PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss the thread on Immigration Reform?

eraser4g63
04-14-2009, 04:44 PM
If not I found this odd, Obama now want to nationalize all the illegal immigrants ( or basically give them amnesty). He thinks this will help the economy and he also believes these people have "roots" here. But at the same time this will bring 12-20 million people into a job market that cannot handle that. I will be honest I am not racists but in my line of work I see where alot of the typical race stereotypes come from. I do how ever feel that people have not come here legally have no "right" nor "roots" here. When weeds take root in your garden you pull them up correct? ( sorry for the poor example) Maybe I'm just jaded or maybe I am racist. Any ways here are the links.

This is what he says he wanted to do during his campaign
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/immigration/

Here is the news from NY timeshttp://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/09/us/politics/09immig.html?_r=1&hp

Here it is from another sourcehttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/08/obama-to-push-immigration_n_184960.html

Here is the Google search
Links really long click here (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en-us&ei=8__kSaWGJ5W7tweWi_SlDg&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=obama%27s+immigration+reform&spell=1)

IDK just read it and see what you think.

Total_Blender
04-14-2009, 05:38 PM
If you feel that people who did not come here legally have no claim to "roots" here, then I suggest you go the hell back to wherever the hell your ancestors came from. Our job market is not ready for you.

Gotta pull those weeds out.

eraser4g63
04-14-2009, 05:46 PM
The difference is that my family came over here and followed the rules. IE applied for the citizenship the received it. SOOOOO my grandparents came here legally. I don'tt see why people get in a fucking uproar about this POV. IF you break the law to achieve a goal then you are wrong. Crossing the border (and i emphasize this next word) ILLEGALLY is a felony that makes it wrong. I have no problem with people who come here and pay Taxes and don't leach on our system.

Total_Blender
04-14-2009, 08:09 PM
I have no problem with people who come here and pay Taxes and don't leach on our system.

How do you know your ancestors came over legally? I don't know if all of my ancestors did or not, nor does it matter to me one way or the other. Legal or not, I am proud of them.

If the immigrants in question become naturalized they will have to pay taxes and be a contributing part of the system just like every other American. Given that the other part of this plan involves tightening up security at the border to try to keep new immigrants out, I don't see what the big whoop is about.

SL65AMG
04-14-2009, 08:28 PM
How do you know your ancestors came over legally? I don't know if all of my ancestors did or not, nor does it matter to me one way or the other. Legal or not, I am proud of them.

If the immigrants in question become naturalized they will have to pay taxes and be a contributing part of the system just like every other American. Given that the other part of this plan involves tightening up security at the border to try to keep new immigrants out, I don't see what the big whoop is about.

govt. border security is an oxymoron.... plain and simple

eraser4g63
04-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Because I am only Second Generation in the country on both sides of my family ( Irish and German). The issue is that they are here illegally. If i go out and kill someone the i get punished for it Yes or No? The answer is YES, I go to jail. The proposed actions only say we will close the borders and then include them. No form of punishment, also they would allow that persons family to come over and join them. So we are rewarding them for breaking the LAW and we are rewarding their family as well. If they would like to become citizens by going back and then trying again the right way that would be fine, OR I would conceed to the illeagls that are here now are given work visas but the issue is still they are raping a system they do not input into. They do not put any money into SS, Medicare/medicaid. They do not put any money into Welfare, food stamps, WICA, but they utilize all but SS. When they have work visas they can then get medical insurance through their work place, and can pay into these wonderful ( i say that with as strait a face as possible) systems that they are utilizing now. And 90% of them ( notice I do not use any race or creed) have no reason to be utilizing these systems they also have no right to be using them.

BanginJimmy
04-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Amnesty has been tried once and it did nothing more than create an even larger problem by pardoning 12 million criminals. Doing it again will simply pardon another 20 million criminals and start the process all over again.

Total_Blender
04-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Where is your source that illegals are recieving welfare, food stamps, and WIC? The process to apply for and recieve aid from those programs is lenghty and requires identification. You can't just walk in off the street and get welfare or food stamps... theres a whole lot of verification involved.

eraser4g63
04-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Because I work with them every day, I take them to the hospital, I go through purses and wallets when i transport them because they choose not to speak english. There is alot less verification than you think.

Total_Blender
04-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Because I work with them every day, I take them to the hospital, I go through purses and wallets when i transport them because they choose not to speak english. There is alot less verification than you think.

Do you ask them if they are legal or illegal? A lot of people who don't speak English are still legal citizens.

eraser4g63
04-14-2009, 10:49 PM
No while I look through their stuff asking for a drivers license, ID card, Green Card among other things they look at me like a scared sheep. and when i ask them for a social security number they say "I don't have one" its kind of a dead give away boss-man. I speak decent spanish and can talk with them enough to get them to understand I am not INS and there is stuff they have to tell me or they will die. They tend talk.

NAMNORI
04-14-2009, 10:49 PM
But too many aren't you really need to get your head out of your ass and stop thinking the world runs on honesty. my father emmigrated here from greece and did it legally, he learned the language and followed the god damn rules whats so fucking hard about it? Either do it legally or get the fuck out! Those should be the only choices. Call me a racist do it cause you know you can't do it without looking like a dumbass.

preferredduck
04-15-2009, 02:02 AM
Where is your source that illegals are recieving welfare, food stamps, and WIC? The process to apply for and recieve aid from those programs is lenghty and requires identification. You can't just walk in off the street and get welfare or food stamps... theres a whole lot of verification involved.

dude in the state of texas 80% of the babies that were born in certain areas were all illegal immigrant parents, taxpayers foot the bill. i worked in healthcare billings and collections and either the gov't pays the tab or the hospital writes it off(and usuall y gets it back by the gov't) and after having 5 kids that they let play in buford highway at the bus stops they get medicaid for the mother and 5 kids, she doesn't work and her husband gets paid under the table.

so now the mother and 5 kids are US citizens and get government "perks" after the first child is born in the US. and this talk of "seperating families" is BS. deport the whole family. they came her illegaly and mexico would shoot us snaeking over their border and would not let us get amnesty.

hell have you ever been in a car wreck with an illegal, they drive off and could kill you and the cops have no idea who the hell did it. then your stuck with the bill. and after a 10 state killing spree they can just ho the fence and we will never see them agan.