PDA

View Full Version : Misc Should same sex marriage be legalized?

RL...
04-21-2009, 10:46 PM
I think it should not be.

But the real question underlying this one is whether homosexuality is ok or not.

I think lesbians are acceptable, but gay men aren't. That might seem as a double standard, but the way women and men interact and socialize with each other are different on many levels. Or maybe I'm just biased because I like girls and don't understand how or why a guy couldn't find one attractive/desireable/fuckable.

Homosexuality is becoming more and more socially acceptable and 4 states have now legalized same sex marriage.

I don't want my son growing up watching tv and seeing two guys kissing. He might then want to experiment thinking that's natural and ok. Like I said, if gay ppl want to be together then do it behind closed doors...or atleast be sutble about it

EJ25RUN
04-21-2009, 10:48 PM
So i guess you too saw the pageant girl read off a card?

81911SC
04-21-2009, 10:48 PM
I'm not saying if I support it or not but who are you to tell others how to live their lives?

Vteckidd
04-21-2009, 10:52 PM
No it should not be legalized cause if it is it opens the door to way more other things.

I could care less of homosexxuality is "right" or "wrong". The moral side doesnt concern me, its more of the legal side.

I mean, the mainstream hardcore section of this country which is the MAJORITY, is straight, man and woman marriage. That is the view of this country. We should not pander to a small population who thinks they should be the normality.

If gays want to get state married, so be it, im not against them being married. What i am against, is them wanting the SAME protections, benefits of a normal married couple.

Im also not in favor of gays adopting kids either. I still think it is not the NORMAL situation and subjecting or raising a child to believe that it is normal, is wrong. Society determines what is moral or normal, and so far, it isnt gay marriage .

They chose that lifestyle, they should deal with the consequences which is not having the same perks as a normal married couple. Its kinda like a nun to me, she chose a life of celibacy, no one made her do it.

I think homosexuality is a choice, not genetic.

Scotsman
04-21-2009, 10:56 PM
No it should not be legalized cause if it is it opens the door to way more other things.

I could care less of homosexxuality is "right" or "wrong". The moral side doesnt concern me, its more of the legal side.

I mean, the mainstream hardcore section of this country which is the MAJORITY, is straight, man and woman marriage. That is the view of this country. We should not pander to a small population who thinks they should be the normality.

If gays want to get state married, so be it, im not against them being married. What i am against, is them wanting the SAME protections, benefits of a normal married couple.

Im also not in favor of gays adopting kids either. I still think it is not the NORMAL situation and subjecting or raising a child to believe that it is normal, is wrong. Society determines what is moral or normal, and so far, it isnt gay marriage .

They chose that lifestyle, they should deal with the consequences which is not having the same perks as a normal married couple. Its kinda like a nun to me, she chose a life of celibacy, no one made her do it.

I think homosexuality is a choice, not genetic.http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d103/dani_til_the_end/willyoumarryme2.jpg

redrumracer
04-21-2009, 11:03 PM
no

redrumracer
04-21-2009, 11:04 PM
oh and i agree with mike.

AirMax95
04-21-2009, 11:15 PM
I agree with Mike here also.

patrick4588
04-22-2009, 01:21 AM
ditto.

bafbrian
04-22-2009, 01:24 AM
Legalize it.

If you are curious why, go read the 14th Amendment, Section 1.

If your argument is that gay marriage is not what that amendment is meant for, it is all about interpretation just as with any other law, statue, ordinance, and so forth.

RL...
04-22-2009, 01:40 AM
I'm not saying if I support it or not but who are you to tell others how to live their lives?

I'm not trying to tell anyone how to live their lives, I'm just voicing my opinion on an online forum because I have nothing better to do, which is why I think we all browse this forum as much as we do. I am not starting a movement or rallying against this, I just made a thread. Plz stop taking this forum stuff too seriously.

RL...
04-22-2009, 01:41 AM

I think homosexuality is a choice, not genetic .

You make some good points :goodjob:

81911SC
04-22-2009, 01:45 AM
I'm not trying to tell anyone how to live their lives, I'm just voicing my opinion on an online forum because I have nothing better to do, which is why I think we all browse this forum as much as we do. I am not starting a movement or rallying against this, I just made a thread. Plz stop taking this forum stuff too seriously.I'm not taking anything serious. This is what I'm talking about.

Like I said, if gay ppl want to be together then do it behind closed doors...or atleast be sutble about it

Vteckidd
04-22-2009, 01:52 AM
Legalize it.

If you are curious why, go read the 14th Amendment, Section 1.

If your argument is that gay marriage is not what that amendment is meant for, it is all about interpretation just as with any other law, statue, ordinance, and so forth.
unfortunetly its not that simple a process.

If its made legal, that opens issues up that we cant possibly deal with right now.

If Gay marriage is allowed, then what about transgender trans-sexuals, post op, pre-op, animals, lol etc

I mean pretty much you legalize Gay Marriage , that will open the flood gates to all other sorts of marriage and legal stuff .

Like i said, they can be married all they want at the state level, but i dont think they should be afforded the same rights and privledges as others. Human rights, YES, marital rights, NO.

Giving them the same rights as normal married couples, well thats like giving illegal aliens welfare checks or free healthcare.

The real problem behind gay marriage is they want a man and a man or a women and a women to be able to be covered under medical care, insurance, and other liabilities. They want the same tax breaks regular married couples get. They want to be able to adopt a child and get the same tax breaks.

I dont agree with the gay lifestyle, but im not saying they should all die or burn or anything. I just think they need to realize, they are a MINORITY and they must understand that majority rules.

Its like affirmative action, why should we promote a black or latino because there is less of them? i believe in best person for the job, REGARDLESS of color.

TIGERJC
04-22-2009, 02:25 AM
I see no problem with allowing gays to get marry. Do I agree with thier choice? no, but I do agree they should be happy and have the same rights as me and others in this country. I understand the legality problems that may arise. but so what, there will always be some people out thier that will always try to take advantage of the system no matter what (ex. taxes,welfare)

On one side I am against homosexuals adopting, but on the other side I feel a child deserves to be loved and I rather that child grow up with loving parents no matter what that parent's sexual preferrence is. With people going overseas to adopt or doing the test tube, I feel homossexuals should be allowed to adopt even though I don't agree with it.

BanginJimmy
04-22-2009, 02:57 AM
gay marriage does not affect me or anyone that has posted in any negative or positive way at all. Insurance? No difference in my daily life. Taxes? No difference in my daily life. Traffic? No difference in my daily life. If 2 consenting adults want to get married, go for it.

I do understand the reservations against adopting though. I do not believe that a homosexual household is an environment that assures a proper upbringing. There are far too many studies that show that as unstable as a average heterosexual household it, homosexual ones are even less stable.

Bruce Leroy
04-22-2009, 06:35 AM
If gay people want to get married, then let them. At the end of the day, it does not bother me.

If Gay marriage is allowed, then what about transgender trans-sexuals, post op, pre-op, animals, lol etc

:thinking: :thinking:

Someone can already legally change their birth certificate after they get surgery.

The real problem behind gay marriage is they want a man and a man or a women and a women to be able to be covered under medical care, insurance, and other liabilities. They want the same tax breaks regular married couples get. They want to be able to adopt a child and get the same tax breaks.

And the problem is?? They are people just like you and me. And they are in REAL relationships that have problems, just like regular married people. Let them have the tax break.

And as far as adoption... Ideally a kid should be in a heterosexual home, but there are WAY to many kids that need permanent homes to be picky about it. Would you rather a child like in a foster home or orphanage, Or have a home?

dartingd
04-22-2009, 06:46 AM
On a religious side, I will never be for homosexuality. It seems that as a chirstian, I'm becoming the minority in this nation now, though.

punkr6
04-22-2009, 06:58 AM
On a religious side, I will never be for homosexuality. It seems that as a chirstian, I'm becoming the minority in this nation now, though.

X2

thepolecat
04-22-2009, 07:08 AM
let them get married- many of the ones who are "partners" have been together longer than the married couples in this counrty.
as for it being a choice- in some cases maybe for the shock value, but the majority of gay people it is natural.
No one had to tell me I like the muff- I just knew ( and from an early age!) same with gay people- they are just attracted to the same sex- they dont know why just as you dont know why you spend 75% in the red like district staring at roast beef.

But as for adoption- I dont know- there are alot of good parents, but i think it would confuse the kid too much.

thepolecat
04-22-2009, 07:10 AM
and as for religion I am supposed to tell them they are burning in hell even though it was a common thing in the day to "lay with boy in bed"

and i am reallly becoming a minority as a prodestant, educated, land owning, white male---- I am the root of all eveil in the world according to many. of well.

mocha latte cupcake
04-22-2009, 07:50 AM
agreed on the religion part. i do not accept it, i don't understand it, but i'm not outwardly angered by it or someone to get crazy about it.

we have a small homosexual population down here (and even more tourists) and the thing that i've noticed is that most homosexual men enjoy putting their "gayness" out in the open where are lesbians are discrete and do not make a huge fuss about it. however, do it behind closed doors people. people in general get disgusted when a man and woman get "frisky" in public, its even twice as vulgar when a homosexual couple does it.

i might become the minority but that doesn't bother me, and homosexuality IS a choice. guys were raised to like women and women were raised to like men (as the majority of the population goes) we have 2 members in our church right now that were homosexuals, they realize it was a choice and 1 has gone since to have a family with his wife and a loving household. and the other is doing well on his own. 1 grew up in a chrisitan household and the other did not. the mental instability and "i don't have a choice" mentality is old news, thats like saying the voices in my head told me to kill someone, @ the end of the day you had a choice. people are quick to use "its my nature" to do things when it isn't main stream.

i don't hate them, i truly don't, i simply get tired of seeing is flaunted in my face on television, public, and hearing them cry about not being treated equally. and as for adoption i do not agree with it @ all. Children should not be exposed to homosexuality in any way shape or form. Are there plenty of children who need homes... yes. Is there a guarantee that they will be loved even when they are adopted...possibly. however i've known plenty of children who lived in foster homes and have no issues in life what so ever. a family down here fostered and eventually adopted a total of 15 babies over a 25 year course. (as they couldn't have children of their own) and not one of them isn't loved.

BobbyFresco
04-22-2009, 08:00 AM

My ni g g u h!

I agree on every single point made.

cjhutch
04-22-2009, 09:11 AM
I could care less either way, but if they want to legalize it I see no reason why not. As far as the argument that they are the minority and we would be "pandering" to them by legalizing it, I can only say that there are tons of laws out there already that are catered or geared toward a minority of the population. As far as raising kids in a same sex household I see no problem with that either. In a way it has become normal now for kids to be raised by a single parent and the majority of the time that's by a woman. So does that mean a male child being raised solely by his mother is going to develop female traits because that's all he sees? A good parent is just that, and if that means two guys or two women raising a healthy child and providing them with the necessities to live a productive life I am all for it.

I would also like to ask of anyone who is opposed to a child being raised by two people of the same sex this question. If a woman or a man has a child and then later on in the relationship becomes homosexual and they move in their girlfriend or boyfriend should the child be taken from the home even if they are a good parent?

bafbrian
04-22-2009, 09:52 AM
unfortunetly its not that simple a process.

If its made legal, that opens issues up that we cant possibly deal with right now.

I mean pretty much you legalize Gay Marriage , that will open the flood gates to all other sorts of marriage and legal stuff .

Like i said, they can be married all they want at the state level, but i dont think they should be afforded the same rights and privledges as others. Human rights, YES, marital rights, NO.

Giving them the same rights as normal married couples, well thats like giving illegal aliens welfare checks or free healthcare.

I dont agree with the gay lifestyle, but im not saying they should all die or burn or anything. I just think they need to realize, they are a MINORITY and they must understand that majority rules.

Its like affirmative action, why should we promote a black or latino because there is less of them? i believe in best person for the job, REGARDLESS of color.

That is same argument you always hear. That is like a married couple saying their marriage will be ruined if gay marriage is legalized. Let me say this, if that marriage would be ruined by gay marriage, they have some serious problems with their relationship.

To be honest, it is that simple. Like I said, look at the 14th Amendment. As far as I am concerned, as long as they are a citizen of the United States, they should be granted equal protection and equal rights under the law. This whole idea of marriage only being between a man and a woman is a religious connotation. We have "open our eyes" and take in reality. This is the point in our history when we have to be open to new ideas and concepts because no country will remain static in its existence, it will always have a dynamic society.

