PDA

View Full Version : General Chat what's up with colored wheels?

TTaz02
04-15-2009, 01:40 PM

FlipKing
04-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Each to his own, all depends on what you want. I drive a black miata with tan top. I plan on going with bronze wheels.

jhadleyh
04-15-2009, 01:42 PM
people get tired of normal and want to stand out....i had some black 24's on my tahoe and i painted the 5 inch lip red just to give it a different look.......i love a classic silver looking wheel though

The Ninja
04-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Please no one take offense to my opinion. I’m not personally "hating" on anyone's ride, I simply don’t understand the mentality. Why is it so common to have painted wheels? I don’t understand why people buy/paint wheels green, red, or purple. Is sleek classic silver just not an option now?
Because silver gets boring, fast.

mocha latte cupcake
depends on the car. Lucy (my old B14) had 4 different color wheels in her life time... it keeps people from copying me and i enjoyed having something "new" on the car to occupy my time :lmfao:

tokeahontas
I've always dreamed of having black on black on black. I'm going to keep my wheels stock and just powder coat them flat black... on my 330i. Is that cheesy?

AnthonyF
04-15-2009, 01:50 PM
I like when they are crazy colors. I am tired of seeing chrome, black w/ polished lip, broze. LAME.

Lets see that lime green, bright blue, fire red. That shit adds taste and creativity.

-Ant.

AnthonyF
04-15-2009, 01:51 PM
depends on the car. Lucy (my old B14) had 4 different color wheels in her life time... it keeps people from copying me and i enjoyed having something "new" on the car to occupy my time :lmfao:

Lucy is now rocking blue or purple rims. I love it. Lane hates it.

-Ant.

jhadleyh
04-15-2009, 01:51 PM
no sir

Humphrizzle
04-15-2009, 01:52 PM
i like silver wheels.. just sometimes its fun to have something different.

tokeahontas
04-15-2009, 01:53 PM
personally i think besides bronze, white, silver, and black it starts getting cheap looking. but thats my opinion.

ultm8mind
04-15-2009, 01:54 PM
I've always dreamed of having black on black on black. I'm going to keep my wheels stock and just powder coat them flat black... on my 330i. Is that cheesy?
You have a BMW, spend a little bit on the rims, LOL, cheap ass. Just playing, as was stated above to each their own.

I also liked some Volks that I saw, they were "Takata" green, and another set of orange ones. I thought they were nice personally. But it would be something just to have people go, "look at those wheels, they're green." Something like that will tend to catch an eye or two...... :2cents:

Paul
04-15-2009, 01:55 PM
Please no one take offense to my opinion. I’m not personally "hating" on anyone's ride, I simply don’t understand the mentality. Why is it so common to have painted wheels? I don’t understand why people buy/paint wheels green, red, or purple. Is sleek classic silver just not an option now?

to me it depends on the car and what is done to it... i've had quite a few two/toned wheels but i think they work b/c my rides are two toned.

on a car like yours silver i would stay w/ silver/polished lip... if you had a red car red wheels w/ polished lip looks nice; just depends on your personality.

Nick Jeezy
04-15-2009, 01:57 PM
i had blue wheels. and then i had gold.

it just depends on the car.

im about to have matte black wheels.

matthewAPM
04-15-2009, 02:00 PM

Please dont. Just buy a set of wheels. If you want flat black, get a set of Dforce LTW5's in flat black. They look great, weigh nothing, and are pretty cheap.

Thats whats going on my car (4 more weeks and they will be done:2up:)

BKgen®
04-15-2009, 02:02 PM
because it's jdm tyte y0!

tokeahontas
04-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Okay but I really love my stock wheels, they are the sport, lightweight and I really don't want to change them unless I get like AC Schnitzer wheels. But any other after market would look tacky and cheap. Honestly i love my wheels.. i really dont want to change them except to color them black.

Please dont. Just buy a set of wheels. If you want flat black, get a set of Dforce LTW5's in flat black. They look great, weigh nothing, and are pretty cheap.

Thats whats going on my car (4 more weeks and they will be done:2up:)

RedEj8
04-15-2009, 03:42 PM
because it's jdm tyte y0!

Indeed it is. That's actually in a ection of SuperStreet this month.. JDM stuff you have to have..lime green or pink wheels is one of them.

JITB
04-15-2009, 03:44 PM
it used to be different.. now its not.

gtrmonkey
04-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Pretty soon people are going to go back to Neons to be different. That the day everyone will say Royal Silver car is cool.

bowdown201
04-15-2009, 04:08 PM
I did mine just to be a lil different even though everyone is doing it now. Plus I get really bored at looking at the same color scheme everyday. I also think its funny when you average Joe looks at it and is all like whaaaaaaaaaa??

The Youngn
04-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Go gloss. I thought of doing a matte black on my wheels but went with gloss at the last minute and i makes me smile from ear to ear everytime i clean them and see that shine:D

BKgen®
04-16-2009, 07:51 AM
Indeed it is. That's actually in a ection of SuperStreet this month.. JDM stuff you have to have..lime green or pink wheels is one of them.

lol... no kidding? Doesn't surprise me. I stopped reading super street a long ass time ago. Modified FTW.

RedEj8
04-16-2009, 11:13 AM
lol... no kidding? Doesn't surprise me. I stopped reading super street a long ass time ago. Modified FTW.

I have a left over subscription that I got at NOPI 2 years ago that i paid $20 for..2 Year subscription and I think its been over 2 years.

Anyway, the section is "Big in Japan..The popular JDM trend that we love"

Included is the Driver badges for young or old, JDM tight license plates that say shit like VT-EC, Quick release steering wheels, Bright big ass Tow hooks, Brightly Colored wheels, Canards mounted to the side of your front bumpers,etc...

What's funny is I see at least one of these almost daily.

collins
04-16-2009, 11:20 AM

those whores like FnF too mcuh.... wonder who owes who a 10 second car now? :dunno:

-whoreslounge whore

IndianStig
04-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Silver just gets old!

BKgen®
04-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Anyway, the section is "Big in Japan..The popular JDM trend that we love"

Included is the Driver badges for young or old, JDM tight license plates that say shit like VT-EC, Quick release steering wheels, Bright big ass Tow hooks, Brightly Colored wheels, Canards mounted to the side of your front bumpers,etc...

What's funny is I see at least one of these almost daily.

That's the single most retarded thing IMO. Listen people, your car has a stock tow hook put there by the factory which works just fine. And we all know you don't track your car. Judging by the flawless painted finish on the hook, the only thing it's ever been used for is to hang stuffed animals off of. What a joke.

XLR8NMR2
04-16-2009, 12:20 PM
everything has been done before so nothing looks new

GGPIS3
04-16-2009, 12:25 PM
imo... colored wheels can look good if applied properly. the problem is that most of the people doing it, do it to stand out or to get more attention not realizing the whole package should be what attracts peoples' attention, not just the wheels. if you put too much emphasis on the wheels, you take away from the car and it just looks stupid. its all about balance.

collins
04-16-2009, 12:30 PM
imo... colored wheels can look good if applied properly. the problem is that most of the people doing it, do it to stand out or to get more attention not realizing the whole package should be what attracts peoples' attention, not just the wheels. if you put too much emphasis on the wheels, you take away from the car and it just looks stupid. its all about balance. MARTHA FOCKIN TRooF!!!

-whoreslounge whore

SLOWLYbtngU
04-16-2009, 12:35 PM
b/c I like it ;)

BKgen®
04-16-2009, 12:36 PM
b/c I like it ;)

ricer

:rolleyes:

*runs*

Ruiner
04-16-2009, 03:16 PM

Can you honestly tell me that the "colored" wheels that I bought for my old car didn't look good? Really?

http://i39.tinypic.com/256skd5.jpg

BKgen®
04-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Can you honestly tell me that the "colored" wheels that I bought for my old car didn't look good? Really?

http://i39.tinypic.com/256skd5.jpg

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the JDM tyte blues, reds, greens, pinks, and purples.... not black. :goodjob:

Humphrizzle
04-16-2009, 03:22 PM

hondatuning's the only mag i buy.

RedEj8
04-16-2009, 03:31 PM
I thought HT got 86'd?

BawlsEnergy
04-16-2009, 03:32 PM
everything has been done before so nothing looks new

goddamit...i thought you died already....

Humphrizzle
04-16-2009, 03:33 PM
I thought HT got 86'd?

incorrectamundo!!!

BKgen®
04-16-2009, 03:34 PM
wouldn't that tear a hole in the universe, or make all the honda boys' heads explode at the very least?

Humphrizzle
04-16-2009, 03:40 PM
yes

BKgen®
04-16-2009, 03:50 PM
lulz

RedEj8
04-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Didn't HT cut the issues down to like 6 a year?

Julio
04-16-2009, 05:51 PM
A few years ago it was called rice... But Im sure there was a nice little honda in a hot magazine with some colored wheels or some douche on Honda Tech that did it.. and the rest is history.

Julio
04-16-2009, 05:57 PM
This was back in 01 - I was a ricer - and you would maybe see a hand full of people with "black" Or "Gunmetal" wheels on there hondas back in those days..

RedEj8
04-16-2009, 07:45 PM
^ What kind of engine did you have in it?

yerrow
04-16-2009, 07:53 PM
i don't mind aftermarket wheels in any color...but the worst is stock wheels painted wild colors

speedminded
04-17-2009, 01:55 AM
http://image.hondatuningmagazine.com/f/9679387/htup_0804_06_z+april_2008_oh_snaps_photo_contest+k ristoff_lutchman_takata_nsx_race_car.jpg

ksniperfox
04-17-2009, 06:45 AM
lol. without going cheaply custom, only way to stand out is to buy some expensive shit that nobody else has. id like some volk ce28n or ssr wheels for the s2k, but thats pushin 2k before i even get tires.

if i do anything with wheels, probably just paint them black to match everything else. i dont hate the stock wheel. i dont even mind it being silver since everyone else does black/bronze, etc.

Bigt8aford
04-17-2009, 08:21 AM

if you got the cash, its your ride, do as you please :goodjob:

SPOOLIN
04-17-2009, 08:48 AM
This was back in 01 - I was a ricer - and you would maybe see a hand full of people with "black" Or "Gunmetal" wheels on there hondas back in those days..

i was a gunmetal fan back in them days on stock civics, even though i had a riced out del sol.

Doppelgänger
04-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Shit, I painted some wheels I had on my Miata gold back in 01 when there weren't that many people running around with gold (and by gold, I mean like the STi gold...not ghetto gold). Then I did the red GT3s on my car (which was pearl white) in early 03 before that got all popular.

It's all about makign the car look "right". Normally I don't care for the black/polished lip, but I have a set that looks "right" with the car...but I constantly see shit on thoer cars that looks like ass.

speedminded
04-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Shit, I painted some wheels I had on my Miata gold back in 01 when there weren't that many people running around with gold (and by gold, I mean like the STi gold...not ghetto gold). Then I did the red GT3s on my car (which was pearl white) in early 03 before that got all popular.

It's all about makign the car look "right". Normally I don't care for the black/polished lip, but I have a set that looks "right" with the car...but I constantly see shit on thoer cars that looks like ass.As long as the wheel (& tire) has the "right" fitment then sometimes the style and color doesn't matter...as long as it doesn't clash with the scheme of the car anyways. Your black/polished lips wheels fit perfect on the Miata!

I've been painting wheels black since '94 lol! Not just on go-karts or the spokes black on bicycles either lol! I was around 14 or 15 when I painted the white wheels on our '69 Chevy dually black. Also painted one un-prepped stock wheel on my Z32 300zx graphite in '99 or 00 just to see how it would look then wiped it all off because I just wanted to get different wheels instead lol! I wanted O.Z. Mito Modulars with a graphite center and polished lip on my dark blue z32 so bad...yeah that never happened lol!

big mac
04-17-2009, 11:46 AM

i read that issue as you can tell from my sig :ninja:

Dirty Octopus™
04-17-2009, 11:54 AM
what color should i paint my wheels? :thinking:

mocha latte cupcake
04-17-2009, 11:59 AM
white pearl with a brandy wine flake :ninja: