PDA

View Full Version : BMW AMP Bypass

rude_lude911
04-13-2009, 08:56 PM
does anyone here kno how to bypass the BMW factory amp. My car's a 97' 328i and i fully installed a new Panasonic radio in it. It works prefectly just no sound. The speakers come on if I switch to AM or FM stations but not CD mode. If anyone had this problem and fixed it. Please inform me on how to. Thanx

okra1981
04-13-2009, 09:53 PM
I know there must be a module that you can buy, I've been searching some sites, lazily, and haven't come up with anything just yet.
I know that you can always bypass any factory system by running new speaker wires to new speakers, and this being an eleven year old car, that might not be a bad idea. I never worked on many BMWs when I was installing in MS though, it was kind of a poor area of the state and we didn't see many new or used luxury cars and there were no dealerships near us.
I'll tell you though, some of the Bose integration units and others that I've used haven't always worked all that well. Even in my brother's Avalon, it never really integrated with the system all that well and would go static every now and then. I almost always preferred replacing everything. I can't tell you how I feared seeing the dreaded Bose emblem in all of those stupid cars, a big hassle. Just thank yourself that you didn't buy a Cadillac Avante.

b@d @pple
04-13-2009, 11:53 PM
you dont have to bypass it..there is a white wire(factory amplifier turn on) on the factory radio harness..it needs ignition(red) or remote output(blue/white) from your panasonic.THE REASON IT ONLY PLAYS ON AM.FM IS BECAUSE YOU NEED TO USE THE REMOTE TURN ON WIRE(BLUE/WHITE)NOT THE SOLID BLUE ANTENNA WIRE..THE SOLID BLUE WIRE ONLY OUTPUTS 12V WHEN THE RADIO MODE IS ON(TO CONTROL A POWER ANTENNA)THE BLUE/WHITE IS YOUR REMOTE TURN ON LEAD,IT SUPPLIES 12VOLTS AS LONG AS THE UNIT IS ON ..IN ANY MODE

speedminded
04-14-2009, 07:20 AM
you dont have to bypass it..there is a white wire(factory amplifier turn on) on the factory radio harness..it needs ignition(red) or remote output(blue/white) from your panasonic.THE REASON IT ONLY PLAYS ON AM.FM IS BECAUSE YOU NEED TO USE THE REMOTE TURN ON WIRE(BLUE/WHITE)NOT THE SOLID BLUE ANTENNA WIRE..THE SOLID BLUE WIRE ONLY OUTPUTS 12V WHEN THE RADIO MODE IS ON(TO CONTROL A POWER ANTENNA)THE BLUE/WHITE IS YOUR REMOTE TURN ON LEAD,IT SUPPLIES 12VOLTS AS LONG AS THE UNIT IS ON ..IN ANY MODEFrom the master installer himself! :goodjob:

DynamicSound
04-14-2009, 03:52 PM
you dont have to bypass it..there is a white wire(factory amplifier turn on) on the factory radio harness..it needs ignition(red) or remote output(blue/white) from your panasonic.THE REASON IT ONLY PLAYS ON AM.FM IS BECAUSE YOU NEED TO USE THE REMOTE TURN ON WIRE(BLUE/WHITE)NOT THE SOLID BLUE ANTENNA WIRE..THE SOLID BLUE WIRE ONLY OUTPUTS 12V WHEN THE RADIO MODE IS ON(TO CONTROL A POWER ANTENNA)THE BLUE/WHITE IS YOUR REMOTE TURN ON LEAD,IT SUPPLIES 12VOLTS AS LONG AS THE UNIT IS ON ..IN ANY MODE

X2

rude_lude911
04-16-2009, 07:27 PM
thanx to all for the support. AND IT WORKED!!!!

okra1981
05-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Oh, I was thinking that it acted like a Bose amp, my bad. It's been a while since I've done anything professional and I'm a little cobwebby.

DinanM3atl
05-21-2009, 11:14 PM
BMW is 99.9% of the time Blue to Blue/White :)

NEVER bypass the OEM amp if you are just installing a head unit. Would have to mess around making custom crossovers and such.