PDA

View Full Version : Shipping wheels?

Oz10
04-20-2009, 11:42 AM
I need to ship some wheels and I would like a little guidance from someone who's done it before.

Should I have the tires taken off to lower the cost or does that really matter?

Whats the best thing to package them in? (these are expensive wheels)

Should i stay away from UPS? (I've heard a few horror storys)

And lastly what should I expect to have to pay?

If you can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. :goodjob:

Oz10
04-21-2009, 11:26 AM
Thanks for all the help assholes...

Bruce Leroy
04-21-2009, 11:38 AM

Greyhound Package Xpress. Take em to a greyhound station. Not only is it cheapest, but there's no machinery involved like at FedEx/other places, so the chance of them getting damaged is lower. At Greyhound, a person loads them on the bus, then unloads them at the destination. At FedEx, it's all machines that have hooks and sorters and stuff... plenty of opportunity for them to get bonked around.

It'll probably be about $42 per wheel... I've shipped a couple of different oversize things with them over the last few weeks and they've all been within a dollar of $42. Everything from big, lightweight stuff (a fender) to smaller stuff that weighed a ton (chiseled cement sculpture the size of like a bookbag that weighed about 50lbs lol). They were all pretty close to $42.

Andy_013
04-21-2009, 11:39 AM
When I had the work and falken wheels shipped in the seller left the tires on and remove some of the air. Both wheels come in a box that would fit a 27" tv and cardboard in the middle. Both of them did come with UPS, but the tracking sucks. I had to pay about 100-150 for shipping.

Ol' Gregg
04-21-2009, 11:46 AM
well most the time its like 100 dollars for 4 depending on size and with or without tires. If you ship from a business to a business its alot cheaper. PM me if ya need anything else

Oz10
04-21-2009, 01:04 PM
I appreciate the help everybody!

Sammich
04-21-2009, 01:06 PM
yea its about $100 to ship four wheels and about $200 to ship four wheels and tires...

i had UPS package and ship four wheels and tires for me and it ran just under $200 for everything