PDA

View Full Version : HELP ASAP

bpoweredhatch
04-15-2009, 01:49 AM
Ok i took my oil pan off today after some ppl came over and listened to my motor it doesnt have a knock at idle but when you rev it a little it does. below is a picture of what was in the oil pick up what could it be dont think it messed up anything major. and it doesnt stick to a magnet.

bpoweredhatch
04-15-2009, 01:52 AM
rods seem to be fine they dont move back an forth but they do move a litte side to side which is normal right?

EmminoDaGreat
04-15-2009, 02:01 AM
thats that bearing!! woo woo!! check the mains,rods,thrust.... especially if you have main studs..

DirtyMechanic
04-15-2009, 02:05 AM
bearing material is non ferrous. so a magnet wont pick it up. if it does... wow you have mechanical issues with that motor. but yeah check your mains and rods and fromt that youll probably see where you need to go. doesnt help that its on a dark pizza box. dry it off and get it on some white paper. we will be better able to see what it is. looks like fariy dust right now to me.

bpoweredhatch
04-15-2009, 02:09 AM
hoping i can just change the rods and mains.

DirtyMechanic
04-15-2009, 02:16 AM
normally you cant just change bearings without measuring them. who knows might be to tight and lock the motor up within a minute. might be too loose and knock all to hell. either way youll usually need a new crank and rods. if something really goes back a block due to the line bore of the crank being all fucked to hell and back from a spun bearing.

its not like brake pads where you just slap in some new ones. they have tight clearances that have to be met. and that takes taking the motor out and tearing it down to measure the crank. and put the bearing is the block and rods and measure the bore. and hope the crank is big or small enought to fit inside and have the right clearance between them.