PDA

View Full Version : 350z vs EVO VIII again!!

Speedm0(\)key
09-26-2005, 09:33 PM
so i stop at a QT on buford drive and i get gas... its like 2.99 for premium.. so im jewin it up trying to get exactly 20.00 in the Z cause thats all i had in cash at the moment, so i walk in and pay and crap.. and out in the parking lot somewhere some guy revving his car didnt think much of it.. usually alot of domestic guys are there when i get gas revving their motors, anyway.. didnt sound like a V8.. sounded like an Sr20 is what iw ould have guessed.. so i walk out back to the car and theres this bosnian/german accented kid in a black evo, and asks "hey yo , whats that hole in your front bumper for"... he's asking about my Varis Carbon fiber cold air duct, and i didnt really feel like talking much so i was like "cold air vent", and he's like.."man.. these cars are so slow man.. should have gotten an evo", so i immediately thought about racing him on the spot but i was like fuck it so i said "ha.. whatever man, go break your transfer case" haha, so he's like "whats that?".. i couldnt beleive the moron, as im gettin in the car he says "wanna race that thing right now?.." and im like screaming YES YES YES in my head but i only say "sure", so we stop in the middle of buford drive around Azelea dr. or whatever it was (we agreed he'd count to three and we'd go) so he boggs his launch and jumps ahead only half a car and i get off the line decently and he keeps the .5 car lead till about 60mph and i start pulling him hard.. grabbed 3rd fast and im probably about 1.5 cars ahead by 70..., then 80... 85... grab 4th... 95.. 100... 105 and im about 3 cars ahead.. i shut down, and he's like... "man lets do that shit again i missed 3rd".. he didnt miss 3rd.. but i wanted to make him look like a dick again. so i say "10mph roll this time".. we do so.. we slow down and he goes right before he says 3 he jumps half a car again and we run to about 120 this time.. it was slightly uglier, so he ends up following me for awhile and we catch a light... and i said to him "you're right.. i shouldnt have bought one".. and he starts talking about a boost leak... and i say "man.. you have alot of bullshit ricer excuses"... anyway.. thats it

before i get flamed again like last time.. my mods are
JWT popcharger/ SPL JHT intake Z tube
Varis Cold air duct
minor weight reduction
Borla True Dual catback Exhaust.

EVo guy claimed SAFC i didnt bother looking in the car, HKS hipower exhaust and intake and boost controller

SandM
09-26-2005, 09:39 PM
nice kill.... too bad for the excuses. why cant people just admit they lost?

benwaballs
09-26-2005, 09:46 PM
nice kill.... too bad for the excuses. why cant people just admit they lost?

man isnt that true... i had a type R talkin all kinds of smack and everytime we stated racing he would stop and say oh i thought it was a cop! if your going to talk smack back it up! or just dont do it...

nice kill buy the way :goodjob:

boosted1jz
09-26-2005, 10:34 PM
nice kill :)

will
09-27-2005, 12:11 AM
yo speedmonkey i think you work near where i live.

i always see a red 350z with the varis duct and a blue sti parked in that shopping center by the golf place. sometimes a black supra with black wheels.

my friend marcos with the tan s13 told me you guys went racing around one night.

btw i am will. 350z here too.

tony
09-27-2005, 12:33 AM
nice, see why cant I run into people like that? He got what was coming to him

TranceDJ06
09-27-2005, 01:21 AM
:goodjob: I always wanted to see a 350z and an Evo go at it.

Speedm0(\)key
09-27-2005, 03:24 PM
yo speedmonkey i think you work near where i live.

i always see a red 350z with the varis duct and a blue sti parked in that shopping center by the golf place. sometimes a black supra with black wheels.

my friend marcos with the tan s13 told me you guys went racing around one night.

btw i am will. 350z here too.

thats weird my name is will too haha.. yeah we run the restaurant there, who are you?.. i think the marcos guy is friends with a couple of "desi" friends of mine, what color is your Z?.. ive seen alot of silver ones around here was one of them yoU?

Speedm0(\)key
09-27-2005, 03:30 PM
nice, see why cant I run into people like that? He got what was coming to him

they are ALL in gwinnett.. most of the shit talkers around here are always Bosnian/german people for some reason.. dont really know why, nothing against them at all.. they typicall are german/bosnian.

had he had a good launch when we went from a dig it would have taken me up to maybe 90/100mph to catch him, the usually lightly modded ones.. ie: SAFC/larger FMIC/TB exhaust/intake/Boost controller take me kinda hard down low.. where my Z lacks power/gearing, so i usually like to race those from a roll.. but for some reason i knew this guy didnt have the skills. but yeah.. i owned him :idb:

HiPSI
09-27-2005, 03:38 PM
they are ALL in gwinnett.. most of the shit talkers around here are always Bosnian/german people for some reason.. dont really know why, nothing against them at all.. they typicall are german/bosnian.

had he had a good launch when we went from a dig it would have taken me up to maybe 90/100mph to catch him, the usually lightly modded ones.. ie: SAFC/larger FMIC/TB exhaust/intake/Boost controller take me kinda hard down low.. where my Z lacks power/gearing, so i usually like to race those from a roll.. but for some reason i knew this guy didnt have the skills. but yeah.. i owned him :idb:

RACIST!

lol, i know what you mean about those bosnian dudes. they were all over every car that rolled into the lot down at petco, telling their buddies they should race everything with wheels on it.

B16a2 Civic
09-27-2005, 03:41 PM
ITS ALWAYS A BOOST LEAK!!

will
09-27-2005, 03:55 PM
thats weird my name is will too haha.. yeah we run the restaurant there, who are you?.. i think the marcos guy is friends with a couple of "desi" friends of mine, what color is your Z?.. ive seen alot of silver ones around here was one of them yoU?

haha tight man, which restaurant is it? i think theres 2 in the plaza.

ill stop by sometime. my car is blue. i do see tons of silver one.

heres a pic of my ride. holla if you see me.

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL817/1958799/4862642/110957540.jpg

Trey
09-27-2005, 05:15 PM
Nice kill.

Some dumbass in a red 350z, FLA tags and a "Move Over" banner on the front windshield, was riding my ass a couple weeks ago on the way home from work.

I brake checked him hard then he played on the side for a while but was blocked in for a mile or two.

We got to a clearing and I manuvered to the front, he got stuck in traffic.

He finally came up on my rear again, I floored it and he quickly became a small dot on my rear view mirror.

Got to the next light, he caught up and he still revved.

What a tool.

Speedm0(\)key
09-27-2005, 05:49 PM
damn Will.. nice ride, i wish i could afford wheels... but the ones i want are too damn expensive.. looks like im gonna have to put them on a credit card... SHIT!!!

i want the Volk SF challenge in mercury Silver.. 19''.. but you need chunky pockets for those. ah dude.. you should take the screws off the Duct and spraypaint them black if you think that would look better.. but nice car man, what else you got done to it?

Speedm0(\)key
09-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Nice kill.

Some dumbass in a red 350z, FLA tags and a "Move Over" banner on the front windshield, was riding my ass a couple weeks ago on the way home from work.

I brake checked him hard then he played on the side for a while but was blocked in for a mile or two.

We got to a clearing and I manuvered to the front, he got stuck in traffic.

He finally came up on my rear again, I floored it and he quickly became a small dot on my rear view mirror.

Got to the next light, he caught up and he still revved.

What a tool.

thanks man, as for the rest of your story... uhhhhh... ok

Speedm0(\)key
09-27-2005, 05:58 PM
RACIST!

lol, i know what you mean about those bosnian dudes. they were all over every car that rolled into the lot down at petco, telling their buddies they should race everything with wheels on it.

yeah ive owned them all with the Z except for the M3, i havent even bothered running the M3 in the Z.. there is no point, however i did run him in the STi.. i owned him from a 10mph, 20/30/40/50/60/70mph roll.. for some reason this guy likes to run alot at once, however.. he convinced my brother on a later day to run him .. on a "top out run".. kinda dumb, shouldnt have done it, but top speed> STi.. i wasnt there but my brother says he put some cars on him.. then in middle of 6th the car was tapering off to 16psi (we never have taken it up that high but its usually always hitting a nice boost target of 18.5-19psi before that) and he started pullin the distance back easily so my brother let off

I NEED THE FPGREEN DAMMIT!!!

rolling_trip
09-27-2005, 06:17 PM
what was the top speed?

v10sloboy
09-27-2005, 08:13 PM
Pop charger thats cool, I think ill put one on the viper.

Trey
09-27-2005, 09:23 PM
thanks man, as for the rest of your story... uhhhhh... ok

It's not my fault the car was slow. lol Like I need to lie to impress anyone here.

242 hp (http://www.sportzmagazine.com/images_pages/images_downloads/Shootout-Stock_Chart.gif) on a stock 350z is an easy kill, I mean look at these stock 1/4 mile times. lol

2003 Nissan 350z 14.1
2004 Nissan 350z Roadster 14.3
2004 Nissan 350Z 13.77 (M.T. Mar '04)
2005 Nissan 350Z 35th Anniversary Edition 6 Speed 14.3 (C&D Apr '05
* http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html

What IS unbelievable is that the dood thought he could hang with me. :D

HatchMan
09-27-2005, 09:32 PM
Nice story. I like it

Trey
09-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Here's another funny one, tonight on the way home from work, dood in a older LS400 Lexus was coming up quick on Bush road (curvy as hell in some spots) in Norcross. I let him get on my tail then as soon as the curves came up I opened her up. Looked back and he was no where in site. I got up to 90+ before the three way stop and just sat there. He came flying up and about nails me. I stayed to make him come to a full stop. Then I went on my way. He took off and was on my tail again and then tried to pass when the second lane opened up, I blipped the gas and pulled away to remind him he was a fool.

