PDA

View Full Version : 04-16-07

FlipKing
04-16-2009, 12:56 AM
Do you remember? How quickly people forget.

03RCode
04-16-2009, 12:58 AM
Virginia Tech Shooting... also my cousins birthday.

FlipKing
04-16-2009, 01:04 AM
too many have already forgot imo

Catnip
04-16-2009, 01:05 AM
Probably because it didn't directly affect them, like my cat dying when I was 8. I cared, but that doesn't mean other people should.

03RCode
04-16-2009, 01:07 AM
too many have already forgot imo

I agree with Evan, people forgot because they weren't directly involved.

Honestly, if it wasn't my cousins birthday I would have never remembered.

FlipKing
04-16-2009, 01:09 AM
It was a national tragedy in which 30-somthing college kids were gunned down for no reason. They deserve to be remembered. 9-11 didnt directly affect alot of people either

hondachik
04-16-2009, 01:12 AM
It was a national tragedy in which 30-somthing college kids were gunned down for no reason. They deserve to be remembered. 9-11 didnt directly affect alot of people either

Yeah but 9-11 was something that could have affected everyone at the moment because it was widespread and we didn't know what the fuck was going on. That also affected a wider range of people because those were hundreds of people from all over...compared to 30-ish kids in the same general area. To be honest, I COMPLETELY forgot about it. Then again, 9-11 isn't something I think about on a daily, yet alone a weekly basis. Hell, I got my own problems going on daily in my life that won't take care of themselves.

Catnip
04-16-2009, 01:12 AM

30 something? you can't remember?

RL...
04-16-2009, 01:13 AM

cuz 30 ppl tragically died everyone should know/remember this? Fuk that. It was tragic, but wheres your bleeding heart for the countless ppl who die of cancer, from drunk drivers, drugs, stroke, heart diesease the list goes on.

that incident was not a NATIONAL tragedy. it only affected one town, and the only reason we all know about it is because the media blew it up, as they always do.

this incident doesn't even register on the same scale as does the 9-11 attack.

03RCode
04-16-2009, 01:14 AM

10,000 deaths is alot different from 30. Plus 9-11 also showed us we weren't as immune to danger as once expected. We had a serious threat wanting to harm large numbers on US citizens on US soil. The threat at Virginia Tech was not only, as terrible as it sounds, no where near as big of a shock, but was also neutralized quickly.

FlipKing
04-16-2009, 01:15 AM
Can I remember the exact wounded number and those that eventually died? No, but I remember the date, I remember the fact that professor died while barring the door so that his students could jump from a window. I remember the fact that the local police failed, they had found the 2 dead bodies hours earlier and sent no alert. I remember it happened for no reason.

FlipKing
04-16-2009, 01:17 AM
Nissantuner, wow. where to begin. Totally different between cancer and getting shot for being at school. Oh.. ok, so there is a quota of people who have to die for you to care? dumbass.

Catnip
04-16-2009, 01:18 AM
Can I remember the exact wounded number and those that eventually died? No, but I remember the date, I remember the fact that professor died while barring the door so that his students could jump from a window. I remember the fact that the local police failed, they had found the 2 dead bodies hours earlier and sent no alert. I remember it happened for no reason.

That's life. You can't live in the gloom of the past or else there would be nothing to live for; it's called moving on.

FlipKing
9-11 was very tragic, but its reached a point of being forgotten to to be honest. People go oh yeah, 9-11. I remember where I was and conversations that happened that day.

GLulic
I stopped caring about a week later.

FlipKing
04-16-2009, 01:19 AM
I didnt say stay in the gloom. I just said take a moment, and Remember them. that too much to ask?

Catnip
04-16-2009, 01:20 AM
I didnt say stay in the gloom. I just said take a moment, and Remember them. that too much to ask?

No, but there's no sense in trying to make people feel guilty in remembering, or in this case, not remembering

03RCode
04-16-2009, 01:23 AM
Oh, and fyi, flipking, the dude that owns the car in your sig is a douchehammer. For reals. Swung the banhammer on me for owning him with his own statement, then when back and edited my posts so no one would see it.

hondachik
04-16-2009, 01:24 AM
Oh, and fyi, flipking, the dude that owns the car in your sig is a douchehammer. For reals. Swung the banhammer on me for owning him with his own statement, then when back and edited my posts so no one would see it.

who really gives a fuck? we are trying to remember here. shut up and give a moment of peace.

