PDA

View Full Version : Porsche Panamera makes its way to the 94th floor by an elevator.

EJ25RUN
04-21-2009, 04:54 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/04/01-porsche-panamera-elevator.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/04/02-porsche-panamera-elevator.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/04/03-porsche-panamera-elevator.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/04/04-porsche-panamera-elevator.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/04/05-porsche-panamera-elevator.jpg

Autoblog.

The day before the public unveiling of the Porsche Panamera at the Shanghai Motor Show, journalists were invited to the 94th floor of the Shanghai World Financial Center in China to catch a glimpse of Stuttgart's first four-door sedan. Providing further proof that both the Germans and Chinese are a persistent bunch, a team of workers proceeded to strap the Panamera onto a special pallet, tipped it on its tail and wedged the dark silver metallic sedan into the freight elevator to make the 1,394-foot trek up the world's third-largest building. The pictures tell the tale better than we can, so check them out in the gallery below, along with more live shots of the Panamera straight from Shanghai.

dz988
04-21-2009, 04:56 PM
daaammmmn! :eek:
thats crazy

NewGen33
04-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Awesome, but what was the reason for them doing this...

EJ25RUN
04-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Awesome, but what was the reason for them doing this...
opps forgot to post that...check it now

WTF?
04-21-2009, 05:44 PM
weird

NewGen33
04-21-2009, 05:46 PM
Oh ok the way they described it seems like it was a political thing sort of.

roxie911
04-21-2009, 05:49 PM
ugh...four door sedan. Dear god

VooDooXII
04-21-2009, 07:54 PM
I've really got to hand it to Porsche for doing something even more pointless with the Panamera besides building it in the first place.

Hah, that's crazy what they did there...but I honestly can't stand any bit of the Panamera, except for the interior maybe.

2rotor
04-21-2009, 07:58 PM
I've really got to hand it to Porsche for doing something even more pointless with the Panamera besides building it in the first place.

Hah, that's crazy what they did there...but I honestly can't stand any bit of the Panamera, except for the interior maybe.

YEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!
how about the fruitangy porsche touareg, erp, i mean cayenne? F that S.

i bet thats the slowest a porsche has ever gone a 1/4 mile too :)

roxie911
04-21-2009, 08:04 PM
...but I honestly can't stand any bit of the Panamera, except for the interior maybe.

Yeah, this was the first time I'd heard about it too. I HATE IT! It's not even a rear engine porsche :( Did they not learn from the 928?!? I don't think it'll sell well anyway. No one is gonna pay $80,000 for a porsche sedan when they can just buy a BMW. In my opinion, they're just kicking their own asses at this point.

.blank cd
04-21-2009, 08:05 PM
cant you mess up a motor by turning it upright like this?

Crazy Asian
04-21-2009, 08:38 PM
reminds me of this. Holy crap I never knew you can do this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXyXOiQGpVA

DB4LYFE ™
04-21-2009, 09:36 PM
:eek::eek::eek: thats crazy ish

~DB4LYFE

EJ25RUN
04-21-2009, 09:48 PM
It's not even a rear engine porsche :( Did they not learn from the 928?!?.

Been in talks for about 3 years now.

Autoblog...

Rumormill: Porsche reconsidering Panamera-based 928 successor?
by Noah Joseph on Apr 20th 2009 at 9:27PM

Despite previous reports to the contrary, new reports suggest that Porsche is indeed planning a front-engine coupe to fill the void left in its line-up by the old 928. The original front-engined V8 GT was built by Porsche in various iterations between 1978 and 1995 before it was dropped. Since news of the four-door Panamera's development began circulating, so did rumors of a two-door variant to pick up the 928's mantle, but now that the Panamera has made its official public debut in Shanghai, new accounts suggest that Stuttgart is working on it already.

In this case, according to UK magazine Auto Express, any potential 928 successor would run in parallel, not as a replacement to the 911 (natch). Expect a fastback profile and the mechanicals to carry over largely from the Panamera, while reportedly reduced demand for lower-end Porsches like the Boxster and Caymen would dictate that the new GT would be positioned significantly higher, taking aim at the likes of the Bentley Continental GT and Aston Martin DB9. Is there any truth to the reports? Only time will tell.

slostang
04-21-2009, 10:18 PM
cant you mess up a motor by turning it upright like this?

im sure it was drained of all fluids before the tip.

