PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods Ughhh my car hates me!!

Puddin4489
04-13-2009, 10:16 PM
So I go to change my brakes and roters today and apparently there is a special tool to get the roters off my daggum car...never had this problem before.

I really don't wanna spend $130 at honda and my buddies up there are being asses atm so can anyone help...

Just tell me where to get the damn tool or something I'm not askin to do my brakes or anything lol

Captain-Obvious™
04-14-2009, 01:37 AM
you failed to mention the year, make, and model of the car...I'm guessing make is honda since you went to the Honda dealership...

X-Runner
04-14-2009, 01:47 AM
She has an 07 Si... don't ask how I know this. I am NOT stalking her, I swear. :lmao:

AnthonyF
04-14-2009, 09:02 AM
^ I didn't even know it was a chick.

But that explains a lot. '07 car and already needs brakes? LOLOL. My '05 mustang had 100K miles on it and i still had half pad left.

-Ant.

vanvam
04-14-2009, 09:12 AM
Where u live ?

AnthonyF
04-14-2009, 09:14 AM
^taking a wild guess, Hiram, GA.

-Ant.

Puddin4489
04-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Wow so xrunner knows alot about me apparently lol..yea this is the 3rd set of brakes...so Im an aggresive driver

AnthonyF
04-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Wow so xrunner knows alot about me apparently lol..yea this is the 3rd set of brakes...so Im an aggresive driver

No, I am AnthonyF. X-Runner is another member. Why not drive conservatively and save your brakes. :goodjob:

-Ant.

Puddin4489
04-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Okay so you know alot about me lol jp. Whats the fun in that. Its great to see the looks on guys faces when they try to keep up ha ha

AnthonyF
04-14-2009, 12:38 PM
^No I don't. It says you location right under your join date.

keep up? It's a 2.4L that weighs almost as much as my truck. lol Also, accelerating has nothing to do with your brakes unless you are doing it in unsafe conditions where you are slamming on your brakes all the time.

-Ant.

Puddin4489
04-14-2009, 12:41 PM
I was jk dont get so defensive there sir. Almost as much?? Ehhh not so much. But I used to date a guy with an xrunner and spanked his ass thats not to mention he did kinda suck at driving lol. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do and if that means hard braking then so be it lol

mocha latte cupcake
04-14-2009, 12:45 PM
puddin cups - don't tempt ant into bringing out his blue balled beast of toyota furry fierceness... also WTF kinda tool does a honda need for brakes?!?!?! WTF :thinking:

Puddin4489
04-14-2009, 12:50 PM
haha Im scared!!! jpjpjp I dont know some bs to make money off of me

Puddin4489
04-14-2009, 01:29 PM
So still no one has answered my question

AnthonyF
04-14-2009, 02:32 PM
puddin cups - don't tempt ant into bringing out his blue balled beast of toyota furry fierceness... also WTF kinda tool does a honda need for brakes?!?!?! WTF :thinking:

I do slang my truck like a mutha fucka. :goodjob:

Puddin-look, no1 can answer your damn question b/c you havent given us a make, model, year, front, rears, which part? Caliper? Bracket? hose? Wheel? Master cylinder? I own a shop and I have no idea what you are trying to describe.

-Ant.

Puddin4489
04-14-2009, 02:38 PM
You already know what it is thats all you need for some roters geez calm down

AnthonyF
04-14-2009, 02:44 PM
You already know what it is thats all you need for some roters geez calm down

1. I am clam.

2. It's ROTOR.

But I still have no idea what your trying to say. You can't get the caliper off? Caliper bracket off? or the actual rotor? FRONT OR REAR?

-Ant.

Sammich
04-14-2009, 02:46 PM
1. I am clam.

