PDA

View Full Version : filing for title.....

Master Shake
04-20-2009, 06:53 PM
a guy i know has a car sitting at his shop.

ITS BEEN ABANDONED!!!! what all do i need to do to file for a title for the car. i'm looking to take new ownership.

Master Shake
04-20-2009, 09:50 PM
so no one knows anything about this?

Bus Driver J
04-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Im not sure about abandoned but.....
You could just file for it as a bonded title. Just make a Bill of Sale, have it so a friend of yours sold you the car. On the paperwork just say your friend lost the title before he could transfer it into his name.
This is if you think there will be NO issues getting a new title for it, ie the original owner isnt NOT going to try and get the car back.
I know it may sound shady but it could work.

Master Shake
04-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Im not sure about abandoned but.....
You could just file for it as a bonded title. Just make a Bill of Sale, have it so a friend of yours sold you the car. On the paperwork just say your friend lost the title before he could transfer it into his name.
This is if you think there will be NO issues getting a new title for it, ie the original owner isnt NOT going to try and get the car back.
I know it may sound shady but it could work.slight history on the car and tell me if it would work....

the shop its at, i was told, the car was taken there about 4-5 years go. dropped off and no one has ever came back for it or anything. well, i found out about the car and i would like to take over ownership so i can rep it hardcore.

Bus Driver J
04-20-2009, 11:19 PM
hmmmmm, it might work. Not 100% though. You could get the shop to do a mechanics lien on the car and take possession that way.....
But like I said, if you think no one would ever come back for it then just do a normal title bond like in my previous post. I bonded the title for my Civic and it cost $110 total, mine was legit though. GeorgiaTitleBond.com

Master Shake
04-23-2009, 08:55 AM
hmmmmm, it might work. Not 100% though. You could get the shop to do a mechanics lien on the car and take possession that way.....
But like I said, if you think no one would ever come back for it then just do a normal title bond like in my previous post. I bonded the title for my Civic and it cost $110 total, mine was legit though. GeorgiaTitleBond.com (http://GeorgiaTitleBond.com)only downside is, i don't know anything about it. for all i know, it could be a stolen vehicle dropped off there. i just want to find out a way where i can take legal ownership.

edit: my mom's boyfriend is the one who told me about the car. and his brother owns the shop. BUT he didn't want to deal with all the bs to get the title and has never did anything about it. i'm thinking he doesn't want to have anything to do with the car since it was abandoned.

Mista Foe-Doe
04-23-2009, 09:25 AM
I'm going through the same prblem I brought a car and the prev. Owner lost the title so I called the tag office and they said I can't do any thng without the prev. Owner he has to apply for a duplicate title and den tranfer it over to me. Dats wht I was told.. and if the car is 25 years old they Dnt have to have a title to get a tag

Black4DrEK
04-23-2009, 09:32 AM
What kind of car is it?

Just part it out!

Master Shake
04-23-2009, 10:04 AM
What kind of car is it?

Just part it out!i know that wasn't to me.....

but the answer is HELL NO!!!
i want to drive it. parting it out would set me back farther then just fixing it.

the car isn't quite 25 years old yet. about 20. its a mid-late 80's car.

Bus Driver J
04-23-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm going through the same prblem I brought a car and the prev. Owner lost the title so I called the tag office and they said I can't do any thng without the prev. Owner he has to apply for a duplicate title and den tranfer it over to me. Dats wht I was told.. and if the car is 25 years old they Dnt have to have a title to get a tag
Just go to the link I posted in post #5. Thats exactly what I did and everything went smooth as butter.

Master Shake
04-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Just go to the link I posted in post #5. Thats exactly what I did and everything went smooth as butter.reps to you for being the only person to have any input on this.

thanks a lot man.

Bus Driver J
04-23-2009, 06:36 PM
No prob man. What actually happened in my case was this:
I bought the car from a guy who had it for like 6 months. He never transferred the title to his name. When he sold me the car he signed it as the buyer and the signed it in the dealer seller section as well. This pretty much made the title junk. I wasnt about to waste my time to find the owner on the title and have him reapply for a title and then "sell" me the car. He could flip on me and take the car back. So I went this route.
Hope it works for you man.

Master Shake
04-25-2009, 12:28 AM
No prob man. What actually happened in my case was this:
I bought the car from a guy who had it for like 6 months. He never transferred the title to his name. When he sold me the car he signed it as the buyer and the signed it in the dealer seller section as well. This pretty much made the title junk. I wasnt about to waste my time to find the owner on the title and have him reapply for a title and then "sell" me the car. He could flip on me and take the car back. So I went this route.
Hope it works for you man.thanks, i just know the car is abandoned and has been sitting for quite a few years with no word on anything about the car.