PDA

View Full Version : 1989 accord carb

six7teen
04-10-2009, 02:53 AM
i have a friend with a 1989 accord. he was having some problems and took it to a shop.. they diagnosed it as the carb needing to be rebuilt.. well, they quoted him an arm and a leg to fix it, so i told him i would do it for him..

my question is, where would a RESPECTABLE place, (or brand) be to buy the rebuild kit for the carb? ive seen a couple, but not sure if they are "trustworthy" or not..

also, any advice is gladly accepted!!

FasTech
04-10-2009, 03:01 AM
Yank it out, find an accord harness for FI (Fuel Injection) and buy a FI motor.

mushroom_toy
04-10-2009, 03:30 AM
Weber 32/36 is his friend....no really best carb for a 3gee. Honestly though any rebuild kit is fine. make sure you know what youre doing....try to find a weber it will idle so much better and have a nice powerband too. :)

six7teen
04-10-2009, 03:57 AM
Yank it out, find an accord harness for FI (Fuel Injection) and buy a FI motor.

as stated, its for a friend.. if it were for me, that would be the rode i'd take though, lol..

Weber 32/36 is his friend....no really best carb for a 3gee. Honestly though any rebuild kit is fine. make sure you know what youre doing....try to find a weber it will idle so much better and have a nice powerband too. :)

what is that, a weber rebuild kit or weber carburetor? and where do i find one?

FasTech
04-10-2009, 03:58 AM
as stated, its for a friend.. if it were for me, that would be the rode i'd take though, lol..

what is that, a weber rebuild kit or weber carburetor? and where do i find one?

Try ebay.

99jdmLs
04-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Ben... Txt jerry. He will help you out.