Vteckidd
04-22-2009, 09:54 AM
well what i mean is its not that simple for SOCIETY to make that simple a distinction. I think yuo would agree with that.

I dont see it happening anytime in our lifetime.

bafbrian
04-22-2009, 09:56 AM
well what i mean is its not that simple for SOCIETY to make that simple a distinction. I think yuo would agree with that.

I dont see it happening anytime in our lifetime.

I could agree with that. It does society quite some time to realize what is happening.

This issue is like many before it, all it is going to take is for a large enough group to wield power and I can promise you that the law will change. I could see it happening in my lifetime, since I am little bit behind you years Mike.

Ran
04-22-2009, 10:14 AM
We have "open our eyes" and take in reality. This is the point in our history when we have to be open to new ideas and concepts because no country will remain static in its existence, it will always have a dynamic society.New Ideas != Good Ideas

Paul
04-22-2009, 11:07 AM
It should be legalized b/c there isn't anything wrong w/ it. I have a few friends that are gay some have even adopted kids. They are far better people than the run of the mill straight person. Most of the gays I know are successful at their careers, are highly intelligent, hilarious, and genuinely nice people.

Morly - specially Christian Morals should have no bearing on US law. Not only is this point of view closed minded and judgmental it is the exact opposite of what being Christian is about. Separation of Church and State and we should keep it that way.

As far as benefits, I agree with gay marriage and I think they should be extended benefits like all other humans in the US. This goes far beyond health benefits but legal practices such as assets/property, etc after one dies should be made available.

Denying people basic rights is just dumb there are far better things to be worrying about.

Vteckidd
04-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Morly - specially Christian Morals should have no bearing on US law. Not only is this point of view closed minded and judgmental it is the exact opposite of what being Christian is about. Separation of Church and State and we should keep it that way.

Im am not religious at all, but would you agree that the vast majority of this nation, along with our founding fathers, are of christian faith?

There is separation of church and state, to some degree. But there are influences of the church in our laws, obvioulsy.

DO you think ONE NATION UNDER GOD should be taken out?

01CDMLUDER
04-22-2009, 12:19 PM
This thread is gay!

I agree with VtecKidd.
I don't care what they do. If they want 2 be miserable like half of the married ppl then go right ahead.

I think they just want to get married so they can plan weddings

Paul
04-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Im am not religious at all, but would you agree that the vast majority of this nation, along with our founding fathers, are of christian faith?

There is separation of church and state, to some degree. But there are influences of the church in our laws, obviously.

DO you think ONE NATION UNDER GOD should be taken out?

Most certainly yes it should be taken out... 1) b/c it was never there originally 2) b/c it shouldn't be there (this includes in GOD we trust)

RL...
04-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Church and state should def be 100% seperate, but it will never heppen.

I don't think gay ppl should be denied BASIC human rights, but they should be denied things like marriage and the benefits of it. Paul spoke of gay ppl he knew as successful, smart, etc. The gay ppl I've known have been manipulative, lude, disgusting, vulgar, and excessively flaunting being gay. I've known this one a guy a while ago who was gay and took advantage of my friend when he was passed out drunk. Now thje actions of a few don't set the standard for the whole, but when I'm drinking with my boys I don't want to even think of things like that being a posibility.

Gay men will also act extremely disgusting in public. I know straight men might hit on girls occassionally in a disrepectfuly way, but I've been hit on a few times by gay men and it was ridicuous. If they said hey wanna go out sometime I would say no I'm not gay and go about my day but they said some fucked up disgusting shit that would make anyone here uncomfortable.

I think that if this was legalized it WOULD open the door to other things such as transgenders etc...I mean come one, being gay is a choice. You choose to be straight and normal or you choose to be homo. the same with trans ppl, which is 100% disgusting. I think if someone is that confused as to who/what they are then they should be erased from society because they are obviously confused/disturbed ppl and prob won't contribute to society positively.

_Christian_
04-22-2009, 07:30 PM
I think that if this was legalized it WOULD open the door to other things such as transgenders etc...
:thinking: LOL WUT?

I disagree with those who choose to live a gay lifestyle, but as tax paying Americans I think they should be afforded the tax breaks associated with an opposite (lol) marriage.

Bruce Leroy
04-22-2009, 07:37 PM

I don't think gay ppl should be denied BASIC human rights, but they should be denied things like marriage and the benefits of it. Paul spoke of gay ppl he knew as successful, smart, etc. The gay ppl I've known have been manipulative, lude, disgusting, vulgar, and excessively flaunting being gay. I've known this one a guy a while ago who was gay and took advantage of my friend when he was passed out drunk. Now thje actions of a few don't set the standard for the whole, but when I'm drinking with my boys I don't want to even think of things like that being a posibility.

Gay men will also act extremely disgusting in public. I know straight men might hit on girls occassionally in a disrepectfuly way, but I've been hit on a few times by gay men and it was ridicuous. If they said hey wanna go out sometime I would say no I'm not gay and go about my day but they said some fucked up disgusting shit that would make anyone here uncomfortable.

Straight people do the same thing... Why do you think women get raped all the time??? Shit, even dudes get raped by women. People in general are fucked up.

I think that if this was legalized it WOULD open the door to other things such as transgenders etc...I mean come one, being gay is a choice. You choose to be straight and normal or you choose to be homo. the same with trans ppl, which is 100% disgusting. I think if someone is that confused as to who/what they are then they should be erased from society because they are obviously confused/disturbed ppl and prob won't contribute to society positively.

And i don't know where u been, but trannys are everywhere... At least in alpharetta. They have more rights that gays.

RL...
04-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Straight people do the same thing... Why do you think women get raped all the time??? Shit, even dudes get raped by women. People in general are fucked up.

And i don't know where u been, but trannys are everywhere... At least in alpharetta. They have more rights that gays.

1) ppl in general are fucked up, especially gay men, now gay girls is ok. They are discreet about their homosexuality and women are beautiful. Might be a double standard but life is built on double standards and life is not fair so get over it.

2) Trannys are everywhere!? WTF! I used to live in alpahretta and have never seen one. I now live in buford and the only places I've seen one is downtown atl @ the masquerade. I promptly left.

Jimmy B
04-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Marrage is a man, and woman,..

adam and eve, not adam and adam...

