PDA

View Full Version : Outdoors Carrying in movie theater?

patrick4588
04-21-2009, 04:34 PM
so would a movie theater be considered a PG? i wouldnt think it is since you are going to see a movie, not other people. and its definitely not an event or concert. i would be CC, but just wondered anyones take on it.

BanginJimmy
04-21-2009, 08:34 PM
It is a dicey situation. Best advise, call up the local PD and ask.

eraser4g63
04-21-2009, 08:45 PM
I was talking to an S.O. officer said he honestly had no idea what the laws are but he doesn't care as long as you are not stupid. From the cops I have talked to a lot of them have no idea about the laws or rules.

.blank cd
04-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Best advice: if you think you're gonna get shot up at the movie theater, maybe you should stay at home

patrick4588
04-21-2009, 09:28 PM
Best advice: if you think you're gonna get shot up at the movie theater, maybe you should stay at home

whats to say i wont get robbed in the parking lot? thats the stupidest advice ive ever heard. i carry a pistol in case something unplanned happens. thats like telling ppl not to wear their seatbelt, if you think you will get in a wreck, dont drive.

Truegiant
04-21-2009, 09:40 PM
get a ccw. You will never have problems with carrying if no one knows you do. If it comes time to defend yourself or others I am sure the authorities wont care that you carried in the wrong place. my two cents

eraser4g63
04-21-2009, 09:45 PM
^^ The old better to seek forgiveness than permission theory. Dpending on The DA or ADA you may get away with it, then again you may get crucified.

.blank cd
04-21-2009, 09:45 PM
whats to say i wont get robbed in the parking lot? thats the stupidest advice ive ever heard. i carry a pistol in case something unplanned happens. thats like telling ppl not to wear their seatbelt, if you think you will get in a wreck, dont drive.lol. nope. totally different. I cant get arrested for buckling someone for no reason

eraser4g63
04-21-2009, 09:47 PM
^^ no not really. The reasoning is one and the same.

koukis14
04-21-2009, 10:36 PM
http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=27567

81911SC
04-21-2009, 10:45 PM
get a ccw. You will never have problems with carrying if no one knows you do. If it comes time to defend yourself or others I am sure the authorities wont care that you carried in the wrong place. my two centsI think he means CC in there.

Danny
04-21-2009, 11:10 PM

get out moron.

Danny
04-21-2009, 11:12 PM
i always carry in a theater. that doesnt mean its legal. It has always been dicey imo.

eraser4g63
04-21-2009, 11:13 PM
I do agree with what one guy said on GCO, Better judged by 12 than carried by 6. I personally believe that does apply to this situation.

patrick4588
04-22-2009, 12:45 AM
CC'd, no issues. and im damn sure glad i did. there was an old guy who was really making me and my gf uncomfortable. me and my gf were the only ones in the theater and he came and sat directly behind us. we got up and moved a few rows back. then followed us out to my car after the movie. nothing came from the incident, but it was very out of the norm.

.blank cd
04-22-2009, 06:06 AM
i always carry in a theater. that doesnt mean its legal. It has always been dicey imo.youre doing something potentially illegal, and I'm the moron? What an idiot :rolleyes: what's dicier is that people like you own weapons.

ShooterMcGavin
04-22-2009, 07:54 AM
you're fine, just don't OC.

ShooterMcGavin
04-22-2009, 07:55 AM
youre doing something potentially illegal, and I'm the moron? What an idiot :rolleyes: what's dicier is that people like you own weapons.
he is doing nothing illegal, he just doesn't seem to completely understand the law. as for you telling ppl to stay home if they're scared of getting shot at, ever heard of a home invasion?

.blank cd
04-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Of course. I never said anything about keeping your gun at home where it should be

Danny
04-22-2009, 09:01 AM
youre doing something potentially illegal, and I'm the moron? What an idiot :rolleyes: what's dicier is that people like you own weapons.

Its only dicy to me because with ga PG clause alot of things are dicy and are up for interpretation. But this goes for most laws.

And yes you are a moron. Not only did you suggest that we carry guns because we are expecting to get "shot up"; but you also suggest that you believe that guns should stay "at home where they belong". Both suggestions are complete garbage, and very typical of the ignorant anti-gun crowd.

If you want to learn why people carry, and why people think guns belong "outside the house" then just ask. But coming in here and suggesting that we carry into a theater because we think we are going to get "shot up", and then telling us to leave the guns at home isn't exactly the most intelligent way to learn why we do what we do. But then again, chances are you don't give a damn about being a fool.

Danny
04-22-2009, 09:05 AM
CC'd, no issues. and im damn sure glad i did. there was an old guy who was really making me and my gf uncomfortable. me and my gf were the only ones in the theater and he came and sat directly behind us. we got up and moved a few rows back. then followed us out to my car after the movie. nothing came from the incident, but it was very out of the norm.

OC spray will resolve issues like that. Anyone following you like that is up to no good, a good hosing of OC is the least they deserve. Its generally polite to at least change course completely in the parking lot twice, to insure they are following you. :D

ShooterMcGavin
04-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Its only dicy to me because with ga PG clause alot of things are dicy and are up for interpretation. But this goes for most laws.

And yes you are a moron. Not only did you suggest that we carry guns because we are expecting to get "shot up"; but you also suggest that you believe that guns should stay "at home where they belong". Both suggestions are complete garbage, and very typical of the ignorant anti-gun crowd.

If you want to learn why people carry, and why people think guns belong "outside the house" then just ask. But coming in here and suggesting that we carry into a theater because we think we are going to get "shot up", and then telling us to leave the guns at home isn't exactly the most intelligent way to learn why we do what we do. But then again, chances are you don't give a damn about being a fool.

movie theaters are not considered PG in this state unless they're hosting something out of the ordinary.

Danny
04-22-2009, 09:31 AM
movie theaters are not considered PG in this state unless they're hosting something out of the ordinary.

Good. But that doesnt mean some officer or judge wont think differently. Thats why we hate the PG clause.

patrick4588
04-22-2009, 10:27 AM

do you have any legislation or case law to show that? it seems nobody can find anythin concrete to support that. badass if its true!

BanginJimmy
04-22-2009, 12:12 PM

After reading through the actual bill, it is still VERY gray. There is no definition of a PG that works for everyday occurrences such as a movie theater or even the mall.

ranger250x
04-22-2009, 12:13 PM
the discover mills theater has a sign saying no weapons, but other theaters do not have said sign. thats the only thing i know about carring in theaters. good thing you decided to carry with the creep in the theater with you

.blank cd
04-22-2009, 12:33 PM

If you want to learn why people carry, and why people think guns belong "outside the house" then just ask. But coming in here and suggesting that we carry into a theater because we think we are going to get "shot up", and then telling us to leave the guns at home isn't exactly the most intelligent way to learn why we do what we do. But then again, chances are you don't give a damn about being a fool.lol. ok buddy. I know exactly why people carry, Its cause they wanna try to protect their family and their stuff. I hope it does get ruled as a public gathering though.

Consider this hypothetical situation: You grab your gun, head out to the movies, but you dont bother to turn your safety on cause you think the chances of actually having to use it are slim, or for some reason you dont turn it on, or for some reason, you accidently switch it off. You grab your drinks and your popcorn, find the seat you want to sit in and walk up the stairs. As you're crouching down to sit in your seat, your gun falls out of the holster and on to the concrete floor below. The 12 year old girl sitting one row in front of you and two seats to the left hears a loud bang and is now gasping for breath. She will no longer be able to enjoy the movie because she is being rushed to the hospital where she will certainly die from a gunshot wound to the spinal cord. You'll be judged by 12, and she'll be carried by 6. Glad you made sure your family and belongings were safe in the movie theater, dont you.

patrick4588
04-22-2009, 12:36 PM
you are fucking retarted.

.blank cd
04-22-2009, 12:38 PM
you are fucking retarted.great answer there, sport

patrick4588
04-22-2009, 12:40 PM
sadly its better than anything you have posted in this thread

.blank cd
04-22-2009, 12:51 PM
sadly its better than anything you have posted in this threadLOL. Good to know what Im dealing with. People wanting to carry guns into public gatherings are the same people lacking the mental capacity to defend their reason why they should and the best retort they can come up with is "you are fucking retarted". Let me know when you go out with your gun so I can stay at home. Preciate that in advance.

