PDA

View Full Version : My rearview mirror; Its just a little annoying pain in the butt!

teh_mugen18
04-10-2009, 08:48 PM
My teg is finally running again, and today i went out and bought one of those Broadway rearview mirrors, but now since the mirror is heavier, it always droops, sags, or tilts to the left or to the right...

How can i fix this, and make my rearview mirror hold on tighter/firmer so the Broadway won't droop everywhere i go? :doh:

http://i2.iofferphoto.com/img/item/867/739/61/227a_1.JPG

SixSquared
04-10-2009, 09:06 PM
There should be a screw somewhere at the pivot point that lets you adjust tension. Usually it's an allen wrench deal, recessed into the little ball that it pivots on.

quickdodgeŽ
04-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Better than the above "advice," you might want to check into a new rear view mirror. More than likely, with a 20 year old mirror in there, the pivot screw is little worn. Putting a new mirror in there will make it more firm. For a while. But if your car is lowered and rides pretty stiff, it won't be long before you weaken the new mirror as well with that Broadway on it. Later, QD.

teh_mugen18
04-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Better than the above "advice," you might want to check into a new rear view mirror. More than likely, with a 20 year old mirror in there, the pivot screw is little worn. Putting a new mirror in there will make it more firm. For a while. But if your car is lowered and rides pretty stiff, it won't be long before you weaken the new mirror as well with that Broadway on it. Later, QD.

true true, but i just wanted to at least find the screw on the old mirror lol to make it tighter as is

SixSquared
04-10-2009, 09:14 PM
@QD Why must you always be such an ass?

I didn't realize your broadway mirror clips over your factory mirror. I thought it was a whole new mirror, which is why I suggested finding the pivot screw. If it is indeed one that clips over the old mirror, then get a new mirror, etc. as the jerk mentioned.

quickdodgeŽ
04-10-2009, 09:16 PM
@QD Why must you always be such an ass?

I didn't realize your broadway mirror clips over your factory mirror. I thought it was a whole new mirror, which is why I suggested finding the pivot screw. If it is indeed one that clips over the old mirror, then get a new mirror, etc. as the jerk mentioned.

I give sound, sage advice and you call me an ass. Of course I guess I had it coming seeing as how you fucked up a couple of cars in your "shop" and I railed you on it. Even trade off. Later, QD.

teh_mugen18
04-10-2009, 09:20 PM
lol i feel the love... :slap:

quickdodgeŽ
04-10-2009, 09:24 PM
It's all good. I had a Broadway mirror years ago. That's how I know what will (probably) happen. Later, QD.

SixSquared
04-10-2009, 10:28 PM
I give sound, sage advice and you call me an ass. Of course I guess I had it coming seeing as how you fucked up a couple of cars in your "shop" and I railed you on it. Even trade off. Later, QD.

So if we're "even", why do you keep harassing me again?

quickdodgeŽ
04-10-2009, 10:30 PM
So if we're "even", why do you keep harassing me again?

Sarcasm. Later, QD.

SixSquared
04-10-2009, 10:44 PM
find someone else to bug?

Tech5
04-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Better than the above "advice," you might want to check into a new rear view mirror. More than likely, with a 20 year old mirror in there, the pivot screw is little worn. Putting a new mirror in there will make it more firm. For a while. But if your car is lowered and rides pretty stiff, it won't be long before you weaken the new mirror as well with that Broadway on it. Later, QD.:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

AnthonyF
04-11-2009, 10:58 AM
If you want, you could always get a front splitter adjuster.

-Ant.