He turned right, I turned left at Berkley lake.

What are people thinking? :D

Speedm0(\)key
09-27-2005, 10:15 PM
It's not my fault the car was slow. lol Like I need to lie to impress anyone here.

242 hp (http://www.sportzmagazine.com/images_pages/images_downloads/Shootout-Stock_Chart.gif) on a stock 350z is an easy kill, I mean look at these stock 1/4 mile times. lol

2003 Nissan 350z 14.1

i guess what im saying is.. there was no need for your story, yes.. you are right you dont need to lie to impress anyone here...

but also you dont need to post your out of nowhere story here either.. but it IS the interweb.. and you can cry if you want to.

are you the same trey that was talking shit on my350z about the gfudd meets?

tony
09-27-2005, 10:15 PM

2003 Nissan 350z 14.1

Trap speed.. an AWD 1/4 mile is a bad comparison to a RWD 1/4 because the launch makes so much of a difference.

Speedm0(\)key
09-27-2005, 10:21 PM
Trap speed.. an AWD 1/4 mile is a bad comparison to a RWD 1/4 because the launch makes so much of a difference.

if its not taking corners... the Z only loves the hwy, even with the power you're puttin down on that STi (trey) run a mildly modded Z.. youll be surprised what the car can do in a 60+mph hwy pull.

lets not get sidetracked, im happy i beat a car with superior low end power/gearing and AWD at a very low mph pull and from a dig

Trey
09-28-2005, 10:00 AM
So it's now turned into I was talking shit about your 350z car. I thought you said I was talking about the STi as you last indicated? Which is it? :D

To be honest though, that would imply that I care and I don't. Enjoy your toys.

Maybe I should have started a new thread but I didn't think about it at the time. I was just replying. My bad if it offeded you but it's just the web right? Like you said, no need to cry about it, right? ;)

And no where did I say modded 350z are weaksauce either. ;)

I'd rock one.

Speedm0(\)key
09-28-2005, 04:33 PM
So it's now turned into I was talking shit about your 350z car. I thought you said I was talking about the STi as you last indicated? Which is it? :D

To be honest though, that would imply that I care and I don't. Enjoy your toys.

Maybe I should have started a new thread but I didn't think about it at the time. I was just replying. My bad if it offeded you but it's just the web right? Like you said, no need to cry about it, right? ;)

And no where did I say modded 350z are weaksauce either. ;)

I'd rock one.

ohhh so it is the same trey, at no moment did i say you were talking "shit" about MY 350z.. its not even what i would consider fast.. however you havent run with mine. i guess all im saying is the impression of an idiot that you left us.. "speedmonkey" with has got ya 0 respect from me and my friends
and i would appreciate if you didnt reply with random crap, but i guess you can keep doing what you're doing, im no one to tell you waht to do, but hey.. i like to be a prick.. we can argue on the internet all day if you want to. ask batlground's tracy

with love, Will
X0X0X0

benwaballs
09-28-2005, 08:12 PM
why dont you 2 just race? :D i still wanna see how the gti would do w/ a 350z

Speedm0(\)key
09-28-2005, 08:15 PM
why dont you 2 just race? :D i still wanna see how the gti would do w/ a 350z

you are putting down enough power to beat the Z, but i guess id run ya for fun.. if you want a challenge we can work out something against the STi ;)

benwaballs
09-28-2005, 08:22 PM
you are putting down enough power to beat the Z, but i guess id run ya for fun.. if you want a challenge we can work out something against the STi ;)

iam not sure about that? ive only raced tonys G35TT and that wasn't pretty... i would like just some fun runs iam not into all that my car is the blah blah... i just like to have fun... what's done to the sti? i would love to try that out(rolling) :D let me know iam always down for some fun :goodjob:

Speedm0(\)key
09-28-2005, 08:26 PM
iam not sure about that? ive only raced tonys G35TT and that wasn't pretty... i would like just some fun runs iam not into all that my car is the blah blah... i just like to have fun... what's done to the sti? i would love to try that out(rolling) :D let me know iam always down for some fun :goodjob:

nothing much, Cobb Accessport Stage 2 19psi, HKS SSQV BOV, Injen Front mount intercooler, Injen Cold air intake, Perrin catless 3'' downpipe, Perrin Uppipe, HKS 3'' Hipower exhaust, Kartboy shortshifter (dont make a damn difference) anyway, anyway dynoed: 301 awhp 317 awtq

benwaballs
09-28-2005, 08:56 PM
nothing much, Cobb Accessport Stage 2 19psi, HKS SSQV BOV, Injen Front mount intercooler, Injen Cold air intake, Perrin catless 3'' downpipe, Perrin Uppipe, HKS 3'' Hipower exhaust, Kartboy shortshifter (dont make a damn difference) anyway, anyway dynoed: 301 awhp 317 awtq

iam sure it will rock me bad but would love to try... never even ran a stock STI let me know when...

Batman
10-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Nice kill dawg, slight weight reduction? whats up with that? you dont look like you lost weight again...

Speedm0(\)key
10-01-2005, 06:30 PM
Nice kill dawg, slight weight reduction? whats up with that? you dont look like you lost weight again...

i lost weight... weighed 276lbs before.. now i weigh 234lbs.. thats my slight weigh reduction mod hahaha

b0ki
10-07-2005, 01:00 AM
Hey SpeedMonkey iam bosnian .... but i never talk shit , wany way i dont rember u brother in the STI pulling away on me ? .. hmmm..or maybe we are no talking about the same M3.

Speedm0(\)key
10-07-2005, 01:16 AM
Hey SpeedMonkey iam bosnian .... but i never talk shit , wany way i dont rember u brother in the STI pulling away on me ? .. hmmm..or maybe we are no talking about the same M3.

no, not another M3, it was yours, i did pull on you want another run to refresh your memory?

b0ki
10-07-2005, 12:35 PM
no, not another M3, it was yours, i did pull on you want another run to refresh your memory?

yeah the STI pulled little bit .5 car around 60 mph but on the end the M3 pulled from STI .. and the STI lost right ?? or do we have to run again ?

Trey
10-07-2005, 01:27 PM
STi > M3. ;)

get 'em SM!

HiPSI
10-07-2005, 02:26 PM
STi > M3. ;)

get 'em SM!

i'd have to agree with you on that... at least at the level of power that SM's car makes.

Speedm0(\)key
10-07-2005, 05:24 PM
yeah the STI pulled little bit .5 car around 60 mph but on the end the M3 pulled from STI .. and the STI lost right ?? or do we have to run again ?

again correct. i hate the way you say this because you make me seem like the one with excuses.. why dont you just explain the whole story.. that was from the 10mph roll with your weird.. 1............2-3 honking where you jumped and i wasn't spooled and yeah i pulled ahead by a little over half a car at 60 and in the end gearing&tapering owned me. lets make it even with no handicaps this time. i did say we could do it again.. and on video. lets do it. pm me

b0ki
10-14-2005, 01:47 AM
again correct. i hate the way you say this because you make me seem like the one with excuses.. why dont you just explain the whole story.. that was from the 10mph roll with your weird.. 1............2-3 honking where you jumped and i wasn't spooled and yeah i pulled ahead by a little over half a car at 60 and in the end gearing&tapering owned me. lets make it even with no handicaps this time. i did say we could do it again.. and on video. lets do it. pm me

Yeah u right that's how it happend...i owend u on the end. Yeah but we can do it again it was fun . I think i did good for being stock and making about 282 WHP compare to u 301awhp what do u think ?

Speedm0(\)key
10-14-2005, 04:17 PM
Yeah u right that's how it happend...i owend u on the end. Yeah but we can do it again it was fun . I think i did good for being stock and making about 282 WHP compare to u 301awhp what do u think ?

im faster, its just gearing.. im holding the lead and slightly pulling with you not gaining at all just staying close till the top of 5th, once into 6th (for me) you're still in 5th i beleive and you pull back some of that distance, and i taper off big time (boost decreases), you can have all the power you want, witout the proper gearing it is useless. not bad for a german car, we should do it again some time before i go FPgreen to keep it challenging

ct9a gsr
10-14-2005, 04:58 PM
You ppl need something called a miniDV camcorder... they sell 'em for $400 for a nice one. It'll be your bestfriend if you like to race a lot... =]

Speedm0(\)key
10-14-2005, 05:31 PM
You ppl need something called a miniDV camcorder... they sell 'em for $400 for a nice one. It'll be your bestfriend if you like to race a lot... =]

my best friend is a PVGS16, i have one charles.. remember.. didnt i show you guys the vid of my slow ass 350z taking out that evo on a hwy pull at sonics? the day when you asked me how much boost pressure dropped in the STi with the FMIC and i said none :lmfao: