98strat
04-26-2009, 10:27 PM
My windows were tinted at solar works in cumming and they use llumar

jr4mny
04-26-2009, 10:31 PM
sorry for the noob question, but what exactly is llumar tint..?

speedminded
04-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Are you talking about the sun strip or the entire windshield? Most won't do it because it's 100% illegal and will cost extra and won't be warrantied.

LLumar is a brand of film. If you really want to be baller get Huper Optik ceramic film.

SlamminCRX
04-26-2009, 10:39 PM
sorry for the noob question, but what exactly is llumar tint..?

+1

jle254
04-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Hey 98 Strat do you have thier number by any chance? and is the shop like near the Smoothie king and like the shopping center with Walmart and petco? Oh and yeah im talking about the sun strip on top. I believe its like the top 6' of the front windshield? something like that but yeah im talking about the sun strip. Huper optik ceramic film? sounds a bit exotic haha but ill definitely look into it. And Llumar is just another company that makes tint just like suntek etc.

stillaneon
04-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Well any shop can tint that for you and what shop uses what film is something you might have to look around for. And they didn't tint that part probably because you didnt tell them to.

I have Llumar on all my cars. My guy switched to 3M films now and i want him to redo my windows but he moved to Jacksonville.

I know a guy that uses 3M if I recall correctly. If you are interested

just FYI

TSiFTW
04-27-2009, 02:52 PM
I believe its like the top 6' of the front windshield?

You have a 6 foot plus front windshield?:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:Seriously though if it is just the to 6" or so then no one will be able to tell if it is a different kind of tint. Just use a comparable shade and %.

jle254
04-27-2009, 02:55 PM
Haha yeahh man i need to make shure I have a windshield where i can see everything haha but yeah i didnt realize it. But umm is 3M just a better company then Llumar?

TSiFTW
04-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Both are great and both companies have been around forever and are respected so I say either one is good.

jle254
04-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Oh alright. I was just checking because i already have Llumar on all of my other windows.

greengolfbal
04-27-2009, 03:29 PM
I've had numerous cars tinted. Don't know which brand I had on any of my cars, but never had a problem. Just make sure you use a cleaner with NO ammonia, you're good. And also, I never use the rear defroster cause I heard that it messes up tint too. Don't get the whole windshield done, its crazy illegal and you will get pulled over for it, unless you do like 50% or lighter....makes it a little less noticable that its tinted.

stillaneon
04-27-2009, 03:36 PM
I've had numerous cars tinted. Don't know which brand I had on any of my cars, but never had a problem. Just make sure you use a cleaner with NO ammonia, you're good. And also, I never use the rear defroster cause I heard that it messes up tint too. Don't get the whole windshield done, its crazy illegal and you will get pulled over for it, unless you do like 50% or lighter....makes it a little less noticable that its tinted.

Just to let you know

I use my rear defroster like normal.

never had an issue

Dont think it gets hot enought to do anything to the tint

The Youngn
04-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Yeah thats what i kinda figured too i searched around a few but most of them dont use llumar. Man that kinda sucks though but whyd u want to redo your windows? did something happen with the llumar tint? Haha one last ques wassup with it saying that you are a cat?
From information relayed to me from my guy that does tint, 3M is better quality film. Nothing's wrong with my tint, i'd just rather have it redone.

I was born in the year of the cat. That's why it's there. I'm a J. Le too:D:goodjob:

jle254
04-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Yeah i mean this is the first winter that i used my rear defroster and so far no problems really but thanks though ill definitely keep it in mind to watch out for the defroster. If you guys have any problems with the tint after that lmk! And yeah im definitely not planning to tint my whole wind shield I probably would get pulled over left and right. Haha yeahh i was like hmm i just noticed it said your a cat. Hmm thats pretty cool though I dont usually see a lot of Le's. You are probably like the first person i met in GA w/ Le other then my brothers that are up here lol. in georgia i always see more Pham's Nguyen's and Tran's but i guess thats everywhere. But yeah I might just switch to 3M then gotta see. I just like Llumar because i've heard that Llumar doesnt ever turn purple like some of the other tints.

Sorry for going through so many random thoughts! just trying to reply to everyone without quoting everytime!

stillaneon
04-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Yeah i mean this is the first winter that i used my rear defroster and so far no problems really but thanks though ill definitely keep it in mind to watch out for the defroster. If you guys have any problems with the tint after that lmk! And yeah im definitely not planning to tint my whole wind shield I probably would get pulled over left and right. Haha yeahh i was like hmm i just noticed it said your a cat. Hmm thats pretty cool though I dont usually see a lot of Le's. You are probably like the first person i met in GA w/ Le other then my brothers that are up here lol. in georgia i always see more Pham's Nguyen's and Tran's but i guess thats everywhere. But yeah I might just switch to 3M then gotta see. I just like Llumar because i've heard that Llumar doesnt ever turn purple like some of the other tints.

Sorry for going through so many random thoughts! just trying to reply to everyone without quoting everytime!

Hey man,

some more info.

I have mine tinted.

Officially a police officer has to use a laser tester for your windshield

Most dont have them.

but its your choice

speedminded
04-28-2009, 12:25 AM

Sorry for going through so many random thoughts! just trying to reply to everyone without quoting everytime!Every tint will turn purple if you use a cleaner with ammonia in it.

Hey man,

some more info.

I have mine tinted.

Most dont have them.

but its your choiceI've never seen an officer in Georgia with the two piece meter that's needed to test the windshield, they all seem to have the one-piece design that slips over the edge of the glass.

jle254
04-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Hey man,

some more info.

I have mine tinted.

Most dont have them.

but its your choice

What percent did you get your whole windshield?

jle254
04-28-2009, 02:58 PM
[QUOTE=speedminded]Every tint will turn purple if you use a cleaner with ammonia in it.

Yeahh the guy that installed made shure that i will never use cleaner with ammonia so now i just have the ammonia free windex so wipe down the windowss

The Youngn
04-28-2009, 09:21 PM
I have 35 on my whole windshield and i dont use any cleaners on the insides of my windows. Just microfiber and elbow grease....maybe get it just a little damp and it works perfect

speedminded
04-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Yeahh the guy that installed made shure that i will never use cleaner with ammonia so now i just have the ammonia free windex so wipe down the windowss
I have 35 on my whole windshield and i dont use any cleaners on the insides of my windows. Just microfiber and elbow grease....maybe get it just a little damp and it works perfect

Stoner Products Invisible Glass

http://www.invisibleglass.com/
http://www.stonersolutions.com/

http://www.invisibleglass.com/media/Photo-IG-Trio-03.jpg

The Youngn
04-28-2009, 11:01 PM
I don't trust it. Not saying I don't trust your word or recommendation. I just don't see a reason to try something that could potentially, in my mind, have some negative effect when I use no chemicals whatsoever and do a fine job as is.

speedminded
04-28-2009, 11:24 PM
I don't trust it. Not saying I don't trust your word or recommendation. I just don't see a reason to try something that could potentially, in my mind, have some negative effect when I use no chemicals whatsoever and do a fine job as is.Dry cloth, even microfiber can scratch the film...

jle254
04-29-2009, 01:52 PM
It can scratch the film? damn that suckss. You got 35% on ur front wind shield? Cops dont really notice at all? But yeah i see all those products at wal mart. It kinda looked a bit cheesy to me but mayb ill give it a try. Have is it been giving you any problems at all?

The Youngn
04-29-2009, 02:25 PM
Dry cloth, even microfiber can scratch the film...
I'd rather have nice colored tint with very fine scratches here and there rather than purple tint:D

speedminded
04-29-2009, 02:32 PM
It can scratch the film? damn that suckss. You got 35% on ur front wind shield? Cops dont really notice at all? But yeah i see all those products at wal mart. It kinda looked a bit cheesy to me but mayb ill give it a try. Have is it been giving you any problems at all?Any window cleaner that does not contain ammonia is safe for tint. Stoner products are made specifically for automobiles and i've been using Invisible Glass for many years.

jle254
04-29-2009, 04:56 PM
I'd rather have nice colored tint with very fine scratches here and there rather than purple tint:D

Haha i have to admit that i agree

jle254
04-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Hmm might go get a bottle and try it out. Weather is nice so i can finally wash and wax my car!