PDA

View Full Version : hacking/job opportunity

guinness
04-22-2009, 05:44 PM
just a quick question for this forum's page.how many people are hackers,crackers(no joke intended here),or are just curious how to hack or crack a sysem,password,databases,servers,accounts,e-mails,or whatever?

the reason i was asking was because the pentagon has had their database hacked,yet once again,in the past two weeks.this time,the person or people stole over 7TB of information that pertained to the air force's newest and highest price fighter jet.they did all this without leaving a single digital trail or footprint.it apparently has made the government so mad that they are opening up opporunities to the general public,mainly hackers and/or crackers,for the NSA.i myself had been contacted and asked if i was intrested.i chose not to because i have just recently had a new baby girl and didn't want to be away from her and my wife for an extended period of time.this will only be cintracted work for a period of time unless you could prove your worth and value to the NSA council.

just a thought to roll around in your head if you have the skills and/or knowledge to do this kind of stuff.the pay is good.....real good,and the benefits you CAN'T beat.

matthewAPM
04-22-2009, 05:45 PM
matthewAPM checking in

guinness
04-22-2009, 05:48 PM
checking in to want to know more about it or just curious,lol?

matthewAPM
04-22-2009, 05:50 PM
PM me with a little more info.

Paul
04-22-2009, 05:54 PM
i'm just wondering how someone can hack in and steal 7 TB? do you know how much data transfer that is? what the fuck do they not monitor bandwidth?

guinness
04-22-2009, 06:02 PM
bandwidth is one one way of monitoring,but in a place of that network size and structure,it would be hard to say that they are actively being hacked.besides,no one said that the data stolen was at one time and then tere is also the fact that all this data i'm sure was broken down into small packets across the network that were not all stored on the same server or database.less data on one source allows for faster and easier networking between them and the rest of the world.just imagine how much traffic is raveled along their network a minute.aside from that,there is also wireless which is even harder rto track because the DNS is always changing whenever the connection is closed and then reopened.there's all kind of holes and that is why the goernment is making this offer to the public.

matthewAPM
04-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Do they have any idea on the time or day that this was started or how long it took for this to happen?

Im sure it was not all taken at once. Im sure they would not go unnoticed doing a single download of everything.

guinness
04-22-2009, 06:12 PM
no,no time line of the "attack" was reported.my guess is that this was over several weeks in order to gather much data.even on my personal T4 line thati own,it would take a good amount of time to do something like that....a good amount.

matthewAPM
04-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Thats what im saying. With the amount taken, they would have been noticed before it was finished.

guinness
04-22-2009, 06:23 PM
one would think so,but there are several ways to scramble a transmission,signal,process,and so many other things to cover the traffic.the one(s) that did this are definately good,i will give them that,lol!!

NewGen33
04-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Ya I can't believe they let this happen. You would think with all the brilliant minds there would be someone smart enough to detect something was wrong sooner than it took. They didn't get any info on the operating system or stealth technology only because it wasn't connected to the internet. Which is how all the information should of been stored. I think this is just the beginning of cyber warfare.

matthewAPM
04-22-2009, 06:34 PM
^ this guy makes me lol

guinness
04-22-2009, 06:42 PM
lol.the reason more sensitive information was not compromised was because it was part of the network and was kept on a seperate system that was not networked.HOWEVER,there is a way to get that information off those machines as well,but i will leave that one alone,lol!!

NewGen33
04-22-2009, 06:42 PM
LOL Well I'm not really that comp knowledgeable as you guys but just ranting

matthewAPM
04-22-2009, 06:50 PM
lol.the reason more sensitive information was not compromised was because it was part of the network and was kept on a seperate system that was not networked.HOWEVER,there is a way to get that information off those machines as well,but i will leave that one alone,lol!!

lol. "IA-how to hack 101"

LOL Well I'm not really that comp knowledgeable as you guys but just ranting

lol im just giving you a hard time.

NewGen33
04-22-2009, 07:07 PM
lol.
lol im just giving you a hard time.
It's all good man :goodjob:

uproot
04-22-2009, 07:13 PM
If there was no trail or footprint, how do they know it happened?

guinness
04-22-2009, 07:23 PM
If there was no trail or footprint, how do they know it happened?

the same way that kapernsky,the anti-virus program company,knew they had been internally compromised...someone bragged about it somewhere or they saw the huge change in bandwidth traffic and assumed it had happened.just because there is no footprint or trail,doesn't mean nothing happened.

with kapernsky,they got a message saying that they were going to have their servers attacked,and then the attacked happened.problem was that the people from romania wo did it weren't very good because they weren't able to take or steal any important information from the servers.it was a simple SQL-injection on their servers.i don't even know why anyone uses SQL-servers anymore.they are so easily compromised.

green91
04-22-2009, 08:06 PM
They pretty openly admitted it was lamer level trojans spread by the chinese via email that allowed these systems to be compromised.

Its stupid to me that this is even happening. Any systems containing confidential information should be on a closed circuit network.

uproot
04-22-2009, 08:17 PM
the same way that kapernsky,the anti-virus program company,knew they had been internally compromised...someone bragged about it somewhere or they saw the huge change in bandwidth traffic and assumed it had happened.just because there is no footprint or trail,doesn't mean nothing happened.

It also can mean that nothing happened.

So all of this is based on assumptions?

You know what they say about people who assume...

Change in bandwidth? It was probably just some dude downloading Wolverine.

green91
04-22-2009, 08:54 PM
go gettem guy

Paul
04-23-2009, 08:11 AM
They pretty openly admitted it was lamer level trojans spread by the chinese via email that allowed these systems to be compromised.

Its stupid to me that this is even happening. Any systems containing confidential information should be on a closed circuit network.

i know this just sounds awful bizarre case b/c a good friend of mine was in charge of the Star Wars project facility in Japan - the infrastructure there seems light years ahead from what he is describing and it was a small facility.

guinness
04-23-2009, 08:45 AM

trojans?that would be like someone sending an email that contained a keylogger or curtain(background) and then accessing it through remote desktop or HyperTerminal or Minicom or TeraTerm.that's how most programs get unlocked or compromised is by a trojan.maybe that's how it happened,but i doubt it was that simple and them to not have seen that that was the way,lol.

green91
04-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Yes im fully aware of what a trojan is and how they work. The conficker worm works in a similiar fashion and until recently wasn't detected by most antivirus or spyware programs even though its been around for quite some time. If you were to program your own trojan or worm, they are almost impossible to detect until they are known about and virus definitions can spot them.

One_Bad_SHO
04-23-2009, 11:36 AM
go gettem guy

I'm not your guy, friend!

green91
04-23-2009, 12:12 PM
:???:

Paul
04-23-2009, 02:00 PM

lol i'm not your friend, guy!

http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/863/863565/southpark-1204Canada-on-Strike_1207080373.jpg

One_Bad_SHO
04-23-2009, 02:22 PM
lol i'm not your friend, guy!

http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/863/863565/southpark-1204Canada-on-Strike_1207080373.jpg

lol best episode ever

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
04-23-2009, 02:30 PM
This just sounds like another Die Hard movie waiting to happen.

SL65AMG
04-24-2009, 09:24 AM
i'm just wondering how someone can hack in and steal 7 TB? do you know how much data transfer that is? what the fuck do they not monitor bandwidth?

in the pentagon 7TB aint shit

uproot
04-24-2009, 09:27 AM

......................LOL

guinness
04-24-2009, 10:12 AM

LMFAO!!!!