Danny
04-22-2009, 01:08 PM
lol. ok buddy. I know exactly why people carry, Its cause they wanna try to protect their family and their stuff. I hope it does get ruled as a public gathering though.

Consider this hypothetical situation: You grab your gun, head out to the movies, but you dont bother to turn your safety on cause you think the chances of actually having to use it are slim, or for some reason you dont turn it on, or for some reason, you accidently switch it off. You grab your drinks and your popcorn, find the seat you want to sit in and walk up the stairs. As you're crouching down to sit in your seat, your gun falls out of the holster and on to the concrete floor below. The 12 year old girl sitting one row in front of you and two seats to the left hears a loud bang and is now gasping for breath. She will no longer be able to enjoy the movie because she is being rushed to the hospital where she will certainly die from a gunshot wound to the spinal cord. You'll be judged by 12, and she'll be carried by 6. Glad you made sure your family and belongings were safe in the movie theater, dont you.

wow. Too many movies for you. Just for kicks and giggles i will actually address this screnario in a line item fashion.

- saftey off: the gun i normally carry doesnt even have a saftey, yet the only time it has EVER gone off is when i press the trigger (so unless i decide to shoot 12 year old sally, she has no reason to worry about getting shot by my gun). I also have a 1911 i carry from time to time that has a thumb safety like you speak of. Reholstering without the safety engaged on this gun isnt an option, although its technically possible, muscle memory reduces this human error to effectively zero. But again, this gun too only goes off when the trigger is pressed. Once the gun is holster this too would have effectively zero chance of an accidental discharge, once again leaving Sally in perfect health.

- The gun flys out of its holster and land perfectly so it discharges a round: my normal carry gun (and essentially every handgun) can take its far share of abuse with out an accidental discharge. Although i have never dropped a gun on accident, i am confident that my glock could be thrown down on the concrete and not discharge. Also my 1911 (95+ year old design) has to be dropped from 40+ feet onto concrete, perfectly on its muzzle before it runs a measurable risk of accidentally discharging. If it lands at any angle except perfectly vertical this would decrease the odds of a discharge dramatically. This has been tested and available somewhere on google. So once again, Sally is still in perfect health by all reasonable probability.

- So is your theoretical story possible? Technically yes, but your talking about a probability so close to zero it isnt even funny. Now yes you could run into some window licker than could probably make this story come true, but nothing can help people like that not even making a theater a public gather like you want, because that type of person could care less.

- Its important to remember that guns are just tools, they dont jump out of thier holsters on thier own when your sitting down. And they sure as hell dont press thier own trigger, killing poor Sally. We understand your scared of guns for some reason, but open your eyes and learn about it, maybe you will understand and become a fan.

lol. ok buddy. I know exactly why people carry, Its cause they wanna try to protect their family and their stuff. I hope it does get ruled as a public gathering though.

Lots of gun owners carry for "protection", but just as many carry "because we can."

"A right not exercised is a right lost." A very true quote.

SL65AMG
04-22-2009, 01:10 PM

HAHA. dude unless your gun is fucked up or older than your grandma it wont slam fire.

the safety only keeps the trigger from moving and engaging the sear. if you (hypothetically) dropped it out of your POS loose holster and it fell onto the ground it would slam-fire regardless...

and if you do in fact carry, you dont want a loose fuckin holster like what you described.

.blank cd
04-22-2009, 01:16 PM
so are you saying a gun has never slam fired before and will never slam fire again? Im saying it can happen. Alot of variables there.

BanginJimmy
04-22-2009, 01:54 PM
so are you saying a gun has never slam fired before and will never slam fire again? Im saying it can happen. Alot of variables there.

Unless you are watching the movie from a helicopter then no its not going to happen.

If you use every minuscule risk as a reason to avoid something you must never leave your bed, but then again you could turn onto your stomach when you sleep and suffocate yourself on your pillow. And yes, the chances of a gun firing off a round from a 3ft drop is about the same as suffocating yourself on your pillow in your sleep.

Danny
04-22-2009, 01:59 PM

Did you miss my post above, or did you ignore it?