-Ant.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/geebies100/Lol_wut_pack.jpg

http://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/explorations/03windows/logs/jul28/media/worm_clam_600.jpg

hadouken
04-14-2009, 03:16 PM
x2^

Puddin4489
04-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Wow my bad for some incorrect spelling. No the its a floating rotor its supposed to just pull right off right?? Wrong!! You have to have a tool to push it in and turn at the same time or something... I don't know I mean I am human I am aloud to make mistakes right??

tdurr
04-14-2009, 11:00 PM
No1 is allowed to make mistakes on IA.
THIS IS THE INTERNET!!! ITS FUCKING SERIOUS!!!

TypeRPersonality
04-14-2009, 11:10 PM
Can you take a picture of the dilemma? I think you're referring to an impact screwdriver.

DirtyMechanic
04-15-2009, 01:10 AM
^ I didn't even know it was a chick.

But that explains a lot. '07 car and already needs brakes? LOLOL. My '05 mustang had 100K miles on it and i still had half pad left.

-Ant. because you drive like a old man. no mtn run for you.:taun:

No, I am AnthonyF. X-Runner is another member. Why not drive conservatively and save your brakes. :goodjob:

-Ant. because brakes are cheap.

ant she also said rotors in the first post.:goodjob: read much?:taun:

Wow my bad for some incorrect spelling. No the its a floating rotor its supposed to just pull right off right?? Wrong!! You have to have a tool to push it in and turn at the same time or something... I don't know I mean I am human I am aloud to make mistakes right??
pssttt if its the rear... take the parking brake off:goodjob: :lmfao:

if not... ummm... might be rusted a little take rubber/plastic hammer and give it a few good hits.

87 Turbo II
04-15-2009, 02:01 AM
On the Rx-7's rear and Protege's front, Mazda requires you use a special tool to open the caliper and push the piston in, that's the only special break tool I know of.

DirtyMechanic
04-15-2009, 02:11 AM
^yeah to turn the piston to get it to go back in the caliper. i have one. woot woot...

AnthonyF
04-15-2009, 05:46 AM
Damn this bitch is stupid.

Mike-drive like old man? You've never seen me drive you boob.

-Ant.

Humphrizzle
04-15-2009, 05:53 AM
the only thing i could think of you needing to get the rotor off is if it's a pressed on rotor. then you'll need a 3 jaw puller to remove them.

3 jaw puller can be found in pretty much any auto parts store.

Humphrizzle
04-15-2009, 05:54 AM
Can you take a picture of the dilemma? I think you're referring to an impact screwdriver.

there is no need for an impact screwdriver for rotor dismounting.

the hub screw does not need to be touched.

TypeRPersonality
04-15-2009, 10:58 AM

Screwdriver, not wrench. Like she unclearly mentioned, they are not floating rotors, yet it is a Honda, which leads me to assume she can't remove the two screws holding in the rotor. I'm not saying I'm right. Just trying to help her with what little information she is giving.

Puddin4489
04-15-2009, 12:10 PM
because you drive like a old man. no mtn run for you.:taun:

because brakes are cheap.

ant she also said rotors in the first post.:goodjob: read much?:taun:

pssttt if its the rear... take the parking brake off:goodjob: :lmfao:

if not... ummm... might be rusted a little take rubber/plastic hammer and give it a few good hits.

Lol thanks..now its just the front and thanks for stickin up lol. Ant must have his panites in a wad sorry

Puddin4489
04-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Screwdriver, not wrench. Like she unclearly mentioned, they are not floating rotors, yet it is a Honda, which leads me to assume she can't remove the two screws holding in the rotor. I'm not saying I'm right. Just trying to help her with what little information she is giving.

They are floating rotors and there is no need to remove the screws to get them off..nevermind I got it thanks for those of you who did try to help without the attitude.

AnthonyF
04-15-2009, 12:13 PM

There would be if there are 2 screws through the rotor holding it on. After 3 brake jobs though they should be toast.

-Ant.

AnthonyF
04-15-2009, 12:15 PM
They are floating rotors and there is no need to remove the screws to get them off..nevermind
Floating rotors can still be attached. Thats why we needed pictures dummy.

I got it thanks for those of you who did try to help without the attitude.

Case Closed. You're still an idiot.

-Ant.