PDA

View Full Version : Ahh the mountains..

§treet_§peed
04-21-2009, 12:58 AM
.Went sunday for a ride thru the mountains on my bike with my friend on his cbr 600rr. he regretted not taking his D40 along to grab some pics. very fun i must say second time i have rode a bike thru the mountains. more than enough in cars, but damn, so much more fun and a hell of a rush on a bike. I have only a meassly qauter inch chicken strip now lol. Damn those sport touring tires can hang. It was fun i almost paniced twice. but i remembered what i read about how to not panic and hold it thru the turns. i just realxed and told myself to lean like a btich. then bam around we go. it was crazy i wish i would of had full leathers on because once i was so low if i stuck my knee out it would of been on the ground lol. blue jean covered knees scrapping the pavement at 40 mph not good lulz. it was fun until the return down the scenic 129 route. we fell in behind a prius which thought he could hang curves like no other. he kept crossing way of the yellow line and white line in the curves we held back about 3 car lengths incase the idiot wrecked. well we made it to the passing zone and we kicked it and passed him he flipped us off as we passed and blew his horn but screw that im not gonna slam into his car when his fucks up in front of us. i kept hoping that his would spin out and slam into the side of the mountain. well after passing him i was still in front of my friend then this kid in a GT-R hauled ass passed me crossing the yellow line completely and still almost side swiped me. i was really hoping that idiot did hit me. but all in all very fun day we are planning on doing a longer one this wensday if anyon is down let me know.

dazn
04-21-2009, 05:55 PM
be careful up there. take your time, ride your pace, leave your ego at home.
work on being smooth not fast, the speed comes later.
you may have felt low,but if you have any chicken strip left then you wouldnt have been dragging a knee, especially you are not hanging off a lot. not saying its hard to do, but it has a lot to do with proper body position not just lean angle.
but like I said, have fun, but be safe.
check this video out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpmi-jKr7uE

§treet_§peed
04-21-2009, 09:30 PM
well like i was saying i was riding at a pace i felt comfortable with if i was passed o well. i stayed within my comfort zone. my friend was behind me and told me i thought you were either gonna touch the ground or lay it down because you were so low. im trying to work on hanging off the bike so i don't have to lean as hard. but im not trying to kill myself in the process. i wasn't riding as fast as some of the others that were up there but i enjoyed myself none the less. all worth it imo.

AnthonyF
04-23-2009, 01:53 PM
dazn-that vid was very good. The music wasn't that bad either. Very calming.

-Ant.

GIXXERDK
04-23-2009, 02:16 PM
I suggest you join up on BSB or GSB and get an experienced rider to lead. Follow his lines, form, etc. but don't try to keep up. You did well when you stayed in your comfort zone.

dazn
04-23-2009, 05:48 PM
dazn-that vid was very good. The music wasn't that bad either. Very calming.

-Ant.
thanks, there are more on my channel. I try to pick very different styles of music to put in my videos. a little something for almost everyone, i just wont do country.

AnthonyF
04-23-2009, 06:26 PM
^check reps. :goodjob:

-Ant.

dazn
04-23-2009, 06:38 PM
lol, best reps Ive ever gotten.

§treet_§peed
04-24-2009, 12:34 AM
I suggest you join up on BSB or GSB and get an experienced rider to lead. Follow his lines, form, etc. but don't try to keep up. You did well when you stayed in your comfort zone.im on gsb but my schedule is so fucked up i can never get anyone to go when i can. i mean as far as in following lines i can almost see them. i try to apex hard turns, well hell almost every turn. my friend was going to slow lol.

Elbow
04-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Yep by your post you are a noob to bikes and will get yourself killed. I have seen so many people on bikes die up there, and so many wrecks, especially when trying to keep up with cars driving fast. If you can't even knee drag yet don't talk shit to me about riding.

Tech5
04-24-2009, 09:41 AM
yeah great vid!!!

§treet_§peed
04-24-2009, 10:37 AM
lol i can't knee drag because i don't have the gear to knee drag.