FlipKing
04-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Gonna say you are wrong Hotshot. I carry a pocket knife. What if I trip going down the stairs and it slings open. It cartwheels down the stairs and into the bottom row into the back of some guy's head. Hey...it could happen...right? lulz

Danny
04-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Gonna say you are wrong Hotshot. I carry a pocket knife. What if I trip going down the stairs and it slings open. It cartwheels down the stairs and into the bottom row into the back of some guy's head. Hey...it could happen...right? lulz

I think that big ass coke i saw your carrying into the movie the other day is unacceptable, I mean it could have fallen on my little kid and drowned her. :(

ARH1192
04-22-2009, 04:24 PM
you are fucking retarted.

Even tho his reply was a little stupid it had some truth to it. If your scared to go to the movies with out a gun u need to grow some balls. Its a pubic place where others would def see if someone was being attacked and would help or get help. Not only that most malls and theaters have cops there. At least on the weekends.

Danny
04-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Even tho his reply was a little stupid it had some truth to it. If your scared to go to the movies with out a gun u need to grow some balls. Its a pubic place where others would def see if someone was being attacked and would help or get help. Not only that most malls and theaters have cops there. At least on the weekends.

Hmm. You have alot more faith in police and the general public than I do. Movie theater or not, you can be dead or dying in a lot less time than it takes for Mr. Fat Rent-a-cop takes to get there. But like i said earlier, "protection" is just one little part of the equation of carrying.

But then again the average gun carrier isn't afraid we are going to get mugged, stabbed or shot at. If that was the case, the last thing we would do is strap a tiny pistol on our hip and act like the problem just disappeared, like you seem to be suggesting.

I have seen how helpful the general public is, no way are they my safety plan. Your welcome to count on the public and police to help you, no thanks. They are a decent secondary plan, but a shatty primary.

eraser4g63
04-22-2009, 05:58 PM
It takes the average PD unit close to 8 mins to get on scene, another 3-5 to make contact with complainant. It takes EMS/Fire an average of 10 mins to get on scene and about 5-8 for PT contact. This does not included the delay from you dialing 911 to the unit getting dispatched. It takes the human body anywhere from 15 seconds to 6 mins to bleed out from a wound. As danny said I do not trust any one in the world except close friends, my wife and my partner on the ambulance. Other than that everyone else can fuck off.

patrick4588
04-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Hmm. You have alot more faith in police and the general public than I do. Movie theater or not, you can be dead or dying in a lot less time than it takes for Mr. Fat Rent-a-cop takes to get there. But like i said earlier, "protection" is just one little part of the equation of carrying.

But then again the average gun carrier isn't afraid we are going to get mugged, stabbed or shot at. If that was the case, the last thing we would do is strap a tiny pistol on our hip and act like the problem just disappeared, like you seem to be suggesting.

I have seen how helpful the general public is, no way are they my safety plan. Your welcome to count on the public and police to help you, no thanks. They are a decent secondary plan, but a shatty primary.

x2. he is fucking retarted for the scenario he came up with. i carry a gun because its my right as an american citizen and you never know when some shit will go down. i wear a seatbelt everytime i get in the car. do i plan on wrecking? no. its "just in case". the scenario you came up sounds like it belongs in a "Crank" movie. because seriously falling out of a helicopter and living is about the same as dropping a pistol from 18" and having it go off. and as far as the "grow some balls" comment goes... grow up. i didnt post this topic because i was scared to go to the movie; i wanted to see how other ppl interpreted the very "open to opinion" georgia law.

Danny
04-22-2009, 06:36 PM
x2. he is fucking retarted for the scenario he came up with. i carry a gun because its my right as an american citizen and you never know when some shit will go down. i wear a seatbelt everytime i get in the car. do i plan on wrecking? no. its "just in case". the scenario you came up sounds like it belongs in a "Crank" movie. because seriously falling out of a helicopter and living is about the same as dropping a pistol from 18" and having it go off. and as far as the "grow some balls" comment goes... grow up. i didnt post this topic because i was scared to go to the movie; i wanted to see how other ppl interpreted the very "open to opinion" georgia law.

Good way to end the off topic tangent. I will ignore crazyness from here on out :D

GIXXERDK
04-22-2009, 06:41 PM
I have been robbed at gun point twice now. I'm only willing to carry to my place or residence and work. Carrying out in public is just asking for trouble. As others have said the carry law is very gray and not worth risking, imo.

ftp
04-22-2009, 07:36 PM
I have carried in a theater and many other public places. The key word is CONCEALED. I carry either a 1911 or a beretta 92 with an inside the waist holster and no one is the wiser. Just dont go around like all these kids around here who just got their permit and carry it on your hip with your shirt tucked behind it like your Wyatt Earp and youll be alright. Like the old saying...Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Danny
04-22-2009, 08:40 PM
I have been robbed at gun point twice now. I'm only willing to carry to my place or residence and work. Carrying out in public is just asking for trouble. As others have said the carry law is very gray and not worth risking, imo.

Can anyone make any sense of this?!?!

patrick4588
04-22-2009, 09:20 PM
not really. i dont get it. he carries the gun just to say he can? you are scared of getting robbed, so you dont carry?:thinking:

BanginJimmy
04-22-2009, 09:28 PM
I have been robbed at gun point twice now. I'm only willing to carry to my place or residence and work. Carrying out in public is just asking for trouble.

This is probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard. If I was caught without my Glock and robbed at gunpoint I wouldnt take a dump without it again.

As others have said the carry law is very gray and not worth risking, imo.

Carry laws are not gray at all. Only the public gathering clause is gray.

patrick4588
04-22-2009, 09:49 PM
well hopefully hb615 will go thru and take care of the PG clause

FlipKing
04-22-2009, 09:51 PM
I've been robbed 12 times at knife point. A gun would stop this, but I dont wanna cause trouble

Danny
04-22-2009, 09:59 PM
wtf lol

FlipKing
04-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Lol, its fun to make points with sarcasm

patrick4588
04-22-2009, 10:01 PM
agreed

Danny
04-22-2009, 10:02 PM
yupyup. I just read a whole thread on 1911forum.com that was sarcastic. Some of the biggest names in 1911 smithing all being sarcastic about how they do stuff and the tools they use, classic funny.

GIXXERDK
04-23-2009, 08:34 AM
Well, the two times I got robbed was at my place at work. I must have wrote that wrong, I leave a gun at my workplace and one at home. Not willing to carry in public though.

ShooterMcGavin
04-23-2009, 08:48 AM
Good. But that doesnt mean some officer or judge wont think differently. Thats why we hate the PG clause.
that's why if you get caught up in that situation you get a good lawyer.

ShooterMcGavin
04-23-2009, 08:50 AM
do you have any legislation or case law to show that? it seems nobody can find anythin concrete to support that. badass if its true!
plenty of discussion on this over on gco if you don't want to believe me.

ShooterMcGavin
04-23-2009, 08:50 AM
the discover mills theater has a sign saying no weapons, but other theaters do not have said sign. thats the only thing i know about carring in theaters. good thing you decided to carry with the creep in the theater with you
doesn't matter, signs don't carry any legal weight in georgia.

ShooterMcGavin
04-23-2009, 08:51 AM

that right there tells me clearly you know >< much about guns and carrying, thanks and have a nice day :goodjob:

ShooterMcGavin
04-23-2009, 08:53 AM
epic, reps distributed. :lmfao:

ShooterMcGavin
04-23-2009, 08:54 AM
don't know where you go to see your movies pee wee but i frequent slightly classier establishments than the ones you're referring to :D

ShooterMcGavin
04-23-2009, 08:56 AM
It takes the average PD unit close to 8 mins to get on scene, another 3-5 to make contact with complainant. It takes EMS/Fire an average of 10 mins to get on scene and about 5-8 for PT contact. This does not included the delay from you dialing 911 to the unit getting dispatched. It takes the human body anywhere from 15 seconds to 6 mins to bleed out from a wound. As danny said I do not trust any one in the world except close friends, my wife and my partner on the ambulance. Other than that everyone else can fuck off.
atl pd takes 11+ min according to a study just done this past yr by the ajc.

ShooterMcGavin
04-23-2009, 08:58 AM
Can anyone make any sense of this?!?!
yeah, basically he carries bc he feels like he as to but doesn't like it...if i were him i'd either 1) not carry at all or 2) get comfortable with the gun and the idea of carrying and carry it at all times.

there's few things as ironic as ppl who get shot and killed when they own a gun and have a permit to carry.....but didn't have the gun when they needed it.

