PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods turbo hondas & summertime

Hondatwin23
04-21-2009, 10:35 PM
Mostly for you guys that DD ur turbo hondas. I want to turbo my civic but I'm in limbo with my a/c half in.

Should I install it back in or forget it cause it will easier to deal with turbo under hood?

1SOL2NV
04-22-2009, 01:20 AM
you can get a ac compatible manifold to keep ac and have turbo .

EmminoDaGreat
04-22-2009, 02:38 AM
I rock that AC and it blows snowwwwwwwwwwww balls!!!

Da_unknown
04-22-2009, 07:14 AM
he speaks the truth

seanrg1116
04-22-2009, 09:06 AM
well ask your self whats more important getting to you destination dripping sweat or nice and cool with your a/c running.

boost = cool

boost and A/C = WIN

Sammich
04-22-2009, 09:09 AM
a/c son...especially if this is your only car

EmminoDaGreat
04-22-2009, 09:29 AM
Cant have ladies getting all sweaty in that shit! bitches stank!

Sammich
04-22-2009, 09:36 AM
LULZ:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Hondatwin23
04-22-2009, 09:53 AM

Nuff said.......project turbo a/c will start today! pics will be soon
:cheers:

FliPPYFloP
04-22-2009, 12:11 PM
da truth has been said

Hondatwin23
04-22-2009, 12:25 PM
well i got a new condensor and o-rings. is there any way to test a compressor out?

Hondatwin23
04-22-2009, 12:34 PM
holy blurry picture man but here is the project as she sits now

turbob20
04-23-2009, 01:48 AM
i think you can just jump from your battery posts to the plug and see if it engages/clicks. the rest is will it spin while engaged. then id say try it.

Hondatwin23
04-23-2009, 01:28 PM
i think you can just jump from your battery posts to the plug and see if it engages/clicks. the rest is will it spin while engaged. then id say try it.

thanks

ksniperfox
04-24-2009, 04:07 PM

OP isnt worried about ladies.....never was never will be LOL

j/k;)

keep that AC dude. ive done a turbo car in the summer without AC. needless to say, it was the last time i ever did that. it gets old. REAL fast.

PURP
04-24-2009, 04:20 PM
A/C is over rated... I like my shit like a steam sauna, Sweet the calories out ...lol And I love sweaty bitches... means they're already warmed up..

Hondatwin23
04-24-2009, 06:45 PM
^^^^^ sweaty chicks.........:fire:

teg_seven
04-26-2009, 12:45 AM
They make A/C completable manifolds. Depends how much cash you are wanting to throw down to do this right.
I know for integras you need to upgrade/change your radiator with that of only half the size of a regular one. The kind that are in civic's and del sol's i believe.

But keep it gangster. A/C and Boooooost = BALLER

Hondatwin23
04-27-2009, 10:48 AM
They make A/C completable manifolds. Depends how much cash you are wanting to throw down to do this right.
I know for integras you need to upgrade/change your radiator with that of only half the size of a regular one. The kind that are in civic's and del sol's i believe.

But keep it gangster. A/C and Boooooost = BALLER

im going to do it right, im googling to see pics of a/c in a civic now cause i dont remember the sweet kiss of winter on a hot summer day.....:cry:

joeblo
04-27-2009, 03:26 PM
take into account the wastgate placement as well as the downpipe. you will probably want a cast manifold to keep ac. ive been there with a boosted teg w/o ac in the summer and my 45 min commute to work was horrible! make it work. you wont be sorry. gl with the build! with a cast mani and a 2.5" dp you may be able to get away with using the stock radiator.

SPOOLIN
04-27-2009, 05:06 PM
you'll need to bend some stuff and put the ac fan on the front. We did it on a '00 SI with an sc61 no problem. get the VPFAB manifold if you are budgeting.

LostSolVTEC
05-29-2009, 11:09 AM
If you're living in the south I'd definitely try to keep the AC. It's humid as all get out down there. I live in Pittsburgh and when I turbo'd my old del sol i ripped the ac out and just drove with the windows down. I didn't care because it was fast but man it sucked after a while when you were trying to go somewhere nice and were covered in sweat when you got there.

Definitely keep the AC and upgrade your rad and rad fan too to keep the motor cool.

SPOOLIN
05-29-2009, 12:30 PM
i drove without AC in georgia for over 3 years, i only sweat if traffic stops for longer than 5 minutes...just depends on who you are as to whether no AC is ok or not.

now that i have AC, i will never daily drive a car without it LOL

tdurr
06-01-2009, 05:12 PM
i haz no ac in my na car and i have leather seats + no tint. I die during the summer. but its worth it to be cool(ha)

trini_gsr
06-03-2009, 12:02 PM
take into account the wastgate placement as well as the downpipe. you will probably want a cast manifold to keep ac. ive been there with a boosted teg w/o ac in the summer and my 45 min commute to work was horrible! make it work. you wont be sorry. gl with the build! with a cast mani and a 2.5" dp you may be able to get away with using the stock radiator.

this is the setup i have on my teg. i kept my a/c in mainly for driving in the rain, my windows fog up real quick and it's a bitch without defrost.

my a/c blows pretty cold, and i'm not even running an a/c fan currently. i run the stock radiator fan (had to trim the shroud a lil bit) and i was running a 10 inch autozone a/c fan, but the wires/motor was so close to the manifold it'd eventually melt and blow the fuse lol. i tried heatwrapping the wires but no luck (just postponed the inevitable).

if you go this route, put the fan in front of the rad and run it as a pusher. even without the fan my a/c still blew pretty cold last summer with no overheating issues and a stock rad. if i have issues this summer, that's the route i'm taking.

good luck

01CDMLUDER
06-04-2009, 03:20 PM
boost and freezing cold a/c is awesome... keep ur ac son