PDA

View Full Version : The Obama Deception

§treet_§peed
04-20-2009, 02:49 AM
Like i said, a fucking bitch. Well technically, he is someones bitch. A good actor like i said before. Last real president was Kennedy. i suggest watching..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaQNACwaLw

§treet_§peed
04-20-2009, 02:51 AM
All the lies and pledges he has not and will not keep. Like bringing the troops home. What a fucking joke. lol such a joke. America is so fucking gullible and stupid. go to bed people big brother will protect you. Big brother is giving you the shaft up the ass without lube. Remember kids, when you stand up for America and/or yourself, you get assassinated.

§treet_§peed
04-20-2009, 02:54 AM
so who is my secrete guest in here?

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (2 members and 0 guests)
§treet_§peed

Total_Blender
04-20-2009, 05:41 AM
so who is my secrete guest in here?

Agent Smith, perhaps?

http://mirror.servut.us/kuvat/meinung/even_agent_smith_thinks_youre_retarded.jpg

If you believe Alex Jones and his monkey ass videos, I feel sorry for you. Jones is playing off of the ignorance of people who are too stupid to know that what he does in not journalism, its not fact based, its just his own conjecture. He is pulling this shite out of his ass and serving it to you guys like the blue plate special. Eat up. :goodjob:

bowdown201
04-20-2009, 07:37 AM
Ths has already been posted before

§treet_§peed
04-20-2009, 11:22 AM
and thats fine. good watch imo. if its so fake then why are most things he said happening?

SL65AMG
04-20-2009, 02:13 PM
whos dumber? someone who believes Obamas bullshit or someone who believes Alex Jones's "bullshit"? i mean Alex Jones may be a bit out there but at least if you're listening to what he is saying youre at least acknowledging that theres a problem. if you believe Obamas bullshit then you obviously have no clue and are just another sheep following its sheppard.

preferredduck
04-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Agent Smith, perhaps?

http://mirror.servut.us/kuvat/meinung/even_agent_smith_thinks_youre_retarded.jpg

If you believe Alex Jones and his monkey ass videos, I feel sorry for you. Jones is playing off of the ignorance of people who are too stupid to know that what he does in not journalism, its not fact based, its just his own conjecture. He is pulling this shite out of his ass and serving it to you guys like the blue plate special. Eat up. :goodjob:

hmm obama promised that every bill that congress votes on would have a minimum of 5 days for public review on the web and for the congressmen to read over. that did not happen we spent 3 trillion in less than 11 hours with "midnight" closed door meetings. there is no transparency as promised on that note. i wish i could spend 3 trillion in 10 hours and get away with it.

Total_Blender
04-20-2009, 03:19 PM
but at least if you're listening to what he is saying youre at least acknowledging that theres a problem. if you believe Obamas bullshit then you obviously have no clue and are just another sheep following its sheppard.

I agree with you that there is a problem, but I think we disagree on the causes of and solutions to the problem. And I don't agree 100% with Obama, but I do believe he is taking some of the necessary steps to correct the problems. Alex Jones, Fox News, and the GOP, on the other hand are doing nothing to solve the problem. They will tell you all about the problem, but what are they doing to help except inciting panic and negativity?

What is the conservative obsession with calling everyone sheep? If you buy the crap that Jones is selling you without being critical of the gaping holes in his arguments, how his arguments are not fact based and have no attribution, and how he uses manipulative techniques such as hasty generalization and false dichotomy, then it is you who are being led like a sheep. Anyone with an ounce of critical thinking skill can cut through his b/s like a hot knife through butter.

Total_Blender
04-20-2009, 04:07 PM
. i wish i could spend 3 trillion in 10 hours and get away with it.

The republicans had plenty of time to vote against it. :ninja:

BanginJimmy
04-20-2009, 04:40 PM
The republicans had plenty of time to vote against it. :ninja:

tHEY DID EXCEPT FOR 3 OF THEM.

