PDA

View Full Version : question and don't know where to post

jadeutsch
04-11-2009, 12:29 PM
i am new to this forum so i am really sorry if i posted this in the wrong section.

i just have a simple question. i just bought a 09 mercedes c350. where can i take it to get performance mods done to? what can i get done to it. this is my first mercedes ever, so i have not a lot of knowledge of what i can/should and can/should not do to it. any suggestion's would be appreciated

thanks Dustin

DirtyMechanic
04-11-2009, 12:43 PM
you bought the wrong kind of car to mod. but if you must know. OrtonPerformance.com the guys name is Neil. he def knows he german stuff and hes local up in cummings off exit 13 on 400.

quickdodgeŽ
04-11-2009, 12:50 PM
hes local up in cummings off exit 13 on 400.

He's an up-in-coming man, huh? Lolol.

I've heard about these guys doing German cars as well. Later, QD.

DirtyMechanic
04-11-2009, 12:51 PM
He's an up-in-coming man, huh? Lolol.

I've heard about these guys doing German cars as well. Later, QD.yeah Neil does crazy things with porsches and a few lambos.

AnthonyF
04-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Why didn't you purchase a more correct car for performance? You could have bought 2 C5 Z06's a viper or 2 that look better and are faster than that benz.

-Ant.

DirtyMechanic
04-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Why didn't you purchase a more correct car for performance? You could have bought 2 C5 Z06's a viper or 2 that look better and are faster than that benz.

-Ant.because like me he probably likes his luxury stuff too.:taun:

AnthonyF
04-11-2009, 01:33 PM
^ok...but then why is he looking at getting a mighty civic or prelude? LOLOL

-Ant.

DirtyMechanic
04-11-2009, 01:50 PM
^where does it say that?

jadeutsch
04-11-2009, 02:02 PM

-Ant.
well i hurt my arm in a accident and because of it can't drive a stick anymore, plus i wanted a nice daily driver that still has a lot of performance,

jadeutsch
04-11-2009, 02:04 PM
the civic is just for pure fun thats cheap, gives me something to mess around with without destryoing the benz

jadeutsch
04-11-2009, 02:07 PM
you bought the wrong kind of car to mod. but if you must know. OrtonPerformance.com the guys name is Neil. he def knows he german stuff and hes local up in cummings off exit 13 on 400.
thanks a lot man, i know i bought the wrong car to really mod. i am just looking to do somethings to it to make it a bit quicker, maybe a supercharger but i don't know if there is one out for that engine

blackshine007
04-11-2009, 03:05 PM

-Ant.Why didn't you purchase a more correct car for performance? Some people like being different. I'm certain that there's a tuner out there that mods the C class cars and gets them to put out some nice numbers. But I wouldn't tell him that he should get another vehicle. That 3.5L V6 makes a decent amount of power and motivates the C pretty well for what it is.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=120812
http://mercedesforum.com/forum/index.php

I would consider doing a custom turbo set up. I would get a quote from Orton Performance to see if they will build something for you.

AnthonyF
04-11-2009, 03:10 PM
the civic is just for pure fun thats cheap, gives me something to mess around with without destryoing the benzThen why are you asking to modify the Benz? Kinda defeats the whole purpose of this thread.

-Ant.

AnthonyF
04-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Why didn't you purchase a more correct car for performance? Some people like being different. I'm certain that there's a tuner out there that mods the C class cars and gets them to put out some nice numbers. But I wouldn't tell him that he should get another vehicle. That 3.5L V6 makes a decent amount of power and motivates the C pretty well for what it is.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=120812
http://mercedesforum.com/forum/index.php

I would consider doing a custom turbo set up. I would get a quote from Orton Performance to see if they will build something for you.You shut your whore mouth. I didn't want a car. Wanted something to haul my shit, my dog, and my very soon to be bike. :goodjob::taun:

-Ant.

Tech5
04-11-2009, 03:17 PM

-Ant.

whats the point to be like everyone else. I think if he has the money that car will be a beast!

AnthonyF
04-11-2009, 03:22 PM
whats the point to be like everyone else. I think if he has the money that car will be a beast!3.5L V6 benz. They werent made for performance AND he said he doesn't want to destroy the benz. If he wanted performance he would have got the AMG.

-Ant.

Tech5
04-11-2009, 03:28 PM
3.5L V6 benz. They werent made for performance AND he said he doesn't want to destroy the benz. If he wanted performance he would have got the AMG.

-Ant.

they have a turbokit out for the 3.5L that can put down 350-425 near stock I seen a few up north that has been very well upgraded...But cost doing that could buy 2 of your trucks lol j/k

But I assure you the OP doesnt have that much to spend more like dreamers, but you can do small stuff, exhaust ,intake, but need to make them yourself cost is high for aftermarket parts due to the lack of others buying for this model.Agree AMG would be sweet and POWER!

AnthonyF
04-11-2009, 03:34 PM
low blow you bish! lololz

I wouldnt touch the Benz b/c it would destroy that warranty, and he def needs it. :goodjob:

-Ant.

DirtyMechanic
04-11-2009, 04:26 PM
geez ant why do you got to come on and be a dick about what he wants to mod. jealous of the uber sessi C-class? come on he was to play a little. just help him out. he knows he really didnt get the best thing to start moding. but really what is?

dont say honda.