§treet_§peed
04-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Yep by your post you are a noob to bikes and will get yourself killed. I have seen so many people on bikes die up there, and so many wrecks, especially when trying to keep up with cars driving fast. If you can't even knee drag yet don't talk shit to me about riding.o and i wasn't trying to keep up with cars going fast i was trying to pass the dumb asses that were weaving and almost wrecking. obviously you don't realize how dangerous that is.

Hondatwin23
04-24-2009, 10:51 AM
i want to try a mountain riding once.....nice vid

Thighs
04-24-2009, 10:56 AM
wtf is a chicken strip? mmm, i want some from DQ now....

Elbow
04-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Why not STOP and wait for the idiot to be gone? lol THAT would be the smart thing to do, not PASS a weaving CAR on a BIKE.

gottraction?
04-24-2009, 01:18 PM
yea stay in your comfort zone man. I think im decently fast and i dont have to drag a knee to do it. so work on your position. And a chicken strip is the part of the tire that he doesnt ever ride on lol

Tech5
04-24-2009, 02:12 PM
yea stay in your comfort zone man. I think im decently fast and i dont have to drag a knee to do it. so work on your position. And a chicken strip is the part of the tire that he doesnt ever ride on lol

don't make me come out an show you up D:lmfao:

dazn
04-24-2009, 05:33 PM
lol i can't knee drag because i don't have the gear to knee drag.

hate to break it to you, but its not the gear holding you back. I dont even have to see you ride to know that. It will give you a bit of a confidence boost knowing you a little bit safer now and it will probably make you stick you knee way out just to try and drag it, but its probably not gonna touch. get someone to take some pictures of you taking a few corners and examine yourself.
you will probably see that your body position is off and your lean angle isnt near as much as you feel and that your knee is actually still 6 inches off the ground. pretty much everyone has been there. I remember looking at my first pics and I was like "I ride like that? WTF?" :lmfao:. It really is a good way to work on body position.

http://dzone.smugmug.com/gallery/5224270_8trxZ#317264178_DHra5

look at picture #22. the bike is leaned over a decent amount but his form is way off. see how he is leaning to the opposite side of the lean angle? no good.

http://dzone.smugmug.com/gallery/5224270_8trxZ#317282557_q5Ho2
now picture #38. This guy is leaned over far enough to drag a knee. but hes not quite hanging off enough. he is hanging off a little, but not quite there yet.

http://dzone.smugmug.com/gallery/5224270_8trxZ#317290812_zZTZb

picture #37 shows proper form and good lean angle. aim for something like this for the street.

§treet_§peed
04-25-2009, 12:44 AM
^ lol thats what we did we took some hard curves and looked at ourselves. my friend has a d40 anyways good quality pics. But yeah we were both like damn i felt like i was leaning harder. we are both working on getting better body position when entering and exiting curves. the whole thing i mean about knew draging is i don't feel as compelled to bust ass without full gear compared to riding hard with jeans boots and a jacket.

§treet_§peed
04-25-2009, 12:48 AM
all good form comes with learning and time for EVERYONE. but ill take it easy and learn proper form. instead of busting ass with bad forming and risk a bad outcome.

Elbow
04-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Is this your first bike? What is it a 600? I first knee dragged on a 250. Best bike I have ridden lol, so light you can toss it right in and learn a lot about form and what not. I just turn in with a naked light feeling, pushing the bars, and don't hop back on the seat until you are straight again. I also learned quite a bit listening to Kevin Schwantz all the time.

dazn
04-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Is this your first bike? What is it a 600? I first knee dragged on a 250. Best bike I have ridden lol, so light you can toss it right in and learn a lot about form and what not. I just turn in with a naked light feeling, pushing the bars, and don't hop back on the seat until you are straight again. I also learned quite a bit listening to Kevin Schwantz all the time.

that only hold true if you got a nice straightaway in front of you. if your in some esses or chicanes, then your already starting to move your body to the other side as soon as you hit the apex of the first corner. the style of the rider plays a fairly big role in that also. some get back on quickly so they can weight the outside peg more to put the power down.