SL65AMG
04-20-2009, 07:21 PM
I agree with you that there is a problem, but I think we disagree on the causes of and solutions to the problem. And I don't agree 100% with Obama, but I do believe he is taking some of the necessary steps to correct the problems. Alex Jones, Fox News, and the GOP, on the other hand are doing nothing to solve the problem. They will tell you all about the problem, but what are they doing to help except inciting panic and negativity?

What is the conservative obsession with calling everyone sheep? If you buy the crap that Jones is selling you without being critical of the gaping holes in his arguments, how his arguments are not fact based and have no attribution, and how he uses manipulative techniques such as hasty generalization and false dichotomy, then it is you who are being led like a sheep. Anyone with an ounce of critical thinking skill can cut through his b/s like a hot knife through butter.

i didnt say i agreed with him. i actually said "hes a bit out there". although im sure there are a few things i would agree on....dont ask me what, i dont listen to him very much

and yeah im tired of all of these people saying oh we need to fix _______ but not having a solution....

NAMNORI
04-20-2009, 09:14 PM
hey Total if you can see through all of the bullshit then why don't you give some ideas or a solution to fix the problem that we are facing right now? Because you like everybody else can't figure the solution because there isn't one. We've been fucking up our economy for so long that it was inevidable that this would happen. We actually need a war to star us sit back and watch then get involved when the other world powers will pay for our resources, ala WWII! That's about the only thing that will pull us up out of this. The spending is only going to push this on other generations and fuck them up.

Total_Blender
04-20-2009, 10:47 PM
hey Total if you can see through all of the bullshit then why don't you give some ideas or a solution to fix the problem that we are facing right now?

Well, mr. dyslexic ironman, I do have a few ideas:

1.) Instead of bailing out the banks we should have let them go chapter 13 and instead used that money for something else. The credit market needs to slow down. Most businesses aren't looking for credit to expand, if anything they are trying to shrink, and consumers are hesitant to run up a bunch of debt with shite the way it is.

2.) We could have establishd some sort of basic health care for the 46 million (IIRC) Americans without insurance. A plan like this would circulate pretty much every dollar spent on it back in to the consumer economy, because previously uninsured people would now have access to doctors, and the doctors and hospitals would have more business, creating jobs, etc etc. As opposed to having those dollars get wiped out in a stock collapse like they did with AIG.

3.) I'd have been tougher on the auto inustry, increasing mileage requirements for all vehicles as a condition of recieving federal bailout money. I'd have them drop redundant product lines (no more badge engineering). At the same time I would study ways to work with safety standards and such to make it easier for them to make vehicles that are globally competitive rather than only competitive in the domestic market.

4.) I would have put more of the stimulus into education and job tranining programs and not so much on things like wildlife preservation and maintainence of gov't facilities and vehicle fleets. I would also significantly raise the bar for any public school which recieves federal money. Rather than standardized tests, school systems would be rated with exit survery of how their students place in the job market and in universities. Highschools with high dropout rates, low rates of college acceptance, and poor rates of job placement would be put on a sort of "chapter 13" untill they achieve results.

5.) I would withdraw from Iraq as soon as possible, redeploying some forces to Afghanistan.

6.) Legalization of Marijuana and an end to almost all "war on drugs" efforts related to marijuana. The DEA would be absorbed into the ATF and they would focus on harder drugs like cocaine, heroin, and meth. Marijuana would be left for the states to decide, but if they did decide to have it, it would be subject to a federal tax.

Total_Blender
04-20-2009, 11:03 PM
We actually need a war to star us sit back and watch then get involved when the other world powers will pay for our resources, ala WWII! That's about the only thing that will pull us up out of this. The spending is only going to push this on other generations and fuck them up.

Spending on wars is still deficit spending. Money isn't just magically created because theres a war going on. With WWII it was war bonds. Nowadays its loans from China. Either way its still a deficit. and just like WWII, we would be attacked and dragged into it some way or the other. Why would they buy the resources from us when they could just take them. :ninja:

BanginJimmy
04-20-2009, 11:13 PM

1.) Instead of bailing out the banks we should have let them go chapter 13 and instead used that money for something else. The credit market needs to slow down. Most businesses aren't looking for credit to expand, if anything they are trying to shrink, and consumers are hesitant to run up a bunch of debt with shite the way it is.

100% in agreement on your here. I would go a step further and repeal any of the govt intrusion legislation such as the CRA.

2.) We could have establishd some sort of basic health care for the 46 million (IIRC) Americans without insurance. A plan like this would circulate pretty much every dollar spent on it back in to the consumer economy, because previously uninsured people would now have access to doctors, and the doctors and hospitals would have more business, creating jobs, etc etc. As opposed to having those dollars get wiped out in a stock collapse like they did with AIG.

What about the people that pay for their own insurance? Are we just going to float the bill for everyone else? I am against any and all govt handouts that come at the expense of the tax paying citizen.

3.) I'd have been tougher on the auto inustry, increasing mileage requirements for all vehicles as a condition of recieving federal bailout money. I'd have them drop redundant product lines (no more badge engineering). At the same time I would study ways to work with safety standards and such to make it easier for them to make vehicles that are globally competitive rather than only competitive in the domestic market.

Making the vehicles less competitive isnt going to help them. CAFE standards are one of the things that are killing the auto industry. American vehicles greatest hurdle to overseas sales, especially in Asia, is importation controls and tariffs. Those do not allow american made vehicles to compete on a level playing field with domestically produced ones.

4.) I would have put more of the stimulus into education and job tranining programs and not so much on things like wildlife preservation and maintainence of gov't facilities and vehicle fleets. I would also significantly raise the bar for any public school which recieves federal money. Rather than standardized tests, school systems would be rated with exit survery of how their students place in the job market and in universities. Highschools with high dropout rates, low rates of college acceptance, and poor rates of job placement would be put on a sort of "chapter 13" untill they achieve results.

You are one of the first I have seen that I agree with on education reform. For years this country has graded our teachers by the number of students that pass, not the quality of students that pass. If a certain percentage of students fail at a certain test, making the test easier isnt the answer. Start removing the useless teachers and you will start to see American student scrape themselves off the bottom rung in education.

5.) I would withdraw from Iraq as soon as possible, redeploying some forces to Afghanistan.

If we just pick up and leave Iraq we will be back inside of a year. I'm not going to debate you on why we are there because we cant turn back the clock and re-evaluate the decision. The simple fact is that if we leave too early it will lead to a disaster and we will leave the same power vacuum we left in Aghanistan when we pulled out of there. We all know the aftermath of that dont we.

6.) Legalization of Marijuana and an end to almost all "war on drugs" efforts related to marijuana. The DEA would be absorbed into the ATF and they would focus on harder drugs like cocaine, heroin, and meth. Marijuana would be left for the states to decide, but if they did decide to have it, it would be subject to a federal tax.

I actually agree with you. I'm not for marijuana legalization, but I will not argue if it is a decision made by the independent states.

Total_Blender
04-21-2009, 12:02 AM
What I meant in "as soon as possible" is that of course we can't draw down 100%. we would have to continue the "Vietnamization" (for lack of a better word" of the Iraqi security forces, and have a draw down that occurrs in stages. Which is pretty much the course Obama has planned.

The biggest hurdle IMO is going to be setting Iraq up to have peaceful relations with its neighbors. :crazy:

browningboy7
04-21-2009, 12:13 AM
All the lies and pledges he has not and will not keep. Like bringing the troops home. What a fucking joke. lol such a joke. America is so fucking gullible and stupid. go to bed people big brother will protect you. Big brother is giving you the shaft up the ass without lube. Remember kids, when you stand up for America and/or yourself, you get assassinated.

You left this pic of you on my camera, Here is your copy so I can delete it off the camera...Kthx bai.

http://cmacivor.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/tin-foil-hat.jpg

§treet_§peed
04-21-2009, 12:37 AM
fail brownieboy

§treet_§peed
04-21-2009, 12:41 AM
im saying that obama is doing more for banks that are misusing the peoples money than he is doing for the working middle class which is the legs that support the US if not the world. I am all for the millage increase for all cars being mandatory. If one car company can get 40mpg then all can, if not more. What about the closed door meetings with the richest people in the world that Obama and the other world leaders attend? If you look at it, the people have no more say in what goes on anymore. We haven't for a long time. What irritates me is when people say that Obama is the greatest thing to ever happen. He IS FAR FROM IT.

§treet_§peed
04-21-2009, 12:43 AM
what about the threats that congress people have had if they did not pass a bill? How do you answer that? what about the saying that vets from Iraq are ripe for the picking for a homeland patrol?

Total_Blender
04-21-2009, 07:44 AM
What about the closed door meetings with the richest people in the world that Obama and the other world leaders attend?.

Every world leader since Alexander the Great has had some kind of "closed door meeting with the wealthy and powerful". Thats always been the way that power works.

As far as vets being ripe for this or that... its true. The job market for returning vets (and everyone else in general) is pretty dim. The only guaranteed job right now is re-enlistment. :ninja:

§treet_§peed
04-21-2009, 10:41 AM
but what type of re-enlistment?

SL65AMG
04-21-2009, 11:04 AM

agreed. get the govt out of the banks and let them run like a business and fail like a business

2.) We could have established some sort of basic health care for the 46 million (IIRC) Americans without insurance. A plan like this would circulate pretty much every dollar spent on it back in to the consumer economy, because previously uninsured people would now have access to doctors, and the doctors and hospitals would have more business, creating jobs, etc etc. As opposed to having those dollars get wiped out in a stock collapse like they did with AIG.

i would work on getting rates lowered. Doctors, dentists, etc, charge astronomically high prices to the ins. companies when they should and can be charging less. thats one of the reasons that insurance has gone through the roof.

AWAY with the UNIONS! they are the shackles on the legs of the auto industry. Out with the govt. and restore the ability to operate as a business as a standalone operation without the hand of Sam in there "helping out".

our public schools SUCK! i would definitely raise the bar on them.

eh, i dont know what to say about Iraq. personally i could give a fuck what happens over there. I would like to pull out entirely but i know that the shit hole would implode and/or be taken over by al qaeda if there was a complete exodus of american troops over there....

there is a terrible waste of money on this "war on Drugs" which is a crock of shit anyways. the govt makes money off of drugs so they wouldnt want them gone entirely. decriminalize mary jane and make the drug problem more of a social problem than a criminal one.

SL65AMG
04-21-2009, 11:06 AM
what about the threats that congress people have had if they did not pass a bill? How do you answer that? what about the saying that vets from Iraq are ripe for the picking for a homeland patrol?
i never quite understood the "threat on returning vets" bullshit. are they implying that citizens would try to kill them??-more or less

Total_Blender
04-21-2009, 12:27 PM
but what type of re-enlistment?

Re-enlisting in whatever service they are in. If they came out of one thing and went into something else it wouldn't be a re-enlistment.

i never quite understood the "threat on returning vets" bullshit. are they implying that citizens would try to kill them??-more or less

No I think he was referring to either returning vets going into right wing militias or homeland security. But you never know with him. :crazy:

As for GM, the unions, and the auto industry... GM has had years to figure it out on their own. They asked for the gov't to come in and thats what they got. Since the gov't has such a stake in GM now maybe they will re-negotiate a sustainable arrangement with the unions. That would be one of my priorities if I were in charge of a GM bailout, anyway.

NAMNORI
04-21-2009, 07:16 PM

Very good now get some support and run for office. Btw most people look at my name and say oh is that latin, so once again nice job. but seriously your ideas are damn near perfect and i agree with you 100%. Now do something about it and quit talking.

§treet_§peed
04-21-2009, 09:34 PM
lol im talking about the homeland militias privately and gov.'t owned.

Total_Blender
04-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Very good now get some support and run for office.

Too many skeletons in my closet to run for elected office.:D The best I can hope for is to rise through the ranks in the civil service then get appointed as an adivsor/strategist. I prefer to work behind the scenes, anyway. :goodjob:

NAMNORI
04-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Too many skeletons in my closet to run for elected office.:D The best I can hope for is to rise through the ranks in the civil service then get appointed as an adivsor/strategist. I prefer to work behind the scenes, anyway. :goodjob:

There's always advising Mr. Gingrich in 2012.

