PDA

View Full Version : Misc Renter Liability

Mangrum
04-20-2009, 08:44 AM
hey yall i have a question and i am hoping that someone on here is familiar with this. I am in the process of renting my first house. When i had talked to the landlord he told us that we would be able to rent the house with the 6 of us and there would be no liability on us. Meaning if someone bailed that we would not have to pay for that persons portion, that we would only be responsible for our portion and our portion only. When we met with the leasing agent he said that under georgia law he cannot do that in the lease. I was wondering if that actually true? if the lease agent or the landlord wanted to state that in the lease if it is possible to do that? A website where i can actually verify this would also be really helpful.. thank you very much.

Ed
04-20-2009, 08:47 AM
im no expert at this, but as far as i know, if all 6 of you sign the lease, you are all liable.

yes, if one leaves, and the rest only pay "their parts," the credit or leasing history for all 6 of you will be fucked... not just his.

then again im no expert, but thats my personal experience take on it.

6 roommates dude? i hope theres at least a couple of girls.... sausage party ftl.