PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods my car bogs randomly

ryan yco
04-25-2009, 12:03 PM
ok so i hae a 99 prelude h22 with t3/t4 hybrid and im on low low boost of 4lbs right now and for some reason my car will have great power sometimes and others it will bog and just kinda seems like it flatlines. it will still rev up to redline but feels like i lost power. i checked for boost leaks, i've had all my injectors cleaned and re-flowed, has been tuned. my only thing i havent done yet is the fuel pump could it possibly be crapping on me every once and a wile or do yall think its something else. im just frustrated with it so any help or advice would be nice. thank you.

Slomaro Z28
04-25-2009, 12:11 PM
ok so i hae a 99 prelude h22 with t3/t4 hybrid and im on low low boost of 4lbs right now and for some reason my car will have great power sometimes and others it will bog and just kinda seems like it flatlines. it will still rev up to redline but feels like i lost power. i checked for boost leaks, i've had all my injectors cleaned and re-flowed, has been tuned. my only thing i havent done yet is the fuel pump could it possibly be crapping on me every once and a wile or do yall think its something else. im just frustrated with it so any help or advice would be nice. thank you.

My friends SRT 4 started doing something like this and we couldn't find the problem. It ended up being the BOV have crapped out and was causing bad boost leak.

turbob20
04-28-2009, 11:27 PM
change fuel filter, and see if your turbo impeller might be scrapping or dragging on the housing sometimes. also is your ac compressor, if you have it cycling off and on? even on some cars if your not using it it still cylcles to keep system operational and sealed. so when it kickes in the car doesnt pull as hard sometimes. or mybe a bearing in a pulley could be going out. hope you get it figured out.