PDA

View Full Version : Misc Trading Spouses on CMT

speedminded
04-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Watching for the first time today and I'm speechless on the attitude of Anne Marie Burgess, the Florida blond, in the episode 209. Goes from Florida to patronize a Wisconsin farm family. Seriously?

On her initial visit to the new families house in Wisconsin she says all this non-sense of my house is different, my house has this, my room is twice this size with a california king bed with 4 posts and canopy (ironically her room is actually smaller that the one in Wisonsin), my kitchen sink has a view of a 13 acre lake, "you don't have that here."

Because she's been to France once in her life she's a goddess of world culture? Read to them in French? Why on earth would they need to know French?!

Criticizing the family for never having chicken marsala? Big fuckig deal, they've never sauteed mushrooms in wine and put it on chicken...since when does that make them a lower life form than her?

I would have payed to be present on set during that episode. I would tear that leather skinned bitch a new one. Asking if they have organic grocery stores because "that's all she eats". Does she not realize she's ON A FARM?!!! They're not pumping steroids in their animals or pesticides on their garden...it's all organic lol!

"They don't have dancing in Wisconsin". What kind ignorant statement is that? Just because they aren't dancing in the living room of their farm house means that nobody dances there? lol! The nations largest music festival is in Wisconsin with an average of 2,500 performers!!

"These people don't have DJ's at parties in their homes". Maybe "these people" have better things to do like feeding the animals and making sure the farm is working with relaxing afterwards.

It's ironic that the Florida future skin cancer blond is throwing the husband a party and criticizing them for not being entertaining when the Wisconsin wife is in Florida throwing the husband a party because he's never the center of attention or has a party for him...

speedminded
04-15-2009, 04:36 PM
It's amusing how her attitude changes as soon as she realizes she knows nothing about tools or the farming culture. Miss "I know everything" but doesn't even know what this country began or strives on and couldn't even begin to survive if she couldn't go to a store and buy everything.

I'm from Florida, at least 50% of my family still lives there but that typical hysterical Florida laugh annoys the ever living shit out of me lol!

speedminded
04-15-2009, 05:12 PM
Money is given to each wife/mother split up between the members of the other family. Upon listening to the Florida husband the Wisconsin wife allocated $5k for a trip to Iceland for the Florida wife and husband. The first things she says is what am i supposed to do in Iceland? Not realizing or caring that her husband has studies the Icelandic culture and language and would love to visit there. She seriously thinks the world revolves around her. :no:

The final moment of the show was fitting. The Florida husband drags out two lawn chairs to watch the sunset over the lake sitting in one with the other empty. The camera then switches to the wife looking out the window at him. Switches back to him and the empty chair out back. Then back to her looking out the window wondering what he's doing sitting there. Naive and self-centered doesn't even begin to describe her.

uproot
04-15-2009, 05:15 PM
LOL, you watch CMT.

redneck. :ninja:

speedminded
04-15-2009, 05:48 PM
LOL, you watch CMT.

redneck. :ninja:lol! I only get like 6 channels! VH1, MTV2, CMT, and 3+ Spanish channels. I can only stand so much reality shows on the "music" channels, don't understand most of the spanish, and CMT actually has decent movies at night...

I have to admit I LOVE "My Big Redneck Wedding"....genuine humor lolol!