PDA

View Full Version : adjustible cam gear question

LongLiveH2b
04-23-2009, 04:21 PM
one of my friends car is not starting, the starter does turn over the motor so 1. has fuel 2. has spark so 3. should be compression than bam fire up but NO, the intake cam is advanced and the exhaust cam gear is also advanced, i always thought that intake should be retarded and the exhaust cam should be advanced, not both being advanced..and does this make the car harder to start cuz both cams are advanced?..oh and if you push start it will start:eek: i was thinkin maybe the starter is not turning the motor at the enough right RPM's to fire up...lmk what your brain is thinkin

punkr6
04-23-2009, 05:03 PM
was the car running before advancing the cam gears ?

Its ok to advance both gears and its what a lot of people do. but you don't wanna over do it. Dyno tunning is the key here.

If you can push it and it cranks, its not the cam gears. Unless you have the timming off by a tooth.

How does it run once its crunk ?

scttydb411
04-23-2009, 09:00 PM
depending on what cams they are, they could be best both advanced...one usually 1-2 degree less than the other. usually needs to be tuned for them.

LongLiveH2b
04-23-2009, 10:24 PM
runs fine when crunked..lol someone told me it could be the FPR fuckin up and the car was dyno tuned and cam gear adjusted at mainstream, they are PRO1's in a b16 was running fine before the distributor and fuel pump went out and the fuel pump was replaced but now if he has less than a 1/2 tank than its empty due to the fuel pump being too high and needs to be dropped lower??, the dizzy was replaced with a OBD2 LS dizzy on the b16 maybe that has something to do with it, ioono most ppl say its the same but :thinking:

was the car running before advancing the cam gears ?

Its ok to advance both gears and its what a lot of people do. but you don't wanna over do it. Dyno tunning is the key here.

If you can push it and it cranks, its not the cam gears. Unless you have the timming off by a tooth.

How does it run once its crunk ?

punkr6
04-25-2009, 09:43 PM
fix the fuel pump first and go from there, the LS dizzy will work fine as long as its a good one. The only difference is the housing..