BURRITO_mike
04-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Homosexuality is becoming more and more socially acceptable and 4 states have now legalized same sex marriage.

I don't want my son growing up watching tv and seeing two guys kissing. He might then want to experiment thinking that's natural and ok. Like I said, if gay ppl want to be together then do it behind closed doors...or atleast be sutble about it

im with you def dont want my kids, boy or girl, thinking its okay, major no no...

quickdodgeŽ
04-22-2009, 09:07 PM
There is nothing wrong with gay folks. There is nothing wrong with gay folks having a legal marriage. There is nothing wrong with gay couples having the same benefits that straight couples are offered. The only people that hate gays, that think it's disgusting, that demoralizes gay people are the ones that are afraid or not in the know. They're afraid to know. They're afraid that their reservations will be shown wrong. They're afraid that they might actually like the company of a gay person.

The idiot above me posted that she's only known "manipulative, lude, disgusting, vulgar, and excessively flaunting" gay people. Does that mean you've never met a lewd (correct spelling by the way) straight person? You've never met a disgusting or vulgar straight person? You've never met a straight person who flaunts himself? You're just letting your closed-mindedness get the better of you.

Mike, come on, dude. We don't know for certain, but I agree with you in that homosexuality is probably choice and not genetic, but to deny a person a chance at as healthy a life as they can have because of their choices isn't right. Or humane. Now I think they should be offered the same benefits that a straight married couple gets only in the instance that gay marriage is legal. Gay couples who refer to themselves as partners or life partners shouldn't be afforded matrimonial benefits. They should each get their own separate, personal policies. Smoking and drinking are bad choices. Unhealthy choices. A person is deliberately punishing his/her body, yet he/she is allowed to have health insurance. Even if that person is married. So why not gay people, even if someone thinks it's a bad choice?

Later, QD.

RL...
04-22-2009, 09:16 PM
There is nothing wrong with gay folks. There is nothing wrong with gay folks having a legal marriage. There is nothing wrong with gay couples having the same benefits that straight couples are offered. The only people that hate gays, that think it's disgusting, that demoralizes gay people are the ones that are afraid or not in the know. They're afraid to know. They're afraid that their reservations will be shown wrong. They're afraid that they might actually like the company of a gay person.

The idiot above me posted that she's only known "manipulative, lude, disgusting, vulgar, and excessively flaunting" gay people. Does that mean you've never met a lewd (correct spelling by the way) straight person? You've never met a disgusting or vulgar straight person? You've never met a straight person who flaunts himself? You're just letting your closed-mindedness get the better of you.

Mike, come on, dude. We don't know for certain, but I agree with you in that homosexuality is probably choice and not genetic, but to deny a person a chance at as healthy a life as they can have because of their choices isn't right. Or humane. Now I think they should be offered the same benefits that a straight married couple gets only in the instance that gay marriage is legal. Gay couples who refer to themselves as partners or life partners shouldn't be afforded matrimonial benefits. They should each get their own separate, personal policies. Smoking and drinking are bad choices. Unhealthy choices. A person is deliberately punishing his/her body, yet he/she is allowed to have health insurance. Even if that person is married. So why not gay people, even if someone thinks it's a bad choice?

Later, QD.

JUST BECAUSE. enough said, idiot.

quickdodgeŽ
04-22-2009, 09:18 PM
JUST BECAUSE. enough said, idiot.

I figured you wouldn't have a rebuttal. Later, QD.

hondachik
04-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Let the gays/lesbians get married. I mean seriously, how does this affect or harm my every day life? It doesn't. As Americans we are all entitled to unalienable rights and the pursuit of happiness, therefore we should back that up. Any "sins" should be taken up with God on their behalf, but I have no problem with it.

_Christian_
04-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Marrage is a man, and woman,..

adam and eve, not adam and adam...
Argue politics with religion :goodjob:

Bus Driver J
04-22-2009, 09:38 PM
I know I will get flamed for this post, I expect it. This forum is FULL of closed minded people that think only what they think goes. Im not gay (I love the vagina too much) and my parents are not gay. They are normal within the loose definition (which will be discussed later) and have no crazy alter-egos.
An ex of mine had gay moms, they were EXCELLENT people and brought all their children up great. The kids were all conceived while the moms were married to men so they werent adopted. They are wonderful people that totally changed my outlook on gay couples.

VtecKidd, you made the best points on the anti side so I will question you. Ive met you and I can tell you arent a moron so I know you will have good remarks that arent full of childish jargon. Im not here to get into a e-fight about life, I just want the other side to have a voice in this thread.
So here goes....

What is your definition of a married couple? Why cant it be 2 people who are in love with each other and care about each other greatly? So it HAS to be a man and a woman??
Lets just say its a "couple" (man-woman, man-man, woman-woman), what prevents them from having the same benefits? They are humans! So in your ideas, it seems that interracial marriage should be illegal as well. What the difference??

WHAT?!?! NORMAL?? Who is raised in a normal situation, period?? Every family has problems. A pedo uncle, a drunk father, a mom addicted to pills.... So would you rather have parents that are gay and nothing else wrong with them or a pedo uncle that will molest you??

Consequences?? Why should someone get punished for who they love??

Agreed...

As long as its a human that has human rights there shouldnt be a problem. Animals are NOT human so marriage to them should def be illegal. And yes, that includes Humanzees, they are not 100% human so they shouldnt get 100% human rights. A gay person is 100% human.

Illegal aliens are ILLEGAL, they shouldnt get those rights. Its not a crime to be gay....

Whats the diff if a gay person gets hurt and a straight person?? Is there a gay hospital??
And what wrong with adoption?? You think orphans should just stay in orphanages their whole childhood? A loving parent is a loving parent, a child should not be deprived of that.

Agreed on the affirmative actions BUT now you are saying it shouldnt matter your race, creed, color, or sexual preference. If they are gay why cant they have the opportunity to have the benefits? Whites dont get benefits that blacks cant have. So why cant gays get the benefits that straights do?

I will only respond to comments that have substance. If someone makes a comment on me "being gay" then all I will do if give them neg rep. And within that rep there will be no comment. I dont wanna waste my time on children....

quickdodgeŽ
04-22-2009, 09:40 PM
I will only respond to comments that have substance.

You must have missed my input, lolol. Later, QD.

Bus Driver J
04-22-2009, 09:41 PM
.....Smoking and drinking are bad choices. Unhealthy choices. A person is deliberately punishing his/her body, yet he/she is allowed to have health insurance. Even if that person is married. So why not gay people, even if someone thinks it's a bad choice?

Later, QD.
Agreed 100%

Bus Driver J
04-22-2009, 09:42 PM
You must have missed my input, lolol. Later, QD.
LOL, I meant toward me....

RL...
04-23-2009, 12:09 AM
I figured you wouldn't have a rebuttal. Later, QD.

There is no need for rebuttal. This is an opinionated thread. There is no clear factual answer to this question, although one day down the road I think society will accept homosexuality, and it will be legalized.

It really does boggle my mind how a man could find another man attractive when women are so beautiful. That's why I can understand lesbians.

Verik
04-23-2009, 03:20 AM

Here is where there lies a massive misunderstanding and manipulation of the "seperation of church and state" clause. The founders of this country did not want to remove religion from our society (this includes in laws and such). They wanted to remove the religious leaders from having power over the political leaders, such that was found in England with the Anglican Church and the King, such that was also found in mainland Europe and the Pope. They did not want to remove religious values from the leaders nor from the laws, they wanted to remove the abuse of power that religious leaders exercised over the political leaders.

Also, since when is Christianity the religion of "being open minded? It basis is on forgiveness and repentance and love. That doesn't mean that as a Christian, you "aren't being a good christian" if you believe that homosexuality is wrong. Hell as a Christian it tells you that is a sin to begin with. Now you are right if you were to say its wrong to cast judgement on another person, but it is not wrong to disagree and believe in your faith.

So we should eliminate legal marital benefits altogether. I mean marriage's origins manifested in religious practices (of all kinds from pagan to wiccan, not just Christian). Therefore by your desire/logic we must separate the state from sanctioning such a religious act.

quickdodgeŽ
04-23-2009, 05:29 AM
There is no need for rebuttal. This is an opinionated thread.

You're right. But when you respond as you did, it not only helps solidify many people's opinion of you in general, it just shows how narrow-minded you are about mundane things. People don't take you or your opinions with anything more than a grain of salt because you're not known for having a remotely valid opinion on anything. And after reading some of your lines in this subject, the trend continues. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
04-23-2009, 05:31 AM
Also, since when is Christianity the religion of "being open minded?

Isn't this the truth. Christians are about the most closed minded group of people known to man. They'll look down on you in a minute if you don't follow their thinking. Later, QD.

Jimmy B
04-23-2009, 07:22 AM
Argue politics with religion :goodjob:

No politics to it.. no religion eather.. its what i believe, and what I think is right..

dartingd
04-23-2009, 07:35 AM
Isn't this the truth. Christians are about the most closed minded group of people known to man. They'll look down on you in a minute if you don't follow their thinking. Later, QD.

Depends on who you're talking about QD. I consider myself to be a christain. I attend a local "Church of God" denominated church to be exact, which means I should be an "extremist" by religious standards accord to the media and the general populations stereotypes. Please don't tell me that when you see stuff like this Sunday School teacher that killed people on the news you think that's how we all are. As a christian I'm taught to welcome anyone with an open mind, but that doesn't mean that I agree with their beliefs or way of life by any means. I believe it to be a sin to be homosexual, but I've had many gay and lesbian friends in the past who know exactly where I stand on the subject, yet they were friends with me. These "physco christians" have really ruined many good chances the good ones have at showing what their religion is really about.
-That is all...

Bus Driver J
04-23-2009, 08:34 AM
.....These "physco christians" have really ruined many good chances the good ones have at showing what their religion is really about.
-That is all...
Agreed but I will leave all my religion comments out of the lifestyle section. Im a devout atheist so all the religious stuff is just jibber jabber to me.....

Paul
04-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Here is where there lies a massive misunderstanding and manipulation of the "seperation of church and state" clause. The founders of this country did not want to remove religion from our society (this includes in laws and such). They wanted to remove the religious leaders from having power over the political leaders, such that was found in England with the Anglican Church and the King, such that was also found in mainland Europe and the Pope. They did not want to remove religious values from the leaders nor from the laws, they wanted to remove the abuse of power that religious leaders exercised over the political leaders.

Also, since when is Christianity the religion of "being open minded? It basis is on forgiveness and repentance and love. That doesn't mean that as a Christian, you "aren't being a good christian" if you believe that homosexuality is wrong. Hell as a Christian it tells you that is a sin to begin with. Now you are right if you were to say its wrong to cast judgement on another person, but it is not wrong to disagree and believe in your faith.

Separation of Church and State is as I described it is there to allow religious freedom but not allow it to interfere with making law.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof . . ."

You are talking about of two sides of your mouth - you are casting judgment on someone when you say their lifestyle is wrong "an abomination and they are ruining the sanctity of marriage" which has been used many times... but its your "faith" :lmfao:

If you aren't judging then why doesn't the church open arms allow them to get married? They are wrong and are sinners, OK accept it and move on. That is why American Christians are judgmental. Acting on your faith creates judgments so you are judging gays by standing up saying they can't get married b/c they are sinners and it is wrong.

ARH1192
04-23-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm 100% against it. I have a gay friend that is fun to hang out with. I use to get drunk with him all the time and not once felt uncomfortable around him. But I do not believe gays should be allowed to marry nor adopt kids. Kids come from a man and a woman. Just imagine how confused a child would be growing up with two moms or two dads.

I don't wont to raise my kids in a world where they see it all the time. I don't want them to think its acceptable or ok. Because it's not. There is a reason why two men or two women cant reproduce.

Vteckidd
04-23-2009, 10:30 AM
Bus Driver you make good points, but im really busy today, ill respond tonight

ARH1192
04-23-2009, 10:40 AM
What is your definition of a married couple? Why cant it be 2 people who are in love with each other and care about each other greatly? So it HAS to be a man and a woman??
Lets just say its a "couple" (man-woman, man-man, woman-woman), what prevents them from having the same benefits? They are humans! So in your ideas, it seems that interracial marriage should be illegal as well. What the difference??

I know times have changed and this is less common now but I was raised in a family where my father worked and my mother stayed home raising me and my brothers and sister.

Back in the day this is how most families were. And I believe thats why the benefits were there for the spouse. And since gays cant reproduce, there is no reason why the spouse deserves any benefits.

