PDA

View Full Version : iphone trouble can anyone help

autobahn
04-11-2009, 01:35 PM
I have the original iphone and it will not power on at all when i plug it into my PC it doesn't show up it wont even show any sign of power. But while its plugged up to the wall the silver apple appears and disappears repeatedly. I cant do a complete restore on it because my computer doesn't even recognize my iphone. Ive tried holding the home button and holding the top button still nothing. BTW my phone has not been hacked or jailbreaked.

autobahn
04-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Also Ive used different usb ports on my PC.

TIGERJC
04-11-2009, 03:12 PM
have you tried the soft reset on it

toxxxic
04-11-2009, 03:19 PM
i had one that did the same thing.... opened it up & apparently it "got wet" according to the wetness indicator.

i've heard of phones getting too much humidity in them & breaking. like if you leave it in the bathroom while you shower or if you go on vacation to a really humid place - i know it seems crazy but humidity can really fuck up phones.

Justin.
04-11-2009, 03:25 PM
put your phone into recovery mode, then plug connect it to itunes and it should recognize your phone as a phone in recovery mode it will reboot it, then load all your stuff you have saved on itunes back on it.

Google recovery mode to see how to do it.

Justin.
04-11-2009, 03:27 PM
i had one that did the same thing.... opened it up & apparently it "got wet" according to the wetness indicator.

i've heard of phones getting too much humidity in them & breaking. like if you leave it in the bathroom while you shower or if you go on vacation to a really humid place - i know it seems crazy but humidity can really fuck up phones.

Don't have to open and Iphone to see the wetness indicator, just look down the headphone jack, you see pink it got wet, see white and you're fine.

3.5altman
04-11-2009, 04:32 PM
it may need a new battery

autobahn
04-11-2009, 07:02 PM
just got back from the apple store needs a new battery which cost $199 and to buy a new iphone cost $199. Thank you everyone for tryin to help though