PDA

View Full Version : wth is with my car lately? Replaced alternator, CEL came on?

GetFRESH!
04-11-2009, 06:25 AM
Ok I'll keep this short cause I understand I can just figure out the code and find out what's wrong... but I haven't gotten a chance to do that yet, so I figured I'd just see if this has happened to anyone else.

Basically the short and long of it is I replaced my alternator and now I have a Check Engine Light. Everything that was disconnected (upper ps hose, hose that runs up under the fuel pressure regulator) was reconnected. Big green harness is snuggly plugged in, and ground is attached... but it's throwing a CEL? It's idling perfect, and runs the same as it always has. A bunch of PS fluid leaked out when I disconnected the hose from the pump, and being in a pinch for time to get this done before last nights storm hits I did fill up most of the PS reservoir with normal (not Honda specific) PS fluid... but I don't see why that would cause a CEL. Just wondering if this is one of those stupid things that happens a lot. Anyhoo, I'm gonna check the code when I get off work but gimme some suggestions if ya got any.

Turbodude06
04-11-2009, 07:12 AM
hick-up :)....... Reset it and see what happens....

Barefoot
04-11-2009, 08:43 AM
yah i would find out what that code is.

GetFRESH!
04-11-2009, 10:43 AM
^Mystery solved.

Ran a check and it was throwing a coolant temp sensor code.

One of the wires running to the plug for the sensor broke off the base of the plug from being dryrotted. :screwy: It shouldn't hurt anything to ride for a while throwing that code till I can find another plug to splice in right? I mean my car never overheats anyway sinace everything under the hood is stock and I don't drive like Vin Diesel. lolz.

Barefoot
04-11-2009, 10:12 PM
^Mystery solved.

Ran a check and it was throwing a coolant temp sensor code.

One of the wires running to the plug for the sensor broke off the base of the plug from being dryrotted. :screwy: It shouldn't hurt anything to ride for a while throwing that code till I can find another plug to splice in right? I mean my car never overheats anyway sinace everything under the hood is stock and I don't drive like Vin Diesel. lolz.please next time check the codes before u ask for help. if u need a plug i got 1 come get it in jonesboro.