PDA

View Full Version : Thackers Bolt on GTO vs. Bullitt Mustang from a dig

Lankhoss
04-25-2009, 02:24 AM
Pretty good run!! Both on street tires.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5_voF1MISw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5_voF1MISw)

OnURleft
04-25-2009, 06:34 AM
looks good but obviously a car that traps 100-104 isn't going to catch a car that'll do 108-110

MachNU
04-25-2009, 08:38 AM
LOLOLOLOL shitty video and crappy race.

Jason..
04-25-2009, 09:12 AM
Nitrous!!

On_Her_Face
04-25-2009, 09:54 AM
ThackerSS has fast cars yes, but I have yet to see him "step up to the plate".

I could call out every n/a Honda and look as cool as thacker.

Lankhoss
04-25-2009, 10:07 AM
ThackerSS has fast cars yes, but I have yet to see him "step up to the plate".

I could call out every n/a Honda and look as cool as thacker.

Just out of curiosity what would you consider stepping up to the plate?

From what Thacker posted on his site he didn't call out the Bullitt, the bullitt simply wanted to see how he faired against Thackers GTO.

I will say the comments about Thacker not stepping up to the plate tend to get on my nerves almost as much as they get on his. He was giving up over 100 rwhp to that Cobra from a roll in one of his latest videos and still beat him and we all know how much Thacker hates to roll race. I think no matter what Thacker does as far as racing someone will always be there to discredit it simply because he is winning his races. I don't see what the facination with seeing him lose is.

I was there when he raced that Orange Mustang GT and his Camaro was giving up over 50 rwhp that night. Now I know as good as anyone that p:w makes more of a difference than anything but to say he isn't stepping up to the plate is seriously misplaced. Once again every car he has raced has been calling him out, not vice.

Lankhoss
04-25-2009, 10:09 AM
LOLOLOLOL shitty video and crappy race.

Sorry. It's pretty dead in here and the only real videos posted lately involve IS.net or his car.

Master Shake
04-25-2009, 10:12 AM

From what Thacker posted on his site he didn't call out the Bullitt, the bullitt simply wanted to see how he faired against Thackers GTO.

I will say the comments about Thacker not stepping up to the plate tend to get on my nerves almost as much as they get on his. He was giving up over 100 rwhp to that Cobra from a roll in one of his latest videos and still beat him and we all know how much Thacker hates to roll race. I think no matter what Thacker does as far as racing someone will always be there to discredit it simply because he is winning his races. I don't see what the facination with seeing him lose is.

I was there when he raced that Orange Mustang GT and his Camaro was giving up over 50 rwhp that night. Now I know as good as anyone that p:w makes more of a difference than anything but to say he isn't stepping up to the plate is seriously misplaced. Once again every car he has raced has been calling him out, not vice.lankhoss, that was good.

:lmfao:

:smileowne

so, who stepped up to that plate on that one?

Lankhoss
04-25-2009, 10:16 AM
lankhoss, that was good.

:lmfao:

:smileowne

so, who stepped up to that plate on that one?

The Bullitt called Thacker out so he could see how he faired against a good driver from a dig in a LS2 GTO. The bullitt has outran 2 LS2 GTO's at our meets so I would say Thacker stepped up to the plate by giving the man a chance to see how he faired.

Such hostility in here, it's ridiculous. This was a friendly race by two people that are FRIENDS and no money was on it. They were both on street tires and had passengers ontop of that and still, since it involves Thacker in someone or another someone has something negative to say.

On_Her_Face
04-25-2009, 10:16 AM

I was there when he raced that Orange Mustang GT and his Camaro was giving up over 50 rwhp that night. Now I know as good as anyone that p:w makes more of a difference than anything but to say he isn't stepping up to the plate is seriously misplaced. Once again every car he has raced has been calling him out, not vice.

Well that is all power to weight like you said, but I think he needs to race somebody with the same type of set up, like Kyle. Sometimes it just seems like he picks on the easy prey. Now I did not know that the Mustang wanted to see how he faired against the GTO, so I take back my previous post.

I guess what I am trying to say is he does not ever seem to want to be in a race where he is the "true" underdog.

Master Shake
04-25-2009, 10:20 AM
The Bullitt called Thacker out so he could see how he faired against a good driver from a dig in a LS2 GTO. The bullitt has outran 2 LS2 GTO's at our meets so I would say Thacker stepped up to the plate by giving the man a chance to see how he faired.

Such hostility in here, it's ridiculous. This was a friendly race by two people that are FRIENDS and no money was on it. They were both on street tires and had passengers ontop of that and still, since it involves Thacker in someone or another someone has something negative to say.i've never met thacker, but i gotta give him the respect for being one guy who is taking on most people who call him out.

i roam the IS.net boards.

Lankhoss
04-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Well that is all power to weight like you said, but I think he needs to race somebody with the same type of set up, like Kyle. Sometimes it just seems like he picks on the easy prey. Now I did not know that the Mustang wanted to see how he faired against the GTO, so I take back my previous post.

I guess what I am trying to say is he does not ever seem to want to be in a race where he is the "true" underdog.

If he races Kyles car he will not be the underdog. We discussed this last night even. Thacker knows exactly what Kyles car will do. He knows exactly what it dyno's and exactly what it runs at the track.

I would even go as far to say this. Thacker and Kyles car are VERY evenly matched as far as power and suspension. It will be a good race when it goes down.

However with that said most of Thackers races over the past 5-7 months have NOT been against evenly matched cars. Most of the time Thacker was definitely the underdog and this is why when he came in he called out cars like Collins, Dieselnuts etc and whoever else he raced over his initial spree in the killsforum. Cars that all made more power than him and were technically setup better than his but he wanted to prove to this forum and everyone else what he referred to as the "driver mod". Remember how no one believed his GTO was making 371? Remember how everyone thought he had a nitrous kit or hidden mods on his GTO? Remember how that all turned out to be crap and he was actually just out driving the crap out of everyone? Before Thacker joined here and started racing his GTO no one really considered the "driver mod" to really be a factor at all in a race. Most posts on here and other forums everyone simply pulled out the dick measuring dyno numbers and said, well this car should pull that one blah blah blah. Thacker came in, proved what a difference a driver mod can make from a dig and even from a roll race and still to this day people compare dyno numbers like they are a reputable source of information in a street race. As I have proven with my car dyno numbers mean jack in the big scheme of things and should only be used to compare the persons own car for tuning and performance gains.

I hate to get so worked up about this but it's really gone too far and all this complaining and whining about it once again is what has left this part of IA a dead oasis for action. His videos from his races and his sites races are the only action that has been going on in here lately you, I and everyone on the forum knows it.

Jason..
04-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Wow Lankoss....nicley put man.

Master Shake
04-25-2009, 10:36 AM
Wow Lankoss....nicley put man.X2

lankhoss straight layin it down today.

On_Her_Face
04-25-2009, 10:41 AM
If he races Kyles car he will not be the underdog. We discussed this last night even. Thacker knows exactly what Kyles car will do. He knows exactly what it dyno's and exactly what it runs at the track.

I would even go as far to say this. Thacker and Kyles car are VERY evenly matched as far as power and suspension. It will be a good race when it goes down.

However with that said most of Thackers races over the past 5-7 months have NOT been against evenly matched cars. Most of the time Thacker was definitely the underdog and this is why when he came in he called out cars like Collins, Dieselnuts etc and whoever else he raced over his initial spree in the killsforum. Cars that all made more power than him and were technically setup better than his but he wanted to prove to this forum and everyone else what he referred to as the "driver mod". Remember how no one believed his GTO was making 371? Remember how everyone thought he had a nitrous kit or hidden mods on his GTO? Remember how that all turned out to be crap and he was actually just out driving the crap out of everyone? Before Thacker joined here and started racing his GTO no one really considered the "driver mod" to really be a factor at all in a race. Most posts on here and other forums everyone simply pulled out the dick measuring dyno numbers and said, well this car should pull that one blah blah blah. Thacker came in, proved what a difference a driver mod can make from a dig and even from a roll race and still to this day people compare dyno numbers like they are a reputable source of information in a street race. As I have proven with my car dyno numbers mean jack in the big scheme of things and should only be used to compare the persons own car for tuning and performance gains.

I hate to get so worked up about this but it's really gone too far and all this complaining and whining about it once again is what has left this part of IA a dead oasis for action. His videos from his races and his sites races are the only action that has been going on in here lately you, I and everyone on the forum knows it.

Anybody who thinks that the driver is not a factor is a retard, which most of this site is.. I'm not saying thacker is a bad driver or anything along the lines of that. I am not talking about races with his GTO, those were good races. It just seems like if the race is questionable in his GTO, then he wants to race with his Camaro on motor. All of this may have changed now, I haven't been paying attention to Thacker lately. I can see if you are racing for money to try and scam everything you can, but if it is just to test the car, why not push it as far as you can?

Lankhoss
04-25-2009, 10:48 AM
Anybody who thinks that the driver is not a factor is a retard, which most of this site is.. I'm not saying thacker is a bad driver or anything along the lines of that. I am not talking about races with his GTO, those were good races. It just seems like if the race is questionable in his GTO, then he wants to race with his Camaro on motor. All of this may have changed now, I haven't been paying attention to Thacker lately. I can see if you are racing for money to try and scam everything you can, but if it is just to test the car, why not push it as far as you can?

I don't think he's trying to scam anyone per se. I think he's just used to people underestimating the cars he drives and he gets enjoyment out of proving them wrong.

Take the 600+ rwhp Cobra he ran the other night. With a straight face the Cobra walked up to him and offered him the hit from a roll. Knowing Thackers reputation for driving, knowing his mods on his Camaro down to a tee (hell they are posted everywhere) and knowing exactly what his Camaro should do the Cobra guy still walked up and offered him the hit and then was so confident as to bet $100 on it. I am sure in Thackers mind even though he hates roll racing bells went off a big CHA CHING rang out as he started thinking of how he was going to spend the $100 the Cobra driver was basically giving him.

On_Her_Face
04-25-2009, 10:53 AM
I don't think he's trying to scam anyone per se. I think he's just used to people underestimating the cars he drives and he gets enjoyment out of proving them wrong.

Take the 600+ rwhp Cobra he ran the other night. With a straight face the Cobra walked up to him and offered him the hit from a roll. Knowing Thackers reputation for driving, knowing his mods on his Camaro down to a tee (hell they are posted everywhere) and knowing exactly what his Camaro should do the Cobra guy still walked up and offered him the hit and then was so confident as to bet $100 on it. I am sure in Thackers mind even though he hates roll racing bells went off a big CHA CHING rang out as he started thinking of how he was going to spend the $100 the Cobra driver was basically giving him.

By scam, I mean hustle ha, yeah maybe the Cobra is a dyno sheet lover? Like I said not hating on thacker, just in my mind I think he could and should be racing faster cars.

Lankhoss
04-25-2009, 11:02 AM
By scam, I mean hustle ha, yeah maybe the Cobra is a dyno sheet lover? Like I said not hating on thacker, just in my mind I think he could and should be racing faster cars.

By your definition, Thacker because of his "driver mod" should not race any cars that are comparable to him and only race cars that are known to be faster at the track and or make tons more power than him and have better setups than him.

Am I reading this correctly?

On_Her_Face
04-25-2009, 11:12 AM
By your definition, Thacker because of his "driver mod" should not race any cars that are comparable to him and only race cars that are known to be faster at the track and or make tons more power than him and have better setups than him.

Am I reading this correctly?

No, it just seems to me that he can race faster people than he has been.

Lankhoss
04-25-2009, 11:14 AM
No, it just seems to me that he can race faster people than he has been.

Ok, once again. So instead of him racing cars that are only capable of .5 faster in the quarter he should race cars that are capable of a full second faster times in the quarter.

Ok. Understood captain!

I will relay the message!

On_Her_Face
04-25-2009, 11:18 AM
Ok, once again. So instead of him racing cars that are only capable of .5 faster in the quarter he should race cars that are capable of a full second faster times in the quarter.

Ok. Understood captain!

I will relay the message!

Yeah, I guess.. it makes sense in my mind, which is pretty twisted to begin with.

Lankhoss
04-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Another thing that I didn't really point out, is this same Mustang drug several similar-modded GTO's at our meets already.

I think Thacker will race Kyle on the spray, but right now he's not sure the system is at 100%. He just said give him a couple of weeks to make sure it's right, but offered to race on motor. I believe they make similar horsepower on motor?

