PDA

View Full Version : Music The atlanta punk scene is dead- Any punks on here?

CSquared
04-21-2009, 10:26 PM
There are some pretty damn good bands in the area but it seems like nobody's around to give a shit. Anybody on here like some punk music (I'm talking punk like pennywise and so on)?

On a side note... They're playing soon at the tabernacle.

EJ25RUN
04-21-2009, 10:27 PM
I listen to the Clash.

Does that make me a punk?

CSquared
04-21-2009, 10:36 PM
I listen to the Clash.

Does that make me a punk?
lol sure.

EJ25RUN
04-21-2009, 10:44 PM
lol sure.
Damn it man. I'm trying to conform. :mad:

GTScoob
04-21-2009, 11:59 PM
Go to the Star Bar, the Earl, or Lenny's any night of the week and you'll see the scene isnt dead.

Punk has just changed, its all going folksy, and away from the standard singalong poppunk. Think Black Lips, they're punk as fuck live, but if you just listen to their CDs you'll think they're some psychodelic surf rock. Against Me is obviously the posterchild of new punk but there's still some good stuff out there farther underground like the Saint Catherines, The Falcon, This Bike is a Pipe Bomb, etc.

I still love punk but I cant stand stagnation, and the best example is bands rehashing sounds from the 90s. Or notably bands like No Use for a Name, NOFX, Offspring, and Pennywise that should have stopped while they were ahead instead of continously rerecording the same CD to the same audience for 10yrs.

Paul
04-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Atlanta used to have a good scene back in the 90's, but died early 2000

there used to be tons of great punk/post hardcore bands in atlanta: Act of Faith, Broken, Crisis Under Control, MFR, Quadiliacha, One Way, Tres Kids, etc

those days are long gone.

frankXVX
04-23-2009, 11:04 PM
the taberbacle sucks thoe,that huge gap between the crowd and the stage i mean..and yes the falcon is a great band,and like GTScoob said any nigth of the week.LEFT OVER CRACK AND THE casualties at the masq whos going?,i hope the unseen stops by soon and the whiskey rebels even thoe i doubt that will happend along with the KRUM BUMS.

edit: RIP the oi scouts LOL and if any body speaks spanish lisen to NON-SERVIUM :goodjob:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/SKAnkinFOO/oiSCOUTS.jpg oi scouts-bleeding hearts FTW!!

blacknightteg
04-23-2009, 11:05 PM
most definitely. pennywise, nofx, mx, bad religion, dead kennedys drop kick murphys etc.

81911SC
04-23-2009, 11:07 PM
The tab is the shit. The acoustics in there is amazing.

Sir_Christopher
04-23-2009, 11:17 PM
bad religion for the winnn