F8d2Blk
04-22-2009, 08:58 AM

Finally you give a point of view instead of attacking everyone on here. I do agree actually with most of your views.

1. The fuel efficient car thing will never happen, cause gas companies are to greedy and line politician pockets.
2. We already have healthcare for those can't afford it. Gov't pays.
3. Withdraw from Iraq and just put Saddam back in there, but wait he is dead so, who gives a rats ass what is going in in the middle east. It was none of our business anyway.
4. Let's drill our own oil. We have plenty.
5. I believe the 2 biggest reasons for healthcare costs (out of whack) simply boils down to insurance costs skyrocketing because of people wanting to sue all the time and the cost of living has gone through the roof. These 2 things
have forced the hand to keep their lifestyles up. Before meaning 10 years ago, a million dollar home was a 300-500,000 dollar home. I am sure healthcare is much cheaper in places where cost of living is cheaper.

One last question for Blender,
where do you get your news?

Total_Blender
04-22-2009, 09:13 AM
There's always advising Mr. Gingrich in 2012.

I'd advise Mr. Gingrich not to run. Should Obama lose out in the primaries, I'd back Dennis Kucinich or John Edwards.

There are a lot of potential GOP candidates for 2012, but I see that as a lack of clear and distinct leadership. Sarah Palin is clearly more of a follower than a leader, Bobby Jindal is a noob who just gets called on when a token minority is needed, Joe Boehner and Mitch McConnell aren't household names. And John McCain is old. And Strom Thurmond is dead. :ninja:

And in the next couple of years, can the republicans keep their coalition of libertarians and social conservatives together? How much bible thumping are the libertarians willing to put up with? How willing are the bible thumpers to cater to those in the party who want less government interference in their private lives? How long before the whole thing throws a rod through the block?:screwy:

Total_Blender
04-22-2009, 09:52 AM
4. Let's drill our own oil. We have plenty.

One last question for Blender,
where do you get your news?

The deal with oil/energy is not a supply issue. Even when gas prices were $5 a gallon and there were long lines at the pumps, there was enough to go around.

Oil is traded as a commodity. The price is set by the market. A barrel of American oil sells for the same price as a barrel of oil from Saudi or Iran. Increasing the supply without increasing the demand would just create surplus.

If we do increase production of our oil, it is more of an issue about the security of the supply. We are not fully using the oil that we produce domestically now, we are exporting it. I would think that to address the problem as an issue of securing the supply we should create incentives to use the oil that we are already producing domestically and try to cut down on the oil we are importing.

The way to do that is to increase our refining capacity, and to distribute and network our refineries so that the shortage the Southeast experienced after hurricane Ike last year doesn't happen again. Not many refineries have been built in the last 30 years, so if we examine the process and impact of refineries, there might be a feasible way to increase refining capacity while mitigating environmental impact.

But even as we make production of oil more efficient, we should also seek to decrease consumption. We should invest in alternative energy now while it is an option, and not later when there is no other option.

I get my news mostly from the New York Times, CNN online, and Z-communications.

http://www.zmag.org/znet

I'll go to Fox News now and then for a conservative-slanted prospective, and sometimes I listened to Weasel Radio (Ben Weasel from the band Screeching Weasel hosts a conservative talk radio show) when it was on... it hasn't been on since December though:

http://www.espn1070.com/pages/weaselradio.html

I also watch the Alex Jones videos you guys post, really, I do.

BanginJimmy
04-22-2009, 11:33 AM
The way to do that is to increase our refining capacity, and to distribute and network our refineries so that the shortage the Southeast experienced after hurricane Ike last year doesn't happen again. Not many refineries have been built in the last 30 years, so if we examine the process and impact of refineries, there might be a feasible way to increase refining capacity while mitigating environmental impact.

The problem with this is the tree huggers and the politicians they own. Removing the ban on offshore drilling and creating incentives for domestic producers to keep the oil in this country will go a VERY long way to securing low oil prices. It would also affect the dissolution of OPEC if the US produces enough to start selling to other countries (after US needs are met) and taking that money/power out of the hands of middle east monarchies and dictators.