§treet_§peed
04-26-2009, 08:05 AM
its not the first bike i have ridden. i learned on a different one.

slow_hatch
04-26-2009, 08:09 AM
that only hold true if you got a nice straightaway in front of you. if your in some esses or chicanes, then your already starting to move your body to the other side as soon as you hit the apex of the first corner. the style of the rider plays a fairly big role in that also. some get back on quickly so they can weight the outside peg more to put the power down.

Pssft, you guys are doing it all wrong. lol, this is how its suppose to look
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x296/jonsigs/140.jpg
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/4552/img0285qf4.jpg

§treet_§peed
04-26-2009, 08:17 AM
lulz

dazn
04-26-2009, 08:38 AM
I can so do that.

pic#1 is when Im about to lowside.
pic#2 is when Im about to highside.

Elbow
04-26-2009, 09:51 AM

Well yeah that's what I meant lol.

slow_hatch
04-26-2009, 07:01 PM
I can so do that.

pic#1 is when Im about to lowside.
pic#2 is when Im about to highside.

You get any vid from sat??

dazn
04-26-2009, 09:16 PM
yea,im still working on getting it all together, its a bunch of video.
i didnt get you backing it into Richard Russel though,haha.

slow_hatch
04-26-2009, 09:50 PM
yea,im still working on getting it all together, its a bunch of video.
i didnt get you backing it into Richard Russel though,haha.

Eh, oh well. Had one or two good ones on 180 too. BTW what type of metal is in your sliders?? I wanna make some boot sliders :crazy:

yungdz
04-26-2009, 09:54 PM
I was up there today. Happen to see my car in my sig along with a couple of other subies?

slow_hatch
04-26-2009, 09:58 PM
I was up there today. Happen to see my car in my sig along with a couple of other subies?

Yup think so, I however was with the wife and daughter in her car though. Saw you guys on 129.

Subleg4
04-27-2009, 06:49 AM
hate to break it to you, but its not the gear holding you back. I dont even have to see you ride to know that. It will give you a bit of a confidence boost knowing you a little bit safer now and it will probably make you stick you knee way out just to try and drag it, but its probably not gonna touch. get someone to take some pictures of you taking a few corners and examine yourself.
you will probably see that your body position is off and your lean angle isnt near as much as you feel and that your knee is actually still 6 inches off the ground. pretty much everyone has been there. I remember looking at my first pics and I was like "I ride like that? WTF?" :lmfao:. It really is a good way to work on body position.

http://dzone.smugmug.com/gallery/5224270_8trxZ#317264178_DHra5

look at picture #22. the bike is leaned over a decent amount but his form is way off. see how he is leaning to the opposite side of the lean angle? no good.

http://dzone.smugmug.com/gallery/5224270_8trxZ#317282557_q5Ho2
now picture #38. This guy is leaned over far enough to drag a knee. but hes not quite hanging off enough. he is hanging off a little, but not quite there yet.

http://dzone.smugmug.com/gallery/5224270_8trxZ#317290812_zZTZb

picture #37 shows proper form and good lean angle. aim for something like this for the street.

Good post, you can learn a lot from pictures

dazn
04-27-2009, 06:49 AM

i think I saw you guys on 180. I was part of the 50cc scooter race yesterday.

and brad, the pucks are titanium. I finished the 180 vid last night, ill have it up tonight whenI get off work. The camera was pointed too low though,so I mostly only got jesse. but I think the 60 north ones should be good too.

Elbow
04-27-2009, 07:08 AM
Was there really? Pics lol.

dazn
04-27-2009, 05:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFs7RZet-LE

heres 180. i can see you taking the shortcut, then you see jesse cut out early too, lol. when you backed it into RR, even Cody was like like "OK, im selling the thou and getting a supermoto."
ill have the 129 vids done tonight probably.

Hondatwin23
04-28-2009, 08:52 AM
nice

§treet_§peed
04-28-2009, 09:32 AM
nice video