PDA

View Full Version : help car wont crank

allmotorX
04-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Well a few days ago my fuel pump went out on me so i recently just changed it yesterday. Now my car wont crank when i try turning it over with the key. Im getting fuel and spark but still wont crank. I can pop the clutch all day long and it cranks and runs perfect, but like i said when i turn the key it wont crank for shit all it does is turn over any help would greatly appreciate

allmotorX
04-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Fuel pump main relay works all my fuses are good i dont think its the starter

Tyl0rWeaver
04-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Call AAA :)

jk man, so you ARE getting spark, fuel, and it just won't crank under the starter??
I'd pop the clutch down your driveway, drive it to Advanced/AutoZone, and have them do a starter diagnosis.. It COULD possibly be that. Or alternator somehow even..?

Sorry to hear that son!

allmotorX
04-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Call AAA :)

jk man, so you ARE getting spark, fuel, and it just won't crank under the starter??
I'd pop the clutch down your driveway, drive it to Advanced/AutoZone, and have them do a starter diagnosis.. It COULD possibly be that. Or alternator somehow even..?

Sorry to hear that son!Popped the clutch and went to advance they told me i had to turn the car off before they could do it so i just left it could be the starter

EmminoDaGreat
04-15-2009, 03:30 PM
You said the motor turns over, so b is probably out...but...
Maybe your starter
A: Doesnt give the rpm needed to crank an engine
B: Doesnt really turn the engine over...

Black4DrEK
04-15-2009, 03:36 PM
test the starter

Tyl0rWeaver
04-15-2009, 03:38 PM
test the starter

:thinking: :doh:

Black4DrEK
04-15-2009, 03:46 PM
:thinking: :doh:

:thinking: :doh: It hasnt been done!!! and its probly the problem :tongue1:

Grimm Reeper
04-15-2009, 07:21 PM
:ninja:

allmotorX
04-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Found the problem my fpr is not holding fuel pressure and also i have to be on level ground of a hill to crank it thru the ignition due to the way i put the pump wtf but other than that it runs perfect

Black4DrEK
04-15-2009, 10:15 PM
So did you fix it?

well atleast your runing again thats good...

frankXVX
04-15-2009, 10:26 PM
did your car die on you on 85s and you left it near northdruid hills exit? just wondering cause i drove by and saw a crx on the side and a cop was looking at it i was like awwww LOL GL DUDE

allmotorX
04-16-2009, 06:44 PM
did your car die on you on 85s and you left it near northdruid hills exit? just wondering cause i drove by and saw a crx on the side and a cop was looking at it i was like awwww LOL GL DUDEyea prolly was mine im surprised they didnt tow it it looks stripped out on the inside no interior at all im glad they didnt i couldnt afford to get it out