PDA

View Full Version : Who still does it?

AnthonyF
04-19-2009, 01:27 PM
Go to private messages, list subscriptions? lol. It's just so much of a habit. Sucks balls.

-Ant.

Catnip
04-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Never did that or look at "new posts".
I just skim.

quickdodgeŽ
04-19-2009, 01:31 PM
I don't think I've ever subscribed to a thread? Where does it take you if you do what you asked about, Ant? Later, QD.

ironchef
04-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Generally when you post in a thread it auto subscribes it. Thats why USER CP was so convenient, cause it listed all those subscribed threads.

Revmaynard
04-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Never used it.

quickdodgeŽ
04-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Generally when you post in a thread it auto subscribes it. Thats why USER CP was so convenient, cause it listed all those subscribed threads.

I guess I have subscriptions turned off as I have zero. Later, QD.

Catnip
04-19-2009, 01:39 PM
I guess I have subscriptions turned off as I have zero. Later, QD.
Same here.

It does it on other forums though, guess it's auto off on here?

speedminded
04-19-2009, 01:40 PM
I don't get how people can use a forum without subscribing?!

Say you even post in just 5 threads in a day you'll never remember them all to go back to them! Before I realized there was a subscribed thread link I was searching the posts by my user name then searching for all the threads that had replies after mine...idiot haha! The user CP puts everything all on one page and I was still clicking subrscribed threads in the pull down for a couple days after it was fixed. :tongue:

Catnip

Say you even post in just 5 threads in a day you'll never remember them all to go back to them! Before I realized there was a subscribed thread link I was searching the posts by my user name then searching for all the threads that had replies after mine...idiot haha! The user CP puts everything all on one page and I was clicking subrscribed threads in the pull down for a couple days after it was fixed. :tongue:

You do know it puts little flags on threads you post in? lol

ironchef
Odd, I never changed my subscription settings, and it always auto subscribes to threads I post in. Oh well...

speedminded
04-19-2009, 01:46 PM
In case you didn't know, click Quick Links then Edit Options and under Messaging & Notification is the Default Thread Subscription Mode pulldown...click no email notification and every thread you reply in will be listed in the UserCP and Subscribed Thread links.

You do know it puts little flags on threads you post in? lolSo you search every single forum to find flags? That might work fine for those that don't actually venture outside the whoreslounge or just one forum. ;)

quickdodgeŽ
04-19-2009, 01:50 PM

I am able to remember where I've posted. I see the http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/images/statusicon/thread_dot.gif beside a thread and I check it to see what's up. I've never gone into any USER CP section to change or alter the way I read/see/receive threads. I've never had subscriptions. Never had to turn them off. And never received E-mails, lolol.

Later, QD.

ironchef
04-19-2009, 01:50 PM

Agreed, it saves a lot of time, especially if you're on multiple forums.
I wouldn't be able to live without either.

Catnip
04-19-2009, 01:51 PM
So you search every single forum to find flags? That might work fine for those that don't actually venture outside the whoreslounge or one forum. ;)

I just remember where I post, not too hard. lol. There's only a handful of sections on here ;)

quickdodgeŽ
04-19-2009, 01:52 PM
So you search every single forum to find flags? That might work fine for those that don't actually venture outside the whoreslounge or just one forum. ;)

Personally, I know the sections I post in. My memory bank is like a black hole. The things I remember, minute or great, is incredible. Later, QD.

speedminded
04-19-2009, 01:52 PM
I just remember where I post, not too hard. lol. There's only a handful of sections on here ;)Correction, there's only a handful of sections you're capable of adding knowledgeable and credible information too :taun:

Catnip
04-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Correction, there's only a handful of sections you're capable of adding knowledgeable and credible information too :taun:

Correction, care to post in. lol

I actually have a little knowledge in a variety of topics, they just don't interest me so I don't care to talk about it.

Deke
04-19-2009, 01:59 PM
Wow, I never knew you could see your reps through that.