GLulic
04-16-2009, 01:25 AM
I can't remember them if i never met them.I remember my family/some good friends that passed away,that's about it.

Just sayin'

03RCode
04-16-2009, 01:26 AM
I can't remember them if i never met them.I remember my family/some good friends that passed away,that's about it.

Just sayin'

Who is the hoe in your signature my friend?

FlipKing
04-16-2009, 01:26 AM
A. he can be a bit of a nazi mod, idc, its a hot car. I found it on google images, not that site.

B. Not making people feel guilty, just reminding people to take a 1 min break from their daily me me me me me me lives and remember somthing. I know i'd like to be remembered if it happened to me tomorrow.....

hondachik
04-16-2009, 01:27 AM
A. he can be a bit of a nazi mod, idc, its a hot car. I found it on google images, not that site.

B. Not making people feel guilty, just reminding people to take a 1 min break from their daily me me me me me me lives and remember somthing. I know i'd like to be remembered if it happened to me tomorrow.....

i dont' know you. but someone will remember you if they care enough to bury you. *shrugs*

Catnip
04-16-2009, 01:30 AM

Lets face it, the first 3 posts in this thread from you were going in that direction... yet you can't even remember how many people died. I'm just saying it's not wrong to not remember.

You didn't make a Columbine thread or a thread for any other shooting... like the kid that was in the trunk of the car sniping random people from Home Depot and what not.

03RCode
04-16-2009, 01:35 AM
who really gives a fuck? we are trying to remember here. shut up and give a moment of peace.

Quit following me around, cum dumpster.

nismo_92
04-16-2009, 01:43 AM
to day is my b-day thats all i remember

hondachik
04-16-2009, 01:44 AM
Quit following me around, cum dumpster.

I was in both threads first, dumbass. Shut the fuck up and go read sleepers shit thread & test it out in your free time. :goodjob:

03RCode
04-16-2009, 01:46 AM
I was in both threads first, dumbass. Shut the fuck up and go read sleepers shit thread & test it out in your free time. :goodjob:

I posted in both of them before you :lmfao::lmfao:

GLulic
04-16-2009, 01:51 AM
Who is the hoe in your signature my friend?
Luscious liz...and she's not a hoe:ninja:

hondachik
04-16-2009, 01:53 AM
I posted in both of them before you :lmfao::lmfao:

Aha..Troof. You aren't important, therefore hence why I didn't notice that. :no:

GLulic
04-16-2009, 01:57 AM
I don't like you.

03RCode
04-16-2009, 01:59 AM
I don't like you.

+Reps for you sig.

I doesn't likes her either.

GLulic
04-16-2009, 02:01 AM
:goodjob: back at you.

hondachik
04-16-2009, 02:03 AM
Awesome. :goodjob:

Such a shame that I won't die any sooner because of that. Damn!! :no:. Truly sucks.

GLulic
04-16-2009, 02:07 AM
I don't want you to die...just go away......forever.

03RCode
04-16-2009, 02:10 AM
I don't want you to die...just go away......forever.

Either way works for me.

hondachik
04-16-2009, 02:18 AM
As soon as it happens, Ill let you know :goodjob:

FlipKing
04-16-2009, 07:47 AM
This thread saddens me for the the way people are now a days. Everyone puts themselves and their honda above anything else in the world, mostly because they are too ignorant to understand the implications. One day, you will all die and hope that the world remembers you and they wont, mostly because A. you never did anything, and B. you werent worth remembering because you coulding even take 30 seconds to go damn, that sucked, we need to make sure it doesnt happen again. This isnt a compietition for what was this worst, but it seems that if it wasnt that way. Under ya'lls logic, we should forget 9-11 because the Holocaust was much much worse. 9-11 wasnt shit in the grand scheme of things if you want to make it a competition. just take a moment out of your day and think about the people,not numbers, but PEOPLE that were just sitting in their classes and trying to get a start on life. These people had familes and futures that were cut short just because one asshole was unhappy with how his life panned out.

GLulic
04-16-2009, 08:36 AM
This thread saddens me for the the way people are now a days. Everyone puts themselves and their honda above anything else in the world, mostly because they are too ignorant to understand the implications. One day, you will all die and hope that the world remembers you and they wont, mostly because A. you never did anything, and B. you werent worth remembering because you coulding even take 30 seconds to go damn, that sucked, we need to make sure it doesnt happen again. This isnt a compietition for what was this worst, but it seems that if it wasnt that way. Under ya'lls logic, we should forget 9-11 because the Holocaust was much much worse. 9-11 wasnt shit in the grand scheme of things if you want to make it a competition. just take a moment out of your day and think about the people,not numbers, but PEOPLE that were just sitting in their classes and trying to get a start on life. These people had familes and futures that were cut short just because one asshole was unhappy with how his life panned out.
What did all those college kids do for me to remember them?I know when i die I probably won't be remembered by anyone but my family and friends.And i can bet that if we were the ones that passed away not alot of people would take time to remember us.Why don't you remember the thousands of soldiers that died in iraq?Why don't you remember all those days?People don't have to remember anything and the more you force it on them the more they're going to object to it.

Just sayin'

ironchef
04-16-2009, 08:38 AM
It was a national tragedy in which 30-somthing college kids were gunned down for no reason. They deserve to be remembered. 9-11 didnt directly affect alot of people either30 people tragically died in the time it took for someone to read this thread. Does this mean we should remember 4-16-09 also?

teh bri
04-16-2009, 09:20 AM
i forgot :(

FlipKing
04-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Its your own choice to forget. Its really sad at the state of the country. Big difference in soldiers dying in combat and students being gun downed for being in class that day. Just remember the sadness of the day. The outrage should have angered any American. The only thing most of you will be rememberd for is being an ass hole. /thread.

GLulic
04-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Its your own choice to forget. Its really sad at the state of the country. Big difference in soldiers dying in combat and students being gun downed for being in class that day. Just remember the sadness of the day. The outrage should have angered any American. The only thing most of you will be rememberd for is being an ass hole. /thread.
Dude you think you're gonna be remembered?I don't wish death upon anyone but I didn't even hear of those kids until that shit happened.I'd rather remember the soldiers that died to let us think how we want,and have choices in what we remember and what we don't.Serious question,did you know any of those kids personally?

FlipKing
04-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Nope, Did you know anyone in 9-11 personally? Did you know anyone in Pearl Harbor personally? Know anyone in the Holocaust personally? Shouldnt matter. I'm not asking for you to set up a memorial for them. Just remember. I'll be remember because I care about people. I stop and help people on the side of the road, I help older people move, I cut old peoples grass. Its called being a decent human. Way to many people are like you, if it doesnt specifically pertain or directly touch your life you dont care.

GLulic
04-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Nope, Did you know anyone in 9-11 personally? Did you know anyone in Pearl Harbor personally? Know anyone in the Holocaust personally? Shouldnt matter. I'm not asking for you to set up a memorial for them. Just remember. I'll be remember because I care about people. I stop and help people on the side of the road, I help older people move, I cut old peoples grass. Its called being a decent human. Way to many people are like you, if it doesnt specifically pertain or directly touch your life you dont care.
No I didn't know anyone in any of those,that's why i don't remember them.Too many people care too much about other people and then complain cause no one helps them back.The world is cold hearted,like I said I don't wish death upon anyone or anything no matter what they did.Think about what i said before about if you passed away,would anyone take time to remember you?No,because its not a big deal anymore when someone dies.

Terror
04-16-2009, 10:33 AM

I can slightly see your point and everything, but why the fuck are you preaching like this? It was a very tragic event, yes but there are MANY tragic events that occur each and everyday. It is a situation which made national news and hurt alot of people because of the situation ( i.e. college kids who had not brought this upon themselves lost theyre lives completely undeserving) THATS why so many people know. But people remember things typically that directly impact them, such as a family memeber, friend, spouse... You cant get on fucking import atlanta and start bitching at everyone for having different things to worry about than an event that occured sometime ago.. its fucking retarded. Not trying to be a dick... but be realistic.

FlipKing
04-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Not preaching, trying to make a point in a thread where The V-Tech massacre was compared to the death of a cat and someone dying of heart disease. Really? If nothing else this thread has created awareness. I dont see my self asking to much for somone to take 30 seconds out of thier day. Heres a quote for you, "History repeats itself" thats why you have to remember it to try to prevent it.

