PDA

View Full Version : LOL @ Popeyes Chicken and Black Ppl!

ct9a gsr
04-25-2009, 02:30 AM
Link:
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/Fracas_over_Popeyes_Fried_Chicken_Price_april_22_2 009

Fracas Over Popeye’s
Fried Chicken Price
$5 deal nearly set off a riot at Mpls
Popeye's

Created On: Wednesday, 22 Apr 2009, 8:10 PM CDT

MINNEAPOLIS - Hundreds of customers were angry to find the Popeye’s on Lake Street in Minneapolis was not offering a national promotion.

For Earth Day, Popeye’s was offering eight fried chicken pieces for $4.99 -- a special well-advertised on TV in Minneapolis.

But homemade signs on the door at the Popeye’s on Lake Street said it wasn't honoring the nationally advertised special. Instead, they were offering nine pieces for $9.99

The line for Popeye's was out the door Wednesday afternoon and early evening. A half-dozen Minneapolis police officer showed up to settle the crowd down.

The Lake Street Popeye's is the only Popeye's in the state of Minnesota.

Customers said it's not the first time the franchise has refused to honor a nationally advertised special.

Brick
04-25-2009, 02:59 AM
Customers said it's not the first time the franchise has refused to honor a nationally advertised special.

...and they go back again expecting differently. I feel sorry for the Manager. How many fast food places have so many issues they have to have a huge sign inside that says "You Are On Camera!"? :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Not surprised by the old man with the Obama hat either :D

browningboy7
04-25-2009, 03:04 AM
I got my pieces for $4.99 wtf was your problem? You must be black? =)

"B"
04-25-2009, 08:18 AM
Why is it that you can't find too many chicken places in KennesawAcworth but if you go on the east side of Atlanta on 285 there is a chicken joint at EVERY exit?

Julio
04-25-2009, 08:19 AM
Thats is rather funny...

But why is that on T.V? I think Honestly, they just wanted to make fun of Black people... That is not T.V News worthy.. I wonder how many people were killed while they were filming that in other parts of the country? Shit , even right there in that State.

I think is pathetic what that to play that..

Like I said, All they were trying to do , was take shots @ black people.

"B"
04-25-2009, 08:23 AM
^^^I knew there was a reason I liked Fox.

Julio
04-25-2009, 08:26 AM
^^^I knew there was a reason I liked Fox.

Well, FOX hates democrats... lol

So Im guessing you are republican and did not vote for ShitBama?

So you know where this whole thing was going :lmfao:

Echonova
04-25-2009, 08:27 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/7x15qc8.jpg

"B"
04-25-2009, 08:35 AM
Well, FOX hates democrats... lol

So Im guessing you are republican and did not vote for ShitBama?

So you know where this whole thing was going :lmfao:

Actually I am not a Republican and no, I did not vote for Obama.

"B"
04-25-2009, 08:35 AM

Self ownage?

ksniperfox
04-25-2009, 09:03 AM
Like I said, All they were trying to do , was take shots @ black people.

true or false, right or wrong, it is still funny.

looks like popeyes company is at fault. they know that the franchise has a choice, they shouldnt advertise nationally if they expect to keep their customers happy.

addandrew
04-25-2009, 09:30 AM
you gone eat cho cornbread?

87 Turbo II
04-25-2009, 09:36 AM
In Marietta the Popeyes had a line wrapping around the restaurant and going down the street. Not trying to be racist or anything but every single one of them was black. I don't think they realized, or cared for that matter, that feeding a stereotype like that is damaging to themselves.

Julio
04-25-2009, 09:39 AM
true or false, right or wrong, it is still funny.

looks like popeyes company is at fault. they know that the franchise has a choice, they shouldnt advertise nationally if they expect to keep their customers happy.

Actually, they had a fine print on the commercial....

lol

BobbyFresco
04-25-2009, 09:48 AM
In Marietta the Popeyes had a line wrapping around the restaurant and going down the street. Not trying to be racist or anything but every single one of them was black. I don't think they realized, or cared for that matter, that feeding a stereotype like that is damaging to themselves.

It does feed into stereotypes but you also have to realize that Americans in general love free or cheap shit...Had it been at a restaurant of interest to white people, it would have been the same.

Got Milk?
04-25-2009, 10:14 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA AT BLACK PEOPLE AND THEIR CHICKEN!

Echonova
04-25-2009, 11:07 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA AT BLACK PEOPLE AND THEIR CHICKEN!http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/1225093725861.gif

BobbyFresco
04-25-2009, 11:19 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/1225093725861.gif

LOL @ ni gg a moment.

Man....why'd they not continue seasons of this show?

81911SC
04-25-2009, 11:21 AM
I mean I understand being upset but damn near a riot? LOL

BanginJimmy
04-25-2009, 12:12 PM

That made me chuckle.

Jason..
04-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Thats is rather funny...

But why is that on T.V? I think Honestly, they just wanted to make fun of Black people... That is not T.V News worthy.. I wonder how many people were killed while they were filming that in other parts of the country? Shit , even right there in that State.

I think is pathetic what that to play that..

Like I said, All they were trying to do , was take shots @ black people.I don't think so..

87 Turbo II
04-25-2009, 09:00 PM
It does feed into stereotypes but you also have to realize that Americans in general love free or cheap shit...Had it been at a restaurant of interest to white people, it would have been the same.
Had it been of interest to white people? Food is food and the fact it's chicken makes it not appeal to white people? So chicken is only for black people huh? OH wait, that was kind of my point in the first place. Chicken joint has massive sale, black people (who are both stereotyped for being ghetto and cheap, and LOVING chicken) set themselves back a couple decades by rioting over it and piling traffic all over the place not just in the Minnesota story, but here in Georgia as well.......

A lot of black people are some of the biggest reasons racism isn't going away. If the ignorant ones would stop getting involved in stupid gang shit, stop calling all their friends/enimies/family members "*******" and stop trying to sell home made rap CDs out of the back of a Chrysler 300C/Chevy Impala/Caprice/Lumina with chrome spinners pep boys fender vents and trunk vibrating subs they'd help kill off some of their negative connotation. This is just the ignorant black people, not every black person, probably not even 1/3rd, and of course there are ignorant whites, Hispanics, and Asians as well but none are more numerous or obvious as Jamal going down the street pissing everyone off with their low self-esteem flashy "look at me listen to me" lifestyle. Spending more money on shoes, clothes, chrome jewelry and car accessories, and making as much noise as you can everywhere you go. Then they bitch about modern racism and how much the police suck even if they were arrested actually doing something wrong. How can that not piss off the level headed educated African Americans? You can listen to rap, wear air brushed shirts, and even flashy stuff. But refusing to speak proper English and being overly attention grabbing and flashy is just plain dumb.

Sorry about the rant but that shit is seriously so dumb.

Echonova
04-25-2009, 09:03 PM
I am white and I love Sheppard's pie. What does that make me?

87 Turbo II
04-25-2009, 09:08 PM
I am white and I love Sheppard's pie. What does that make me?
That's different than just feeding a steryotype. You aren't a group of 50 people shutting down a a street to get cheap stereotypical food.

I mean, I like chicken, and it sounds like a good deal, but seriously? THAT many black people left their house for that deal?

Echonova
04-25-2009, 09:13 PM
I mean, I like chicken, and it sounds like a good deal, but seriously? THAT many black people left their house for that deal?You don't know many black people do you? (Edit: Besides it's not like they were going to work anyway...)

Did you see Denny's that day when they were giving away a free breakfast? Million Man March had nothing on Denny's that day.

Lulz.

ep9716
04-25-2009, 10:12 PM
LOLOL

Echonova
04-25-2009, 10:43 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/20081103_obamaCries_250x375.jpg

ksniperfox
04-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Actually, they had a fine print on the commercial....

lol

well if i were racist, i might say something like black people are uneducated and couldnt read it anyway. or their eyes are too messed up from years of watching tv. or some other things that im not going to cross the line with, because im not racist.

but shit, if i were that much of a chicken fan i would go, but there arent any popeyes around here. now maybe mcdonalds...FUCK yeah.

"B"
04-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Had it been of interest to white people? Food is food and the fact it's chicken makes it not appeal to white people? So chicken is only for black people huh? OH wait, that was kind of my point in the first place. Chicken joint has massive sale, black people (who are both stereotyped for being ghetto and cheap, and LOVING chicken) set themselves back a couple decades by rioting over it and piling traffic all over the place not just in the Minnesota story, but here in Georgia as well.......

A lot of black people are some of the biggest reasons racism isn't going away. If the ignorant ones would stop getting involved in stupid gang shit, stop calling all their friends/enimies/family members "*******" and stop trying to sell home made rap CDs out of the back of a Chrysler 300C/Chevy Impala/Caprice/Lumina with chrome spinners pep boys fender vents and trunk vibrating subs they'd help kill off some of their negative connotation. This is just the ignorant black people, not every black person, probably not even 1/3rd, and of course there are ignorant whites, Hispanics, and Asians as well but none are more numerous or obvious as Jamal going down the street pissing everyone off with their low self-esteem flashy "look at me listen to me" lifestyle. Spending more money on shoes, clothes, chrome jewelry and car accessories, and making as much noise as you can everywhere you go. Then they bitch about modern racism and how much the police suck even if they were arrested actually doing something wrong. How can that not piss off the level headed educated African Americans? You can listen to rap, wear air brushed shirts, and even flashy stuff. But refusing to speak proper English and being overly attention grabbing and flashy is just plain dumb.

Sorry about the rant but that shit is seriously so dumb.

Too bad it was only decades and not centuries; my house needs to be cleaned.

Echonova
04-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Too bad it was only decades and not centuries; my house needs to be cleaned.Face it "B"... Black people are here to stay. This freedom thing they wanted turned out not to be a fad. Hell now they're taking all the white women!!!!!
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/obama_hilary.jpg

Nissan Sean
04-26-2009, 02:50 PM
i love me some popeye's( and im white)...mmm...mmmm...good. too bad the closest one to me is like 25 mins away. i want some red beans and rice right now!!!!

as far as the main topic goes. franchises dont always "participate" in specials, but if they had that many people show up they would have made alot of money.

also. that many black people flocking to a joint to get some fried chicken is hilarious..

nreggie454
04-26-2009, 04:35 PM
LOLOL @ the other end of the spectrum:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pyW6w5B7Aw

Zodiac
04-26-2009, 04:46 PM
LOL wow i dont like chicken that bad.

AirMax95
04-26-2009, 08:15 PM
I fail to see the humor.

willum14pb
04-27-2009, 09:22 PM