PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Bumper

chaseamundo
04-15-2009, 05:29 PM
I just got a new turbo kit and i need to figure out how the hell to cut the bumper to fit the intercooler.
what tools do i need?
and any extra advice i might need.

uproot
04-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Dremel.

/thread

chaseamundo
04-15-2009, 05:38 PM
?dremel?

explain?

uproot
04-15-2009, 05:41 PM
dremel. it's a rotary saw, small, handheld, easy to maneuver.

just figure out where you need the cuts to be, cut a small amount at a time until you get it right, test fit and keep going at it. you can always take more away, but you cant add it back if you cut too much.

chaseamundo
04-15-2009, 05:42 PM
true that.
thanks man

uproot
04-15-2009, 05:44 PM
yeah you can get them online, home depot, lowes, etc... im sure someone else will chime in with some more ideas, but from what i've seen dremel is the easiest and cleanest for DIY bumper cuttage - plus you can always find things to use it for in the future, such as griding, sanding, and polishing various things LOL

eraser4g63
04-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Cut off Wheel, Body saw, dremel hell if you are really good a reciprocating saw. the first two are Air powered tools though I'm sure you can find electric counterparts. Some tips would be measure first and cut a little at a time, and test fit with each cut. Use painters tape to tape up the pieces you'll be cutting there is no such thing as too much tape. Above all take your time and do it right the first go around or you will be buying a new bumper. And don't drive around with the FMIC hanging out someone will steal it.

oneSLOWex
04-15-2009, 06:17 PM
advance has a knock off dremel for like $25 comes with all sorts of little attachments....works great too!

but yeah like someone else said....cut out a little at a time otherwise its gonna look dumb

chaseamundo
04-15-2009, 06:23 PM
what do you mean dont let it hang out.
have the bumper holding it in?