ShooterMcGavin
04-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Well, the two times I got robbed was at my place at work. I must have wrote that wrong, I leave a gun at my workplace and one at home. Not willing to carry in public though.
i guess in your case you'll have to be robbed at every place in btw those 2 points before you'll start carrying regulary? really don't see the logic in that...what if you're walking out of your house and get robbed? or walking into the door at your place of work? what're you going to do? ask them politely to wait a min while you retrieve your gun? :no:

eraser4g63
04-23-2009, 09:07 AM
atl pd takes 11+ min according to a study just done this past yr by the ajc.
I was basing that off what the DOJ and DOT ( yes they are the people that run EMS/FD in the USA) consider acceptable times, I can tell you first hand that it takes me almost 15 mins to get to most of my calls because of how rural my 911 zone is.

FlipKing
04-23-2009, 09:16 AM
Lol at shagw4g3n having so much fun in this thread. He taking over! lol

ShooterMcGavin
04-23-2009, 10:59 AM
I was basing that off what the DOJ and DOT ( yes they are the people that run EMS/FD in the USA) consider acceptable times, I can tell you first hand that it takes me almost 15 mins to get to most of my calls because of how rural my 911 zone is.
wasn't correcting you or saying your info is wrong, just putting more info out there :goodjob:

SL65AMG
04-23-2009, 11:02 AM

while you may be right, i dont have that much faith in people to jump in. in fact, id bet my damn house that 99% of people would just stand there.

plus, why rely on others to protect you? thats kinda risky if your life is in danger and the situation could be resolved with a few shots to the chest(of the bad guy) with the pistol you were carrying.

but if you weren't carrying, maybe you would be the one with a few more holes.

and i DAMN sure wouldnt rely on a cop to make an accurate, well placed shot.

ShooterMcGavin
04-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Lol at shagw4g3n having so much fun in this thread. He taking over! lol
i run this shit :D :crazy:

SL65AMG
04-23-2009, 11:09 AM

ive only been robbed at gun point once, and it will NEVER happen again, without the guy being carried off in a bodybag.

everyone says some macho shit that "oh if i was robbed at gunpoint id beat that mofo's ass" - or something like that. well it definitely doesnt work that way.
your brain goes completely numb and blank and the only thing you can comprehend is getting away ( at least thats how it was for me ).

but now having that experience i would say that i have a little bit more of an ability to think and react and make a move if such a situation were to arise again.

with that said, my pistol goes with me like a grandma and her walker.

ALSO, the carry law is definitely not gray, only the Public Gathering clause.

and if you need some more info please feel free to visit :

http://www.georgiapacking.org/law.php
http://www.georgiacarry.org/

GIXXERDK
04-23-2009, 11:46 AM
i guess in your case you'll have to be robbed at every place in btw those 2 points before you'll start carrying regulary? really don't see the logic in that...what if you're walking out of your house and get robbed? or walking into the door at your place of work? what're you going to do? ask them politely to wait a min while you retrieve your gun? :no:

Its something I have thought about, but for now I just leave it at home and at work. Step by step man, I don't want to get over my head. It's not like I go walking down a dark alley. I avoid shady places and just use street smarts, and I'm not avoiding because I'm scared its just not my type of crowd.

eraser4g63
04-23-2009, 01:10 PM
wasn't correcting you or saying your info is wrong, just putting more info out there :goodjob:
Oh I know i was siting my sources for the info incase someone decided they wanted to challenge, your point further proves everyone else's including mine. lol

81911SC
04-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Its something I have thought about, but for now I just leave it at home and at work. Step by step man, I don't want to get over my head. It's not like I go walking down a dark alley. I avoid shady places and just use street smarts, and I'm not avoiding because I'm scared its just not my type of crowd.I'm just getting in on this but I was the same when I just started carrying. You must get comfortable with it first. Very important.

Danny
04-24-2009, 12:20 AM
I'm just getting in on this but I was the same when I just started carrying. You must get comfortable with it first. Very important.

get comfortable before you leave the house. You shouldn't use the world as your guinea pig while your learning the basics.

GSRtegŪ
04-24-2009, 06:00 AM
Carry it no problem just dont OC unless you have a badge. :ninja:

Truegiant
04-24-2009, 06:58 AM
Here is a good caption that can contribute to alot of the bullshit in this thread. I agree danny, a right not excersized is a right lost.

"My neighbors are offended by my ownership of guns.

In order to let them know I am tolerant of their position, I put a sign in my yard:"

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc75/truegiant/untitled.jpg

Danny
04-24-2009, 07:01 AM
Here is a good caption that can contribute to alot of the bullshit in this thread. I agree danny, a right not excersized is a right lost.

In order to let them know I am tolerant of their position, I put a sign in my yard:"

haha quality. Sad, but true in many cases :(

Truegiant
04-24-2009, 07:04 AM
get comfortable before you leave the house. You shouldn't use the world as your guinea pig while your learning the basics.

Please do not knowingly carry uncomfortably. Being a man an admitting your lack of knowledge on a subject is the first step IMO. ^^ Great Advice.

ShooterMcGavin
04-24-2009, 08:42 AM

lollerskates, epic :lmao:

SL65AMG
04-24-2009, 09:26 AM
Carry it no problem just dont OC unless you have a badge. :ninja:

why should you OC only if you have a badge. i know people that OC on a daily basis and have never been hassled about it. just know where you can and cannot carry and you will be fine.

uproot
04-24-2009, 09:33 AM
I didn't know people went hunting in movie theaters.

SL65AMG
04-24-2009, 09:42 AM
I didn't know people went hunting in movie theaters.

its the cool new thing dude. get with the program....

speedminded
04-24-2009, 10:12 AM
Who here has been or knows anyone personally that has been robbed or car jacked and got shot during the process?

I have had guns put in my face and I've been shot at, never carried in public and have never been injured or lost a single $1 though. I feel fortunate considering the situations and areas I've been in. The way I see it is if you pull a gun on somebody with a gun you're asking for a gun fight, bullets fly, and somebody is going to get hurt or killed...

ShooterMcGavin
04-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Who here has been or knows anyone personally that has been robbed or car jacked and got shot during the process?

I have had guns put in my face and I've been shot at, never carried in public and have never been injured or lost a single $1 though. I feel fortunate considering the situations and areas I've been in. The way I see it is if you pull a gun on somebody with a gun you're asking for a gun fight, bullets fly, and somebody is going to get hurt or killed...

your luck may not carry over to someone else.

Danny
04-24-2009, 11:52 AM

You obviously bet your life on luck, me and most other people do not do this. I like being prepared.

And as far as pulling a gun on someone with a gun: every gun owner either knows or should knows that soon as they clear leather the situation is going to be escalated multiple times. By no means do i automatically drawl my weapon just because someone has a gun to me, to assume this is the default reaction every time is foolish (not saying you do). A gun is simply one tool of many, each situation requires a different tool, and some situations may call for a a prayer instead.

Soon as the BG pulls a gun on you a gunfight has allready started and the only safe assumption in that situation is that your going to be dead within the next 60 seconds or so. BGs walking away from things like this may be acceptable to you, but in reality they should be in a body bag.

81911SC
04-24-2009, 11:56 AM

I have had guns put in my face and I've been shot at, never carried in public and have never been injured or lost a single $1 though. I feel fortunate considering the situations and areas I've been in. The way I see it is if you pull a gun on somebody with a gun you're asking for a gun fight, bullets fly, and somebody is going to get hurt or killed...I would never pull it unless it was needed. I would rather have something to defend myself then nothing at all.

Killer
04-24-2009, 01:22 PM
Of course. I never said anything about keeping your gun at home where it should be

keeping your gun at home where it should be.............. ............ ...........

yeah that'd be fine if the fucktards doing the muggin had that mentality....

patrick4588
04-24-2009, 02:11 PM
that cartoon was awesome.

speedminded
04-25-2009, 10:24 PM
your luck may not carry over to someone else.When you got carjacked/robbed walk me through the process of when you would have pulled a gun. When they are right there with a gun to your head, when they are running away, or when they are driving off in your car?

You obviously bet your life on luck, me and most other people do not do this. I like being prepared.

And as far as pulling a gun on someone with a gun: every gun owner either knows or should knows that soon as they clear leather the situation is going to be escalated multiple times. By no means do i automatically drawl my weapon just because someone has a gun to me, to assume this is the default reaction every time is foolish (not saying you do). A gun is simply one tool of many, each situation requires a different tool, and some situations may call for a a prayer instead.