Bus Driver J
04-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Bus Driver you make good points, but im really busy today, ill respond tonight
Cant wait :cheers:

I know times have changed and this is less common now but I was raised in a family where my father worked and my mother stayed home raising me and my brothers and sister.

Back in the day this is how most families were. And I believe thats why the benefits were there for the spouse. And since gays cant reproduce, there is no reason why the spouse deserves any benefits.
We no longer live in the 18th, 19th, or 20th centuries. We live in 2009. We need to adapt to the times and what going on around us in our NOW society, like it or not.

quickdodgeŽ
04-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Please don't tell me that when you see stuff like this Sunday School teacher that killed people on the news you think that's how we all are. ..

I don't dare base any of my prejudice's on what I see/read. I base them on real life experience's. I have literally never met one Christian that was not a backstabber. That was not in your business for their self esteem. That did not pre-judge me. And, I hate to say it, but most of these people were COG folk as well. One example...a girl I was dating for a long time had a 4 year old child. They talked the child into telling the police that I had been "touching" her. Of course it all went away because they admitted it, but they did it because they wanted me away from their daughter and granddaughter because I had tattoos on me. They said I was dangerous. I'm about as dangerous as feather. That's just one of, trust me, many episodes.

But I don't think all of you people (lolol) are that way. Later, QD.

Bus Driver J
04-23-2009, 06:40 PM
But I don't think all of you people (lolol) are that way. Later, QD.
Did you say... "You People" ????
LOL

dartingd
04-23-2009, 07:33 PM
I think he did...I don't even know how to come back on that one...QD is too e-slick for me, lol.

RL...
04-23-2009, 09:10 PM
You're right. But when you respond as you did, it not only helps solidify many people's opinion of you in general, it just shows how narrow-minded you are about mundane things. People don't take you or your opinions with anything more than a grain of salt because you're not known for having a remotely valid opinion on anything. And after reading some of your lines in this subject, the trend continues. Later, QD.

Respond as I do? You follow me on this forum and post personal attacks on here and responding to most posts and threads I make. Shouldn't you accept that just because someone has a different perspective than you or the majority that their opinon is still valid? Sounds like you're the narrow minded one. But there is no argueing with you QD, you are always right aren't you? Wait don't answer that. I'll answer it for you.

I'm always right: I'm the fucking man and everyone should know it. Later, QD

ahabion
04-23-2009, 10:03 PM

QFT

hondachik
04-23-2009, 10:11 PM
Um. Whats wrong with gays & lesbians adopting kids? I mean hell enough straight couples aren't damn doing it. We wouldn't have so many damn kids in the foster system if we had more gay and lesbian couples. They can provide just as good as a home as anyone. I'm sure the kid doesn't give a fuck if their parents are gay or not, they just want to be loved and out of the system. Gays & lesbian couplies IMO tend not to take those types of things for granted just because they know how society is. They know its a blessing to be able to adopt a kid with how many non open-minded people we have running around. If they can afford to adopt and have a great background...then dammit let them do it. We have WAY TOO MANY kids in foster homes and adoption agencies to just ban them from being adopted by a couple because of their sexual preference.

hondachik
04-23-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm 100% against it. I have a gay friend that is fun to hang out with. I use to get drunk with him all the time and not once felt uncomfortable around him. But I do not believe gays should be allowed to marry nor adopt kids. Kids come from a man and a woman. Just imagine how confused a child would be growing up with two moms or two dads.

I don't wont to raise my kids in a world where they see it all the time. I don't want them to think its acceptable or ok. Because it's not. There is a reason why two men or two women cant reproduce.

my prev post was in response of this.

ahabion
04-23-2009, 10:16 PM

Hrm... rather closed minded statement don't you think? :thinking: LoL funny how it is so easy to group up people and call them whatever you want.

ahabion
04-23-2009, 10:21 PM

Actually, the separation of of church and state is so that the state does not interfere with the church. Pilgrims fled because of what? Religious persecution from the King. What was the First Amendment? Freedom of religion, of speech, of press, to petition and to assemble. Separation of church and state was not made to keep religion out of politics... it was so that politics would stay out of religion.

Lets not forget also, that freedom of religion does apply to ALL religions and not just Christianity... because the Founders KNEW that they did not want to impose the same tyranny on those of different religious values...

quickdodgeŽ
04-23-2009, 11:51 PM
I think he did...I don't even know how to come back on that one...QD is too e-slick for me, lol.

Lolol.

You follow me on this forum and post personal attacks on here and responding to most posts and threads I make.

I don't follow anyone. I go into a lot of threads, regardless of author or content. If I see something inane, I respond. You just happen to fit into the category of Butt of all Jokes.

Sounds like you're the narrow minded one.

Me narrow minded? Hardly. I guarantee you that I'm probably one of the most open minded people on the site. But to say I'm narrow minded when I call you stupid because of your views on another person's style of life and how you THINK it's wrong is quite hypocritical.

And yes, I'm pretty much always right. Mainly and especially when it comes to topics with and about you and your lack of brain power.

Hrm... rather closed minded statement don't you think? LoL funny how it is so easy to group up people and call them whatever you want.

Kind of stupid of you to not read on through the thread where you'll clearly see my explanation for this particular post of mine. It'll hit you like smart hitting NissanTun3r. Out of fucking nowhere. Later, QD.

Jdm94Coupe
04-25-2009, 11:48 AM
This is my question to everyone who has read this thread or will read this thread.

Do you honestly think that because a child grows up with a gay or lesbian couple that they will be persuaded to become homosexual? Honestly...... Do you think the "parents" would force their foster child to be homosexual? I'm going with a 99.9% chance that it's a no!

What if a foster home has a gay boy and a lesbian girl? Does that mean everyone or ANYONE would be gay just because there are kids living with them that are?

Bruce Leroy
04-25-2009, 05:24 PM
The whole "gay parents = gay kids" debate is dumb..... Because if every kid had the same sexual orientation as their parents, then there would be no gays anywhere. Everyone would be straight.

RL...
04-25-2009, 08:47 PM
This is my question to everyone who has read this thread or will read this thread.

Do you honestly think that because a child grows up with a gay or lesbian couple that they will be persuaded to become homosexual? Honestly...... Do you think the "parents" would force their foster child to be homosexual? I'm going with a 99.9% chance that it's a no!

What if a foster home has a gay boy and a lesbian girl? Does that mean everyone or ANYONE would be gay just because there are kids living with them that are?

If you grew up with 2 dads and no mom, witnessed them kissing and holding hands and doing what couples do since your birth, don't you think you might think that is normal, socially acceptable, morally acceptable behavior? You might grow up thinking that is normal and want to try messing with a guy when if you would've had straight parents been messing with a girl. Parents perspectives and their habits have a tendency off rubbing off on their children more times than not.

That last statement is absurd.

RL...
04-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Lolol.

I don't follow anyone. I go into a lot of threads, regardless of author or content. If I see something inane, I respond. You just happen to fit into the category of Butt of all Jokes.

Me narrow minded? Hardly. I guarantee you that I'm probably one of the most open minded people on the site. But to say I'm narrow minded when I call you stupid because of your views on another person's style of life and how you THINK it's wrong is quite hypocritical.

And yes, I'm pretty much always right. Mainly and especially when it comes to topics with and about you and your lack of brain power.

Kind of stupid of you to not read on through the thread where you'll clearly see my explanation for this particular post of mine. It'll hit you like smart hitting NissanTun3r. Out of fucking nowhere. Later, QD.

:blah:

The fact is I am right and you are wrong.

schia89
04-25-2009, 09:06 PM
i should not be legalized because it jus aint right n homos are increasin hiv and aids

quickdodgeŽ
04-25-2009, 09:24 PM
The whole "gay parents = gay kids" debate is dumb..... Because if every kid had the same sexual orientation as their parents, then there would be no gays anywhere. Everyone would be straight.

100%.

If you grew up with 2 dads and no mom, witnessed them kissing and holding hands and doing what couples do since your birth, don't you think you might think that is normal, socially acceptable, morally acceptable behavior? You might grow up thinking that is normal and want to try messing with a guy when if you would've had straight parents been messing with a girl. Parents perspectives and their habits have a tendency off rubbing off on their children more times than not.

Every post you've made is absurd. You haven't come across with an iota of rational reasoning. You've just come up with a lot of judgmental crap for thoughts that you've tried to infect on others. Your line of "reasoning" is about as straight as a line drawn by Michael J. Fox.

The fact is I am right and you are wrong.

If you had ever bested me in a series of intellectual jargon and it was witnessed by anyone, then I might find your statement a little bit more believable. But since you've never once outwitted me and I seem to have more of a following when it comes to educational prowess, there is no fact to your claim. As per usual in your case, your claim is baseless.

i should not be legalized because it jus aint right n homos are increasin hiv and aids

Why don't you go be a dummy somewhere else, Boy. Later, QD.

87 Turbo II
04-25-2009, 11:44 PM

It's still hard for you to say being straight. If it can't be helped then your opinions are quite unfair.

I am straight but I was dragged to a few gay-straight-alliance metting ours highschool had (the girlfriend was all about supporting gays cause of one of her friends or some shit). When you hear these kids talk about growing up through puberty feeling attracted to the same sex, it really doesn't sound like a choice. Do you choose to like... well let's say you are a sucker for redheads. Or is it just soemthing about them that makes your pants get tighter? Some things can't be helped. There are also cases where it is said one can tell if a child is gonig to be gay in life based off of how they act in really young age. Even as early as five. Society has gender roles that some children break barriers of on their own. A study was done on twins at the age of 5 where one boy loved playing with toy cars and G-I-Joes where the other played with Barbies and requested his room be painted pink. The parents did not alter their children's request and wants at all and following the family fdor years proved a conclusion that the boy who played with the dolls did indeed end up gay. Under his own pathway of decisions in life, which could have been influenced by genetics. Furthermore, many gays I have talked to WISHED they weren't gay, and hate themselves for feeling the way they do. they can't help it, but in todays society, even if homosexuality is more accepted and less taboo, there are still TONS of hardships in a gay lifestyle.

Lastly, I know you wouldn't want your child to see two guys kiss, and society controls what is acceptable. but think about it, what makes it not right? Society told YOU it wasn't. Don't pull the "it's not natural" card either because homosexuality has been around for ages and was very popular in early (very early) Roman, and Greek heritages, and there are traces of it in every culture. I know gays can't have children and that leads to the unnatural thing but not al people were meant to have children, not all people want children, and lets be honest, the world needs less people anyway. I think adoption should not only be a possibility, but encouraged. I think the emotional damage of feeling unwanted living life being transferred from foster home to foster home is worse than having two moms or dads.

Attending the meetings really opened my eyes. I love women myself but I have an open mind to at least accept what is different. Remember, they are people too. I do think it is wrong for overly flamboyant gay males to go out of their way to make straight guys feel uncomfortable but can't really blamethem with their hard lifestyles(being shunned and made fun of) and the fact that straight men do it to women too (eg. calling out "Hay baby show me your titties" down the street so your friends get a good laugh is basically as bad. she feels the same way you do as when a gay guy winks at you to see your reaction. He's probably not interested, but just wants to have that same effect).

RL...
04-26-2009, 12:16 AM

actually stats indicate that the number of ppl getting aids has actually been reducing in the homosexual population....

RL...
04-26-2009, 12:19 AM
100%.

Every post you've made is absurd. You haven't come across with an iota of rational reasoning. You've just come up with a lot of judgmental crap for thoughts that you've tried to infect on others. Your line of "reasoning" is about as straight as a line drawn by Michael J. Fox.

If you had ever bested me in a series of intellectual jargon and it was witnessed by anyone, then I might find your statement a little bit more believable. But since you've never once outwitted me and I seem to have more of a following when it comes to educational prowess, there is no fact to your claim. As per usual in your case, your claim is baseless.

Why don't you go be a dummy somewhere else, Boy. Later, QD.

There is no way nor a reason for me to try and reason with someone who is ignorantly blinded by his stupidity and his skewed perceptions.

RL...
04-26-2009, 12:30 AM
It's still hard for you to say being straight. If it can't be helped then your opinions are quite unfair.

