PDA

View Full Version : Killer Plea Agreement....

Cliff
03-23-2005, 08:15 PM
I wanna know what some of you would do...

So this kid and his friends are drunk and speeding down the road at night...my great uncle is on his way home from South Carolina where he was on business.....the kids run across the center line and hit his car sending his car flipping rolling and crashing into a tree which causes his seatbelt to decapitate him....he was the superintendent for the school system,principal at one point, a dad, a granddad and has done milllllllllllllions of things for the Washington County school system....well in a few weeks they are starting a scholarship in his memory for the students of the school where he was principal....well the kid that killed him entered a plea agreement to lesson his sentence...part of his agreement was to speak at a middle school and a high school in washington county about drunk driving...worst part is not only did EVERY faculty member at both schools know my great uncle but some of the students are related to him and alot of the students knew him.....

I am thinking about driving down there for the day just to be there to stand in the back of the room and listen to this kid talk about how he felt it was more important to drive home drunk than just have someone else take them home...

what do ya'll think

The Ren
03-23-2005, 08:17 PM
I would go.. but then again id probably wanna ring his neck to.. so im torn

Leisa
03-23-2005, 08:17 PM
hell yeah,.. I would do that too

A.P. Photography
03-23-2005, 08:19 PM
This is a touch situation that you cannot have anyone online tell you what to do. You are going to a place where you will be face to face with the person responsible for taking your grandfathers life, is that an emotion you can deal with? Can you deal with the feelings when you hear him talk? These are the questions you need to ask yourself, not what do we think.

Cliff
03-23-2005, 08:20 PM
i haven't talked to the rest of the family but i have a feeling there will be a good number of us hanging out in the room....the guys grandson will be there with his classmates having to listen to this douchebag talk

Cliff
03-23-2005, 08:22 PM
great uncle....not grandfather....if it was grandfather i wouldn't go because i know good and well i would personally try to kill the guy....but i just wanna see if anyone else would feel the need to go hear this kid try to explain his actions....now my cousin i have a feeling will not be able to stay through the whole thing....

ProjectWidow
03-23-2005, 08:24 PM
i would defiently drive down and hear what he has to say. we had a speaker come to my school because he killed a family i believe because he was driving drunk. he has like 20 or so years in prison now and what he does is he goes to schools to tell the students about drunk driving. the point doesnt get any clearer than seeing a man in handcuffs around his arms and legs telling a story about drunk driving. too bad i didnt see it, but i heard a few people that have and said that is was pretty shocking and sad.

Cliff
03-23-2005, 08:26 PM
the whole situation has completely changed my feelings about drunk driving.....

A.P. Photography
03-23-2005, 08:27 PM
Oh sorry, then yeah I would go down and see what he has to say.

babygurl
03-24-2005, 08:52 PM
well i can tell you this, i would be there as well....i have had 3 friends die from being hit by drunk drivers, as well as a best friend injuyed very badly, and almost die.....my brother has brain damage from a dui (his fault) and it would take a lot from me to hold back to not kill the fucker

chrisdavis
03-25-2005, 02:12 PM
Castration via clawhammer

JagerGirl
04-12-2005, 03:50 PM
I've had a similiar situation with a couple of my best friends (minus the alcohol)

There is a road that runs through Gainesville, Hwy. 60, all the way to Dahlonega... anyway, I had 3 guy friends (Jimmy-driver, Eric-Passenger in the front, and Ryan-backseat passenger) driving home late night... Anyway, Jimmy was doing around 100 mph in an older model honda accord... He lost control of the car, it went off an embankment and dropped off about 50 feet. While the car was flipping and turning, Eric, who has never worn a seatbelt a day in his life, flew out of the sunroof and smashed into a tree... Jimmy was wearing a seatbelt, but the impact of the car falling 50 feet and landing nose first into the ground put Jimmy through the windshield with 2 punctured lungs and broken bones all over, and Ryan with his head through the back glass and turned backwards... Ryan's neck snapped and he died instantly. Eric survived only with minor fractures and internal bleeding (If he hadn't flew out of the sunroof, he would be dead also b/c his side of the car was smashed in.) Jimmy, the driver, and Eric survived, however Ryan died. Ryan's funeral was closed casket. Jimmy and Eric both recovered and are doing great now, however Jimmy just received his sentence. Ryan's mother sued Jimmy to cover everything she spent on his funeral and to pocket money. In order for Jimmy to pay that off, he now is working for the government without pay. He is also a mentor for younger children and goes around to high schools in Georgia to lecture about irresponsible driving.. I think he definately regrets killing his best friend, but now he has to think about it constantly which in turn will make him an even greater person!

I think you should go see what he has to say, and listen with an open heart, because, Cliff, that could have been you driving that boys car...