PDA

View Full Version : Emissions standards getting tougher

sohcEX
04-18-2009, 08:07 AM
Aint this something I dont see why Georgia has emissions in the metro counties if there are counties and states beside that dont require emissions. And further I oppose emissions testing I think its just another way for the government to get my damn money and get there dirty hands into my personal life. Whats your thoughts on this the law getting tighten?

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories//2009/04/18/epa_greenhouse_emissions.html

preferredduck
04-18-2009, 03:40 PM
this is just another way to tax us, our whole solar system is warming and everyday more and more scientists claim global warming is a cycle of the earth, but they can make money off it so roll with it.

puregroove
04-19-2009, 01:00 AM
This is why I drive emissions-exempt cars. :yes:

sohcEX
04-20-2009, 07:57 PM
haha yeah I can tell by the sig

Paul
04-21-2009, 09:57 AM
I understand the point of emissions specially if you have ever worked in Atlanta but they need to just make federal laws to cover everyone... i can't stand it that only metro has to deal w/ the issue and other GA counties don't; furthermore there are states that don't even have such testing.

It should be all or none.

Total_Blender
04-21-2009, 10:33 AM
I see the need for it in big metropolis cities where there's lots of congestion and heavy industry. In states like Kansas and Nebraska where their state capitals are hardly the size of Marietta not so much.

I've always driven vehicles that were emissions exempt or lived in areas without it. I don't see what the opposition to it on the newer cars is though... if you have a vehicle thats properly maintained it should pass.