PDA

View Full Version : Sports Oscar De La Hoya officially retires

asshowl
04-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Oscar De La Hoya has been one of my favorite athletes for the past 10 years, I mean whats not to like about the guy. In his prime he had ungodly power in his left hand and the ferocity which he threw it with made you think twice about dropping your right hand. This guy is like Tiger Woods of boxing, even though a lot of people were not boxing fans everybody knew who he was. Oscar made millions and in the process dodged no one , he always fought the best and thats the legacy which Im going to remember him by. A warrior who tested his abilities against the very best the sport offered at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFP7K7NTo98

cactusEG
04-14-2009, 11:44 PM
I have to agree. Dude has always been a fierce warrior in the ring. Also one of my all time fav boxers.

I wish he wouldnt retire just yet. I think he still has one more fight left in him...

BB6dohcvtec
04-15-2009, 09:55 AM
what one more fight left in him? do you mean one more beat down coming to him? He was one of the GREATEST in his prime, but after awhile his fights started to become laughable.

Master Shake
04-15-2009, 11:05 AM
no one can stay on top forever, and eventually at some point they are gonna have to step down.

he had his reign of terror on a lot of folks, then he started to drop off a little, so i think he kinda knew his time was done, and might as well put it to rest before trying to regain his top spot cause it could lead to his getting beat again. and honestly, no one wants to lose, so he kinda knows that now is a good time to stop before he takes another loss.

cactusEG
04-15-2009, 11:12 AM
what one more fight left in him? do you mean one more beat down coming to him? He was one of the GREATEST in his prime, but after awhile his fights started to become laughable.

no one can stay on top forever, and eventually at some point they are gonna have to step down.

he had his reign of terror on a lot of folks, then he started to drop off a little, so i think he kinda knew his time was done, and might as well put it to rest before trying to regain his top spot cause it could lead to his getting beat again. and honestly, no one wants to lose, so he kinda knows that now is a good time to stop before he takes another loss.

just what I was about to say !

cactusEG
04-15-2009, 11:19 AM
ONE_OF_MY_FAV_FIGHTS_CHAVEZ_VS_DELA_HOYA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX0c3v2D5ZQ)

BB6dohcvtec
04-15-2009, 12:23 PM
just what I was about to say !

hint to why he should have done this sooner.

americanctm
04-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Yea he should have retired but it is still a sad day for boxing... He was one of the greatest, i grew up watching him fight.

I'm just glad he closed the book by saying this is it, he will never come back like so many other greats shouldn't have done. With boxing already dying an idol like De La Hoya leaving the sport is really detrimental though.