Cool Cat Racing
04-21-2009, 10:23 PM
Everyone hated the Cayenne but its one of their highest selling models. Look at all the other SUV's out there for the money. Hell the Turbo S is faster than an R34 GTR. I think it will sell pretty well. Look at how well performance sedans have been selling. There's lots of people that need a sedan but still want performance and the name, that's why the Cayenne sells so well.

speedminded
04-21-2009, 10:55 PM
YEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!
how about the fruitangy porsche touareg, erp, i mean cayenne? F that S.

i bet thats the slowest a porsche has ever gone a 1/4 mile too :)Find me ONE Porsche known for it's 1/4 mile time...

Yeah, this was the first time I'd heard about it too. I HATE IT! It's not even a rear engine porsche :( Did they not learn from the 928?!? I don't think it'll sell well anyway. No one is gonna pay $80,000 for a porsche sedan when they can just buy a BMW. In my opinion, they're just kicking their own asses at this point.Did you forget about the 4 other front engine Porsche's including the Cayenne, one of their best selling vehicles...why didn't all of them buy an X5 instead?

What BMW sedan does 0-60 in 4.0 seconds? ;)

EJ25RUN
04-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Find me ONE Porsche known for it's 1/4 mile time...

http://www.autocult.com.au/img/gallery/997GT3257.jpg

81911SC
04-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Half the people in here have no idea what the hell they're talking about. LOL
Cool shit.

VooDooXII
04-21-2009, 11:29 PM
I get the Cayenne argument...everyone was hopping on the SUV bandwagon then, and everyone's hopping on the 4-door-coupe gravy train now. I don't think the Cayenne is particularly good looking...I think it got worse with the redesign and I'd rather have a Touareg V10 TDI for $15,000 less, but it's a Porsche...conspicuous consumers...yea.

I don't mind that the Panamera is front-engined...hell I liked the 944, 968 and 928. I'm not sure that its accolades are good enough for potential buyers to overlook the atrocious styling of the thing. The proportions of this car are so badly off...it's like a 5-year-old tried to sketch a 911. It looks bloated. I mean that's really the only issue I have with the car...it's godawfully ugly.

Besides...how much does a Panamera cost? Between $90,000 and $120,000? That's Maserati money...and look at the distinction you get with one of those.

singhondeck
04-22-2009, 07:38 AM
no i KNOW anything is possible in this modern world

speedminded
04-22-2009, 09:34 AM
I get the Cayenne argument...everyone was hopping on the SUV bandwagon then, and everyone's hopping on the 4-door-coupe gravy train now. I don't think the Cayenne is particularly good looking...I think it got worse with the redesign and I'd rather have a Touareg V10 TDI for $15,000 less, but it's a Porsche...conspicuous consumers...yea.

I don't mind that the Panamera is front-engined...hell I liked the 944, 968 and 928. I'm not sure that its accolades are good enough for potential buyers to overlook the atrocious styling of the thing. The proportions of this car are so badly off...it's like a 5-year-old tried to sketch a 911. It looks bloated. I mean that's really the only issue I have with the car...it's godawfully ugly.

Besides...how much does a Panamera cost? Between $90,000 and $120,000? That's Maserati money...and look at the distinction you get with one of those.BMW has been making luxury sports car sedans for decades but not everyone wants an M5. Now BMW has gone back to building the 4 door M3 as well. Then you have the Maserati Quattroporte, MB C63 & CLS63, Cadillac CTS-V, Jaguar XF (R soon), etc...it has pushed a need for Porsche to get in the game as well.

roxie911
04-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Did you forget about the 4 other front engine Porsche's including the Cayenne, one of their best selling vehicles...why didn't all of them buy an X5 instead?

Because the X5 and the Cayenne are roughly around the same price (if you're just talking a Cayenne or Cayenne S).

As far as looks go, I don't think it's that bad. I think it looks good with the porsche lineup, but it doesn't really scream porsche when I see it by itself, but that's just my opinion....

Revmaynard
04-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Couldn't of done it without those takata green straps! LOL

VooDooXII
04-22-2009, 08:29 PM
BMW has been making luxury sports car sedans for decades but not everyone wants an M5. Now BMW has gone back to building the 4 door M3 as well. Then you have the Maserati Quattroporte, MB C63 & CLS63, Cadillac CTS-V, Jaguar XF (R soon), etc...it has pushed a need for Porsche to get in the game as well.

I get that...but why does it have to be so catastrophically ugly? :dunno: