PDA

View Full Version : my "automatic" green hatch

jdm-civic
04-14-2009, 06:26 PM
ok so i bought my hatch about three years ago from carey paul honda in like mint condition not one problem cuz it was driven my some old lady.....i find myself to be the luck owner to a unmolested civic hatchback!!!! n-e ways, no real problems yet other the the occasional bald tires and i did have to replace the distributor because the shaft was going bad a was making a really bad squeeling noise( it was so stuck that when i took it off i couldnt turn the shaft by hand!!!) but so far its been very good to me despite the fact its a automatic!!!......now dont just down it cuz i told u its a automatic because this auto has held its own against many cars and on the twisties its a beast cuz i dont have to concentrate on shifting and i can hold the rpms by putting it in 1,2,3 or D4 and by doing this i can act as if it were a stickshift. now for those of you who say auto matics are crap and are useless, you just havent been in the passenger seat of one being driven like it should be driven. Being a automatic isnt so bad once you get used to it especially on bumper to pbumper traffic it is bliss just gas and brake gas and brake.....plus 5 speed owners have one big cluth that wears out like a mother, the auto has a seprate set of clutch packs for each gear so its like 4 clutchs in one, they may be a bitch to replace but i guarantee it will last long than a 5 speed thats driven the same way or manner. but enough of this slushbox jargon, just really wanna talk about the honda in general. from a automakers point of veiw, hondas have really stood the test of time being one of the #1 auto maufacterers in not only the us but all across the world. that is saying a very big statement if you were to ask me, but not just cause im a honda lover but also because i think honda is the best type of car on the roads today.....just look at it reliability like a mother, good sales, resale values, not to mention the cross platforming that is possible....speeking of cross platforming, a friend of mines has a 93 hatch like mines but he swapped in a f22 vtec accord motor and that thing id pretty dang quick but you would never think about someone putting a accord motor in a civic(next to Bisimoto). just a few thoughts i thought id put on the board today as a surf IA.......until next time!

MongolPup
04-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Moved to the Whoreslounge so that people can discuss your thoughts.

HypnoToad
04-14-2009, 06:42 PM
toyota > honda

Atlblkz06
04-14-2009, 06:43 PM
lol...

CG2PROJECT
04-14-2009, 06:47 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/30/fail_thread.jpg

Zodiac
04-14-2009, 06:48 PM
what was the point of this thread?

MongolPup
04-14-2009, 06:49 PM
what was the point of this thread?

This:

just a few thoughts i thought id put on the board today as a surf IA.......until next time!

changaroo
04-14-2009, 06:50 PM
can i get a ride in this green hatch? i want the experience.

One_Bad_SHO
04-14-2009, 06:53 PM
ok so i bought my hatch about three years ago from carey paul honda in like mint condition not one problem cuz it was driven my some old lady.....i find myself to be the luck owner to a unmolested civic hatchback!!!! n-e ways, no real problems yet other the the occasional bald tires and i did have to replace the distributor because the shaft was going bad a was making a really bad squeeling noise( it was so stuck that when i took it off i couldnt turn the shaft by hand!!!) but so far its been very good to me despite the fact its a automatic!!!......now dont just down it cuz i told u its a automatic because this auto has held its own against many cars and on the twisties its a beast cuz i dont have to concentrate on shifting and i can hold the rpms by putting it in 1,2,3 or D4 and by doing this i can act as if it were a stickshift. now for those of you who say auto matics are crap and are useless, you just havent been in the passenger seat of one being driven like it should be driven. Being a automatic isnt so bad once you get used to it especially on bumper to pbumper traffic it is bliss just gas and brake gas and brake.....plus 5 speed owners have one big cluth that wears out like a mother, the auto has a seprate set of clutch packs for each gear so its like 4 clutchs in one, they may be a bitch to replace but i guarantee it will last long than a 5 speed thats driven the same way or manner. but enough of this slushbox jargon, just really wanna talk about the honda in general. from a automakers point of veiw, hondas have really stood the test of time being one of the #1 auto maufacterers in not only the us but all across the world. that is saying a very big statement if you were to ask me, but not just cause im a honda lover but also because i think honda is the best type of car on the roads today.....just look at it reliability like a mother, good sales, resale values, not to mention the cross platforming that is possible....speeking of cross platforming, a friend of mines has a 93 hatch like mines but he swapped in a f22 vtec accord motor and that thing id pretty dang quick but you would never think about someone putting a accord motor in a civic(next to Bisimoto). just a few thoughts i thought id put on the board today as a surf IA.......until next time!

Do ya like fishsticks? :ninja:

MongolPup
04-14-2009, 06:54 PM
can i get a ride in this green hatch? i want the experience.

You want the experience? You can't handle the experience!

Atlblkz06
04-14-2009, 06:54 PM
...its a beast cuz i dont have to concentrate on shifting and i can hold the rpms by putting it in 1,2,3 or D4 and by doing this i can act as if it were a stickshift...

You dont have to concentrate on shifting, so you concentrate on shifting an auto instead?

Zodiac
04-14-2009, 06:56 PM
This:

Right..lol

MINI
04-14-2009, 06:58 PM
Do ya like fishsticks? :ninja:

ITS FISHDICKS YOU FOOL

MongolPup
04-14-2009, 07:03 PM
You dont have to concentrate on shifting, so you concentrate on shifting an auto instead?

Listen dickhead, us RWD drivers who have to operate clutches don't know what's going on in the mountains, shut your mouth. I know I did.

One_Bad_SHO
04-14-2009, 07:08 PM
ITS FISHDICKS YOU FOOL

Yes, it's a play on words. However on paper, no one is going to read "fishDICKS" and say Yes.

Common sense man. :lmfao:

Zodiac
04-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Yes, it's a play on words. However on paper, no one is going to read "fishDICKS" and say Yes.

Common sense man. :lmfao:

lulz

quickdodgeŽ
04-14-2009, 07:18 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/UncleBob.jpg

Later, QD.

ep9716
04-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Cliffs?

quickdodgeŽ
04-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Cliffs?

I believe so. Later, QD.

http://www.irishdancingorg.com/docs/images/cliffs-of-moher.jpg

Dr.G35
04-14-2009, 07:46 PM
HA you made me giggle http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/digitalforest/Funny/Epic_Fail.jpg

Nismo
04-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Whats going on here now? Something about a green hatch and an automatic transmission?

Got Milk?
04-14-2009, 08:54 PM

Arm&hammer
04-14-2009, 09:38 PM
you can put a accord motor in a civic?
holy shit!
how do you do that?
can you pm me instructions, and what parts from pep boys do i need?

quickdodgeŽ
04-14-2009, 10:02 PM
you can put a accord motor in a civic?
holy shit!
how do you do that?
can you pm me instructions, and what parts from pep boys do i need?

I ACTUALLY HAVE IT DONE!!!

Later, QD.

HeLLo iM iZzY
04-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Just tell em that momma didn't trust you driving a stick so she bought you a automatic.

Jecht
04-14-2009, 10:46 PM

tdurr
04-14-2009, 10:51 PM

DeeAOne
04-14-2009, 10:53 PM
what the hell is this shit?

On_Her_Face
04-14-2009, 10:54 PM
now for those of you who say auto matics are crap and are useless, you just havent been in the passenger seat of one being driven like it should be driven.

Man it sounds like you know a bunch about cars. Did you go to MIT?

DeeAOne
04-14-2009, 10:55 PM
Man it sounds like you know a bunch about cars. Did you go to MIT?no hes got that A.D.D, that shit.

On_Her_Face
04-14-2009, 10:55 PM
no hes got that A.D.D, that shit.

Ahh that shit!

Humphrizzle
04-15-2009, 04:09 AM

nice essay.. not reading all i see is a bunch of misspelled words and Bisimoto.

AnthonyF
04-15-2009, 05:43 AM
ok so i bought my hatch about three years ago from carey paul honda in like mint condition not one problem cuz it was driven my some old lady.....i find myself to be the luck owner to a unmolested civic hatchback!!!! n-e ways, no real problems yet other the the occasional bald tires and i did have to replace the distributor because the shaft was going bad a was making a really bad squeeling noise( it was so stuck that when i took it off i couldnt turn the shaft by hand!!!) but so far its been very good to me despite the fact its a automatic!!!......now dont just down it cuz i told u its a automatic because this auto has held its own against many cars and on the twisties its a beast cuz i dont have to concentrate on shifting and i can hold the rpms by putting it in 1,2,3 or D4 and by doing this i can act as if it were a stickshift. now for those of you who say auto matics are crap and are useless, you just havent been in the passenger seat of one being driven like it should be driven. Being a automatic isnt so bad once you get used to it especially on bumper to pbumper traffic it is bliss just gas and brake gas and brake.....plus 5 speed owners have one big cluth that wears out like a mother, the auto has a seprate set of clutch packs for each gear so its like 4 clutchs in one, they may be a bitch to replace but i guarantee it will last long than a 5 speed thats driven the same way or manner. but enough of this slushbox jargon, just really wanna talk about the honda in general. from a automakers point of veiw, hondas have really stood the test of time being one of the #1 auto maufacterers in not only the us but all across the world. that is saying a very big statement if you were to ask me, but not just cause im a honda lover but also because i think honda is the best type of car on the roads today.....just look at it reliability like a mother, good sales, resale values, not to mention the cross platforming that is possible....speeking of cross platforming, a friend of mines has a 93 hatch like mines but he swapped in a f22 vtec accord motor and that thing id pretty dang quick but you would never think about someone putting a accord motor in a civic(next to Bisimoto). just a few thoughts i thought id put on the board today as a surf IA.......until next time!ok so i bought my hatch about three years ago from carey paul honda in like mint condition not one problem cuz it was driven my some old lady.....i find myself to be the luck owner to a unmolested civic hatchback!!!! n-e ways, no real problems yet other the the occasional bald tires and i did have to replace the distributor because the shaft was going bad a was making a really bad squeeling noise( it was so stuck that when i took it off i couldnt turn the shaft by hand!!!) but so far its been very good to me despite the fact its a automatic!!!......now dont just down it cuz i told u its a automatic because this auto has held its own against many cars and on the twisties its a beast cuz i dont have to concentrate on shifting and i can hold the rpms by putting it in 1,2,3 or D4 and by doing this i can act as if it were a stickshift. now for those of you who say auto matics are crap and are useless, you just havent been in the passenger seat of one being driven like it should be driven. Being a automatic isnt so bad once you get used to it especially on bumper to pbumper traffic it is bliss just gas and brake gas and brake.....plus 5 speed owners have one big cluth that wears out like a mother, the auto has a seprate set of clutch packs for each gear so its like 4 clutchs in one, they may be a bitch to replace but i guarantee it will last long than a 5 speed thats driven the same way or manner. but enough of this slushbox jargon, just really wanna talk about the honda in general. from a automakers point of veiw, hondas have really stood the test of time being one of the #1 auto maufacterers in not only the us but all across the world. that is saying a very big statement if you were to ask me, but not just cause im a honda lover but also because i think honda is the best type of car on the roads today.....just look at it reliability like a mother, good sales, resale values, not to mention the cross platforming that is possible....speeking of cross platforming, a friend of mines has a 93 hatch like mines but he swapped in a f22 vtec accord motor and that thing id pretty dang quick but you would never think about someone putting a accord motor in a civic(next to Bisimoto). just a few thoughts i thought id put on the board today as a surf IA.......until next time!ok so i bought my hatch about three years ago from carey paul honda in like mint condition not one problem cuz it was driven my some old lady.....i find myself to be the luck owner to a unmolested civic hatchback!!!! n-e ways, no real problems yet other the the occasional bald tires and i did have to replace the distributor because the shaft was going bad a was making a really bad squeeling noise( it was so stuck that when i took it off i couldnt turn the shaft by hand!!!) but so far its been very good to me despite the fact its a automatic!!!......now dont just down it cuz i told u its a automatic because this auto has held its own against many cars and on the twisties its a beast cuz i dont have to concentrate on shifting and i can hold the rpms by putting it in 1,2,3 or D4 and by doing this i can act as if it were a stickshift. now for those of you who say auto matics are crap and are useless, you just havent been in the passenger seat of one being driven like it should be driven. Being a automatic isnt so bad once you get used to it especially on bumper to pbumper traffic it is bliss just gas and brake gas and brake.....plus 5 speed owners have one big cluth that wears out like a mother, the auto has a seprate set of clutch packs for each gear so its like 4 clutchs in one, they may be a bitch to replace but i guarantee it will last long than a 5 speed thats driven the same way or manner. but enough of this slushbox jargon, just really wanna talk about the honda in general. from a automakers point of veiw, hondas have really stood the test of time being one of the #1 auto maufacterers in not only the us but all across the world. that is saying a very big statement if you were to ask me, but not just cause im a honda lover but also because i think honda is the best type of car on the roads today.....just look at it reliability like a mother, good sales, resale values, not to mention the cross platforming that is possible....speeking of cross platforming, a friend of mines has a 93 hatch like mines but he swapped in a f22 vtec accord motor and that thing id pretty dang quick but you would never think about someone putting a accord motor in a civic(next to Bisimoto). just a few thoughts i thought id put on the board today as a surf IA.......until next time!

-Ant.

Humphrizzle
04-15-2009, 05:45 AM
thats a lot of words.

civic95
04-15-2009, 07:04 AM
I know what you're talking about man. A lot of people on here just have no idea. Automatics can be just as fast if shifted properly. I bet you didn't know about the trick honda did with reverse. If you go from 3 to D to R (and you're going above 40 mph) R becomes another forward gear. Taller than D, so it saves you gas on the highway by keeping the engine in the lower RPM range. Try it out.

Humphrizzle
04-15-2009, 07:16 AM
wtf? that's not true at all!

Arm&hammer
04-15-2009, 09:08 PM
I know what you're talking about man. A lot of people on here just have no idea. Automatics can be just as fast if shifted properly. I bet you didn't know about the trick honda did with reverse. If you go from 3 to D to R (and you're going above 40 mph) R becomes another forward gear. Taller than D, so it saves you gas on the highway by keeping the engine in the lower RPM range. Try it out.

i use R on the highway.
i get like 50mpg.

Arm&hammer
04-15-2009, 09:10 PM

Later, QD.

you must be his friend then.
i doubt that there is two people in the world with that kind of swap.

jdm-civic
04-17-2009, 02:37 PM
another story, molested by retardeds......just read it. end of story. and no i didnt go to MIT.....i did go to N.A.D.C tho........

98blackcivic
04-18-2009, 08:44 PM
um sorry but d series automatic is SLOW

Romeo
04-19-2009, 01:34 AM
nice essay.. not reading all i see is a bunch of misspelled words and Bisimoto.
And little to no punctuation!!

Later, QD.
I believe it! Straight swap too!:D

lcortes32
04-19-2009, 11:12 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/UncleBob.jpg

Later, QD.

X2