Terror
04-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Not preaching, trying to make a point in a thread where The V-Tech massacre was compared to the death of a cat and someone dying of heart disease. Really? If nothing else this thread has created awareness. I dont see my self asking to much for somone to take 30 seconds out of thier day. Heres a quote for you, "History repeats itself" thats why you have to remember it to try to prevent it.

I entirely see what your saying, what IM saying is that you cant get mad at people for not immediately remembering. If you wanted 30 seconds to remember at least you acheived it by this thread. (for every person that read it)

FlipKing
04-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Not mad at people forgetting. I'm saddened at the weak comparisons and by the way people dont care about human life. They tried to turn it into a competition for what was more tragic....

collins
04-16-2009, 10:50 AM
cuz 30 ppl tragically died everyone should know/remember this? Fuk that. It was tragic, but wheres your bleeding heart for the countless ppl who die of cancer, from drunk drivers, drugs, stroke, heart diesease the list goes on.

that incident was not a NATIONAL tragedy. it only affected one town, and the only reason we all know about it is because the media blew it up, as they always do.

this incident doesn't even register on the same scale as does the 9-11 attack.
holy shit, i actually agree with you! LET THIS BE THE ONE AND ONLY TIME! lol

pimpdaddy
04-16-2009, 12:15 PM

A direct quote from the car owner, "http://www.mx5atlanta.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif Only person I've banned within the past 3 years on any forum is Simon from here, and he has his own IA account from which he posts from millions of times a day. Oh well. Can't please everyone." and I asked him if he was an admin on any other forum. "One that was recently shut down for the time being, but no one ever got banned from that site, and a few other web/forum building support forums. Come to think of it, I seriously haven't laid the banhammer down since I admin'd an online gamer's forum in 2004. That's 5 years!"

BanginJimmy
04-16-2009, 01:50 PM

If you dont think 9/11 affected everyone then I wonder where you have been for the last 8 years.

FlipKing
04-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Wow, learn to read the entire thread. 9-11 affected everyone. Not everyone had someone die that day though, so it was not direct, just as much of the country wasnt directly affected by VT. Its not a competition. Jesus. forget that I asked you to be human for 30 seconds.

ShooterMcGavin
04-16-2009, 02:03 PM
if we went back in history and tried to find all the shitty happenings that happened on a certain day i have a feeling every day would be a "memorial day".

BobbyFresco
04-16-2009, 02:14 PM
This is IA, afterall. For you to think you'd get an ounce of compassion from anyone here is unrealistic on your part. I completely understand where you're coming from, however....This site is but a microcosm of humanity as a whole these days. People fucking suck and are only out for themselves...

ShooterMcGavin
04-16-2009, 03:23 PM
if you wanted more serious discussion perhaps you should've posted this in another section other than the WHORESLOUNGE?

GIXXERDK
04-16-2009, 08:15 PM

Dude, what did you do to remember them? Start a thread scolding IA members for not remembering? Go fuck yourself.

FlipKing
04-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Personally, im in agreement with bobby fresh. Didnt scold anyone, just called their retarded remarks into the light. Gixxer thanks for showing us how intelligent your argumentative skills are.

rb20s14
04-16-2009, 09:44 PM
Dude, history does repeat its self but damn ppl learn and go the fuck on with their lives. and the quote is "People who don't know their history are bound to repeat it" so i guess the lesson is don't stay in school cause theys some crazy bastards in there

and uhhh, as far as it being different for a soldier to die then kids in school yeah their deaths and fight means something to you me and everyone lucky to call this nation home soooooooo if your a kid in school and shit pops off fight back then i'll remember you other than that no because ppl die every day it's a fact of life like it or not

FlipKing
04-16-2009, 11:38 PM
I can respect that arguement.

RL...
04-17-2009, 12:46 AM
30 people tragically died in the time it took for someone to read this thread. Does this mean we should remember 4-16-09 also?

exactly! That's my point! I think ironchef said it more eloquently though...Where is the ops bleeding hearts for every other victim that befalls a tragic death?

FlipKing
04-17-2009, 12:47 AM
The OP wishes you would befall a tragic death.

RL...
04-17-2009, 01:16 AM

:D wont happen. I'm going to be the 1st human to live forever.

RL...
04-17-2009, 01:18 AM

You need to find a girl man....u take htis internet shiz too seriously I gots ma girlk comin over now so im gonna go handle that, have fun here buddy