But even as we make production of oil more efficient, we should also seek to decrease consumption. We should invest in alternative energy now while it is an option, and not later when there is no other option.

We agree here in principle but not in substance. I think we need to replace the oil firing power plants we are currently using with Nuke which is by far cleaner and by far more efficient than oil. We should also use our industrial and economic power to push other countries to do the same. Offer stone age countries like Mexico and some Carribean countries a chance to replace their current oil fired plant with American built nuke plants in exchange for a contract that requires an American work force for construction and security for a set time, such as 10 years.

Total_Blender
04-22-2009, 12:37 PM
We agree here in principle but not in substance. I think we need to replace the oil firing power plants we are currently using with Nuke which is by far cleaner and by far more efficient than oil. s.

I am 100% on board with nuke untill it comes down to disposing of the spent fuel rods. But I don't see why we can't just shoot them into the sun or something. :screwy:

SL65AMG
04-22-2009, 01:00 PM
I am 100% on board with nuke untill it comes down to disposing of the spent fuel rods. But I don't see why we can't just shoot them into the sun or something. :screwy:

ive always thought the same thing but im sure if we were to start doing something like that, Murphy and Newton would come out of hiding.

F8d2Blk
04-22-2009, 01:30 PM

I'll go to Fox News now and then for a conservative-slanted prospective, and sometimes I listened to Weasel Radio (Ben Weasel from the band Screeching Weasel hosts a conservative talk radio show) when it was on... it hasn't been on since December though:

Thanks for the zmag link.

BanginJimmy
04-22-2009, 01:47 PM

There is already a way to re-sure spent rods that reduces their halflife by like 80%. I am also sure that if there was a real push for it, our physicists could find a way to use completely or more safely store rods.

Total_Blender
04-22-2009, 04:40 PM
ive always thought the same thing but im sure if we were to start doing something like that, Murphy and Newton would come out of hiding.

The sun is millions of times more radioactive than a bunch of spent fuel rods. It'd probably be as harmless as peeing into the ocean.

I like the idea of re-using them in some way though, do you have a link to that?

BanginJimmy
04-22-2009, 05:34 PM
My initial estimates were way off, but that was from memory and I couldnt find the link I used the first time I looked this up.

http://healutah.org/what/energypolicy/reprocessing

Here is a very basic overview of it. The technology is still VERY rough, but at the same time, it hasnt been extensively explored either. I am sure that within 10 years of real study and experimentation we will have a far safer and cheaper product.

This is one of the few cases that I would agree with heavy govt regulation with the inner workings of the business. I would also agree with significant subsidies for any private business that ventures into this market.

preferredduck
04-23-2009, 05:28 PM
The deal with oil/energy is not a supply issue. Even when gas prices were $5 a gallon and there were long lines at the pumps, there was enough to go around.

Oil is traded as a commodity. The price is set by the market. A barrel of American oil sells for the same price as a barrel of oil from Saudi or Iran. Increasing the supply without increasing the demand would just create surplus.

If we do increase production of our oil, it is more of an issue about the security of the supply. We are not fully using the oil that we produce domestically now, we are exporting it. I would think that to address the problem as an issue of securing the supply we should create incentives to use the oil that we are already producing domestically and try to cut down on the oil we are importing.

watch the energy non crisis, there is enough oil in alaska alone to keep us going for more than 200 years. cars can get better mpg, if you are telling me we cannot i say BS. i'm sure if we dig around at the patent office we would find many "useful patents" owned by the oil companies. nuclear is good for powering us along with wind and new solar technology. the next big thing is fusion power, which is kind of what the sun does in a way, i saw that on modern marvels. i don't think shooting nuke waste into the sun would be a good idea, but who knows if it can absorb some of the elements thats good, but we could accidentally burn it out and that would suck. uhh earth we have a problem. i say we take all of it and bury the nuke waste in bush's texas ranch and cheney's backyard. there would be little opposition to this except from them lol.