Soon as the BG pulls a gun on you a gunfight has allready started and the only safe assumption in that situation is that your going to be dead within the next 60 seconds or so. BGs walking away from things like this may be acceptable to you, but in reality they should be in a body bag.How am I betting on luck? Prepared when someone puts a gun to your head you'll pull your gun out too? When someone next to you starts spraying your car you're going to stick around a little longer and shoot back?

Say you're walking down the street and someone puts a gun to your back demanding money...are you going to agree, turn around, then pull your gun out instead of your wallet? If it's not a shot that blows the back of their head out then they are still going to be capable of firing off rounds. Or do you agree, give them the money, then shoot them when they are running off?

Don't get me wrong though, I am an advocate of guns and using them but this thread started on the topic of carrying in a movie theater. Downtown we always kept the .40 tucked in directly behind the seatbelt release so if there was an issue the assailant would never see what hit them. As you're releasing the seatbelt with the left hand you pull the buckle up and back across with the gun in your right hand, bringing both across together at the same time. Keeping your right wrist firmly against the seat belt buckle or left hand will insure you don't blow off that hand plus be much more accurate when firing. Unfortunately anyone in a car will not be able to hear for days if you fire a gun inside it lol. :doh:

Truegiant
04-26-2009, 10:02 AM
I will agree to disagree.

Most people that pull guns on other folks have no intention of squeezing the trigger. Do I put my life on chance or statistics, no. Like danny mentioned before. If I have my wallet out and am getting money out of the atm and I have a gun drawn on me am I going to immediately draw on the guy if he has a distinct tactical advantage? No. I am going to throw my money at him in hopes of allowing the guy to take the money and run away.

Open carrying draws uneccessary attention way to much. There are to many anti gun fockers around the world who are intimidated and to many kids who get the idea that your john wayne and want to come up and "ask to see it". Each situation calls for a multitude of rapid situational awareness thought processess. Am I going to say that the atm robber will always get the money thrown at him no. It will depend on location, people that are in range, how much light or lack there of is out, ability to shoot to cover, weather, etc.. You are not always going to when a shoot out. You have to understand that tools only work as well as the person behind it. I can promise you a framer can throw a hammer hella better than i can.

We could get into a million "what if" scenarios and could "war game" the hell out of this topic but the fact of the matter is. If you dont feel comfortable and have not trained enough for the scenario dont try and be a hero. That is how little suzy and her mom got shot up by rookie cops all over the USA about 10 years ago. The lack of training on the officers part during the baby boomer generation caused alot of collateral damage. A cop would start getting rounds shot at them and try for immediate fire suppression. That might work in a one on one environment but not in a shopping mall or grocery store. Anywho..

patrick4588
04-26-2009, 07:29 PM
why should you OC only if you have a badge. i know people that OC on a daily basis and have never been hassled about it. just know where you can and cannot carry and you will be fine.

i think he meant dont OC to the movie theater without a badge.

koukis14
04-26-2009, 09:59 PM
Spoke with the LEO at Merchants Walk Friday night. He said I was allowed to carry in the theater and felt all law biding citizens should.

Danny
04-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Spoke with the LEO at Merchants Walk Friday night. He said I was allowed to carry in the theater and felt all law biding citizens should.

that's good. but honestly cops are the last person to ask about gun laws, although a few know what they are talking about.

ShooterMcGavin
04-26-2009, 10:20 PM
that's good. but honestly cops are the last person to ask about gun laws, although a few know what they are talking about.
yep, luckily the one he talked to did seem to know his shit so props to him, if only more were like him.

koukis14
04-27-2009, 08:34 AM

He was cool. Probably close to 50 and jacked. He had a swat badge on. The first thing he did when I asked him was looked at my waist. I held my hand out and said it's in the car. I ask every cop I see just to guage their response. They all say the same thing. They support the second ammendment and ALWAYS tell the cop you have a gun and where.

Danny
04-27-2009, 08:39 AM
thats good you found a knowledgeable one. Alot do seem to know thier stuff, but alot dont.

Tarzanman
04-27-2009, 10:02 AM
If they let people open carry then I would bring a bazooka to the theater. Ain't no one ever brought a bazooka to the Regal Hollywood 24!