Tech5
04-25-2009, 02:58 PM
NOT BAD!

MachNU
04-25-2009, 04:24 PM
LOL at thacker thinking he can outrun kyles new set-up! Also props to thacker then on the race that the guy just wanted to find out on. should be told first, after everyone knows his track record.

also LOFUCKINGL at thacker thinking his low 11 camaro is going to outrun kyle. he didnt have a chance in hell against kyles last set-up and that was slower than his new one!

Lankhoss
04-25-2009, 04:41 PM
LOL at thacker thinking he can outrun kyles new set-up! Also props to thacker then on the race that the guy just wanted to find out on. should be told first, after everyone knows his track record.

also LOFUCKINGL at thacker thinking his low 11 camaro is going to outrun kyle. he didnt have a chance in hell against kyles last set-up and that was slower than his new one!

Kyles last setup went 10.2-10.3 @ 131 mph.

Kyles new setup went 6.50's the other night at the track which equates to 10.1 - 10.2 and he went back to the six speed and no longer has the turbo350 that was in the car before.

Thackers car went 11.4 @ 120 on motor with 100lbs more and with all stock shocks and springs.

Thacker is now on drag suspension, is dyno tuned and is spraying a 175 - 200 shot ontop of the motor.

If he runs low 11's on motor... do the math.

^ "quoted from Thacker"

MachNU
04-25-2009, 05:17 PM

Kyles new setup went 6.50's the other night at the track which equates to 10.1 - 10.2 and he went back to the six speed and no longer has the turbo350 that was in the car before.

Thackers car went 11.4 @ 120 on motor with 100lbs more and with all stock shocks and springs.

Thacker is now on drag suspension, is dyno tuned and is spraying a 175 - 200 shot ontop of the motor.

^ "quoted from Thacker"

LOL do you think kyle ever shows anyone that wants to run him his real time? ;) :goodjob:

DirtyMechanic
04-25-2009, 06:25 PM
LOL do you think kyle ever shows anyone that wants to run him his real time? ;) :goodjob:jesus holds all the secrets:ninja:

MachNU
04-25-2009, 06:36 PM
jesus holds all the secrets:ninja:

that he does!

SmackedInATL
04-25-2009, 07:03 PM
that he does!

What is done to the Mach now with those new numbers?

MachNU
04-25-2009, 09:21 PM
What is done to the Mach now with those new numbers?

lt's and built short block!

collins
04-26-2009, 10:46 PM
Thacker came in, proved what a difference a driver mod can make from a dig and even from a roll race and still to this day people compare dyno numbers like they are a reputable source of information in a street race. As I have proven with my car dyno numbers mean jack in the big scheme of things and should only be used to compare the persons own car for tuning and performance gains.

i do agree with this part... its teh only conclusion i can come to about why i hung so close with those vettes last night... same with that cammed ls1 camaro.

METALBEAST
04-27-2009, 06:57 PM

^ "quoted from Thacker"

I saw Kyle run Saturday with my own eyes at SDR during the MCE Spring Weekend Bash. DA was 2600'. Even with a few issues Kyle needs to work out, lets just say, Thacker is fucked if he tries to run him which I seriously doubt will ever happen.

Hunter02SS
04-27-2009, 08:25 PM
Kyle's new setup is obviously working well, even with the 6 speed! Thacker may need to step it up on the driver mod, because kyle has the driver mod in tact!

DirtyMechanic
04-28-2009, 12:42 AM
Kyle's new setup is obviously working well, even with the 6 speed! Thacker may need to step it up on the driver mod, because kyle has the driver mod in tact!yes kyle does have a strong driver mod.

Terror
04-28-2009, 12:46 AM
Haha, man.. that race was borderline unfair, that GTO makes like, 70 more whp than the stang.

IndianStig
04-28-2009, 01:10 AM
jesus holds all the secrets:ninja:
so fill us in man... lol

DirtyMechanic
04-28-2009, 01:22 AM
so fill us in man... lol:thinking: are you stupid...? wait dont answer that. there is a reason people tell me ":ninja: things:ninja: ".... i dont tell anyone else:lmfao:

ILOVEKIDDRACING
04-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Thacker runs this shit. Don't you ever forget.