I am straight but I was dragged to a few gay-straight-alliance metting ours highschool had (the girlfriend was all about supporting gays cause of one of her friends or some shit). When you hear these kids talk about growing up through puberty feeling attracted to the same sex, it really doesn't sound like a choice. Do you choose to like... well let's say you are a sucker for redheads. Or is it just soemthing about them that makes your pants get tighter? Some things can't be helped. There are also cases where it is said one can tell if a child is gonig to be gay in life based off of how they act in really young age. Even as early as five. Society has gender roles that some children break barriers of on their own. A study was done on twins at the age of 5 where one boy loved playing with toy cars and G-I-Joes where the other played with Barbies and requested his room be painted pink. The parents did not alter their children's request and wants at all and following the family fdor years proved a conclusion that the boy who played with the dolls did indeed end up gay. Under his own pathway of decisions in life, which could have been influenced by genetics. Furthermore, many gays I have talked to WISHED they weren't gay, and hate themselves for feeling the way they do. they can't help it, but in todays society, even if homosexuality is more accepted and less taboo, there are still TONS of hardships in a gay lifestyle.

Lastly, I know you wouldn't want your child to see two guys kiss, and society controls what is acceptable. but think about it, what makes it not right? Society told YOU it wasn't. Don't pull the "it's not natural" card either because homosexuality has been around for ages and was very popular in early (very early) Roman, and Greek heritages, and there are traces of it in every culture. I know gays can't have children and that leads to the unnatural thing but not al people were meant to have children, not all people want children, and lets be honest, the world needs less people anyway. I think adoption should not only be a possibility, but encouraged. I think the emotional damage of feeling unwanted living life being transferred from foster home to foster home is worse than having two moms or dads.

Attending the meetings really opened my eyes. I love women myself but I have an open mind to at least accept what is different. Remember, they are people too. I do think it is wrong for overly flamboyant gay males to go out of their way to make straight guys feel uncomfortable but can't really blamethem with their hard lifestyles(being shunned and made fun of) and the fact that straight men do it to women too (eg. calling out "Hay baby show me your titties" down the street so your friends get a good laugh is basically as bad. she feels the same way you do as when a gay guy winks at you to see your reaction. He's probably not interested, but just wants to have that same effect).

You bring up all good points, all of them valid and reasonable. You are right about how society facilitates what's acceptable. Homosexuals may actually feel that connection to the same sex as I might with women.

I think we can all agree that male homosexuals are generally over flamboyant and need to chill out with that nonsense. But other than that let them be gay.

I think we can also agree that homosexuality is unnatural. No matter what religion you believe, we know for a fact that babies come from a man and women being together. With that said I think it can be logically assumed that whoever put human beings on this planet intended for a man to be with a woman.

Bus Driver J
04-26-2009, 01:06 AM
First off, correct, you shouldnt be legalized. You should have your nut sack removed for the survival of the human race.
Second, learn to spell and write a correct sentence.
Third, go eat a glue sandwich.....

Ok, if you go back a read my first post in this thread youll see that my ex's moms were gay. Together they raised 5 children and of them one is gay and that one is a male. None of the 3 females are gay (but my ex DID want to have a threesome...:ninja:) So this doesnt really work out in you scenario.
But I will agree about the tendencies rubbing off. BUT with gay parents they arent going to push their kids to be gay. Racist/Republican/Christian parents WILL push. Gays know that being gay is a decision they made on their own, no one forced or persuaded them. They wont sit their son down and say, "Son, we are expecting you to grow up and like other guys." No, if the son DOES end up being gay they are going to sit them down and make sure he isnt doing it because the parents are gay but because he chose that on his own.

schia89
04-26-2009, 01:48 AM
actually stats indicate that the number of ppl getting aids has actually been reducing in the homosexual population....
Thanks for correcting me in a respectful and proper way instead of ragging on me when this thread is about your personal opinion.

quickdodgeŽ
04-26-2009, 08:17 AM
There is no way nor a reason for me to try and reason with someone who is ignorantly blinded by his stupidity and his skewed perceptions.

See here is where you keep messing up. You are the only one who thinks you're smarter or more intelligent than I. You saying you are doesn't make it so. In fact, all other evidence points to a contrary. No one has ever agreed with you. No one has ever said, "damn NissanTuner, you fucked QD up." Every claim at being better than me or having better things than I made by you was completely shut down. And by other people. So what you say about arguing with stupidity is completely true. But I keep going at you because you're an easy mark. You set yourself up for downfalls every time you hit ENTER. Why not, for once, come into a conversation with reason and smarts and present yourself in a fashion to where people will NOT say, "what a fucking idiot?" Why can't you do that?

Thanks for correcting me in a respectful and proper way instead of ragging on me when this thread is about your personal opinion.

Post like a moron, get treated as such. Even opinions are based on some sort of reasoning. Your post was just a small barrage of useless babble. Later, QD.

Got Milk?
04-26-2009, 09:41 AM
This is my honest opinion on gay people.

here it comes

almost

FUCK GAY PEOPLE, THEY SHOULD BE RAPPED, TORTURED, THAN KILLED.

quickdodgeŽ
04-26-2009, 09:51 AM
THEY SHOULD BE RAPPED,

You would "rap" a gay person? Later, QD.

Jdm94Coupe
04-26-2009, 12:57 PM

You do know that children are "raised" a certain way and a large % of them grow up and make their own decisions in life. First of all I grew up with just a mom, I don't give a shit if there was another woman or a man with my mom, as long as she received the love she desired. Shit we needed help financially, somebody else wouldve helped us out tremendiously.

Being gay isn't genetic or a choice....... It's what sex you are attracted to!! If it was a choice why would gay people try to be straight to fit in and then go back to being gay? It's because its who they are, not what they choose!

Think about it this way. All the bullshit we put up with woman and all the time/money/stress we go through with them. Why the hell would we choose to be with them? We have nothing in common with 99% of them, we are with them because we are attracted to them, plus they got vaginas! without that we definitely would choose to be alone. i know i would. lol ......

ironchef
04-26-2009, 02:28 PM

No its not. Whats the issue if 2 gay guys, or 2 trannies get married as long as they're tax paying people who contribute to society instead of just taking from it?

I don't care what your preference is. As long as you don't try to force it on others, and you pay your taxes, you're a-ok in my book.

IndianStig
04-26-2009, 02:58 PM
NissanTun3r would be the faggot to start this bull shit...

with that said, no, America needs all the tax money it can get right now and letting them let the homos pay their extra tax for filing as singles would be on point.