PDA

View Full Version : 95 cabrio problem...

gump1114
04-22-2009, 07:01 AM
so it's not my car so i dont know a whole lot about it, but i am driving it right now while i build the motor in my car.

so here's the problem. i was on my way home from work one morning and it had been raining really hard all night. i made it all the way to my street and the car shut off. it wouldnt start back up. now i know i hit some big water puddles so it could be an issue with that.

i pulled the maf off and cleaned it. it still wouldnt start. i let the car sit for about 8 hours and tried again. it started, but has a CEL. The car idles like it has a massive cam in it. the CEL would come on only when the car was below 2k rpms and would turn off if i reved it over 3800 rpms.

i pulled the TPS off and cleaned it, and replaced the cap and rotor. The car still idles really bad, and now gets the CEL right away when the car is started. It does however run better, but has a noticable surge below 2k rpms. and will randomly turn off while slowing down (clutch in, or in neutrul). i can pop the clutch and it'll always start right back up.

95 cabrio
5 speed
160k miles
mods: Intake, Exhaust, lowered...

any suggestions?

Paul
04-22-2009, 02:18 PM
i would of said maf, but if you are close to marietta swing by eurotech brian will scan it for free