Tech5
04-11-2009, 04:27 PM
geez ant why do you got to come on and be a dick about what he wants to mod. jealous of the uber sessi C-class? come on he was to play a little. just help him out. he knows he really didnt get the best this to start moding. but really what is?

dont say honda.

Huh:thinking:

AnthonyF
04-11-2009, 04:51 PM
He is contradicting himself. He wants to mod the car but not destroy it. The only "mod" for it is a turbo kit which is a no-no. It will also destroy his warranty. DUH.

-Ant.

jadeutsch
04-11-2009, 05:43 PM
yea, but does anybody know if maybe mercedes offers a supercharger kit through the factory and maybe get it installed at the dealership, something along the lines of that. if that makes any sense. that wouldn't destroy my warranty, just wondering. dodge did shit like that with the srt4 the whole stage 12 or 3 BS, mercedes should do the same. lol, sorry if i am contradicting myself. i want my warranty plus some mods, haha that would be nice right?

GodSon
04-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Yeah, it's called AMG dumbass. Maybe if you were a baller you could have afforded a nice car.

jadeutsch
04-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Yeah, it's called AMG dumbass. Maybe if you were a baller you could have afforded a nice car.
PMS much kid. just wondering.
like i said, i don't know much about mercedes, its my first one, and i am not a baller as you call it, nor do i try to be

GodSon
04-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Then why did you buy that piece of shit? Did you never do any research on a car you're going to purchase? Doesn't sound that wise. Good luck when you can't afford to fix that over rated hunk of junk.

Tech5
04-11-2009, 08:40 PM
yea, but does anybody know if maybe mercedes offers a supercharger kit through the factory and maybe get it installed at the dealership, something along the lines of that. if that makes any sense. that wouldn't destroy my warranty, just wondering. dodge did shit like that with the srt4 the whole stage 12 or 3 BS, mercedes should do the same. lol, sorry if i am contradicting myself. i want my warranty plus some mods, haha that would be nice right?

I am sorry to say they do Not offer anything for this model but basic suspension, axle,upgrades... There is a Shop in NewYork that works on these an makes a turbo kit for them but they cost 10K plus install an dyno , tune etc...Just not worth unless you want that. Horsepower you can expect 250-300 easy from there kits.. Google if not if I run accros I will send you the link... best of luck and ignore the comments about your ride but I think some people buy these types cars to try to look rich but remember if something breaks it will cost a ton to fix these are not cheap to work on.

jadeutsch
04-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Then why did you buy that piece of shit? Did you never do any research on a car you're going to purchase? Doesn't sound that wise. Good luck when you can't afford to fix that over rated hunk of junk.
i did research, i wanted a 335 bmw but i could buy a brand new c350 benz for the same price as a used 335. plus i got free oil change for life, 0 down and 1.9% financing. seemed like a good choice to me. plus for me it's perfect. its comfortable, it looks good and is pretty fast for being stock. i am not looking to street race or anything stupid like that with my car, so why get some high h/p car i just want some more performance that is all.
not trying to be an ass or anything but i have a question. it seems to me that you just hate any car that is not JDM tyte yo. am i right? plus yea german cars are usually more expensive to get fixed, but for safety and quality i choose a german car over anything else.

jadeutsch
04-11-2009, 08:47 PM
I am sorry to say they do Not offer anything for this model but basic suspension, axle,upgrades... There is a Shop in NewYork that works on these an makes a turbo kit for them but they cost 10K plus install an dyno , tune etc...Just not worth unless you want that. Horsepower you can expect 250-300 easy from there kits.. Google if not if I run accros I will send you the link... best of luck and ignore the comments about your ride but I think some people buy these types cars to try to look rich but remember if something breaks it will cost a ton to fix these are not cheap to work on.
thanks man. ouch 10k dollars, fuck

Tech5
04-11-2009, 08:52 PM
i did research, i wanted a 335 bmw but i could buy a brand new c350 benz for the same price as a used 335. plus i got free oil change for life, 0 down and 1.9% financing. seemed like a good choice to me. plus for me it's perfect. its comfortable, it looks good and is pretty fast for being stock. i am not looking to street race or anything stupid like that with my car, so why get some high h/p car i just want some more performance that is all.
not trying to be an ass or anything but i have a question. it seems to me that you just hate any car that is not JDM tyte yo. am i right? plus yea german cars are usually more expensive to get fixed, but for safety and quality i choose a german car over anything else.

There isnt anything wrong with what you bought, your intrest rate is great! and you got a nice car. The problem some people on here has is that you buy a car then dont know anything about an yet ask questions about fixing them up and others just dont think. There is a time I bought something and didnt know anything about and ask questions just like you did. You have not done anything wrong nor are you being the ass here. Proud of you buying a nice car just hope you dont get stuck with something you cant afford. I have ran across others that buys a BMW -BENZ etc but once something breaks and cost 2-4K fix they let the Credit company repo it due to cant fix them....

But anyways lets get back on track!

1st Get yourself a Nice intake with nice K&N filter you can make them most of the time yourself by going to Autozone to buy the parts

2nd. Open that exhaust up BORLA sells a nice exhaust (Muffler) that will work great on this car an sound WOW!!!!!

3rd. lower it and your set and I think you will end up leaving it like that and have plenty of power for a daily! best of luck !