09-26-2005, 09:59 AM
Mazdaspeed Miata
3" Turbo-Back Exhaust
1 Passenger

Chevy Cobalt SS
Stock (I think)
2 Passengers

1st Run
Got him off the line, spinning the tires thru first gear. Shifted with the tires spinning into second. He's already at my rear bumper. Pulling hard as I shift into third. I've got nearly 2 full car lengths on him. At the top of 3rd I shut down for a turn and he flies past me, slamming his brakes and sliding every which direction. This guy is crazy but he wants to try again.

2nd Run
Once again I take him off the line but he hangs a little better this time. Car gains traction at the top of first and I chirp hard into second. He's falling back again. Once again I shut down at the top of third with his headlights in my side mirror. No crazy fly-by from the Cobalt this time.

Cliff-Notes
Mazdaspeed Miata beats Cobalt SS twice. Hard.

I think that on top-end he may catch up. Of course, I don't know much about Cobalts. I'd like to do a highway run with him one day. :)

EvoDriven
09-26-2005, 04:49 PM
Modded mazdaspeed miata! hell yeah! That's a car you don't see everyday. Your car must be a blast to drive, I really want to get a spin in one someday. How much do those go for? As for the highway, I'm sure you would have taken him there too. 9/10 times turbo>S/C

Cobalier
09-28-2005, 10:31 PM
The Cobalt wouldnt have stoud a chance against your car on the highway, the cobalt is mainly low end with short gears we dont have the top end yall import guys have. Now from a dead stop is how we can do a little better.

TranceDJ06
09-28-2005, 10:33 PM
:goodjob:

Ran
09-29-2005, 07:36 AM
Modded mazdaspeed miata! hell yeah! That's a car you don't see everyday. Your car must be a blast to drive, I really want to get a spin in one someday. How much do those go for? As for the highway, I'm sure you would have taken him there too. 9/10 times turbo>S/CThere isn't a single day that I regret having to drive my car. It's not the fastest thing on the road, but it's hella fun to drive. :D You can get a 05 MSM for under $20K since the new 06 Miata came out. If you ever want to take her out for a spin, let me know. I'm pretty generous as long as you don't romp on her too hard. :cool:

The Cobalt wouldnt have stoud a chance against your car on the highway, the cobalt is mainly low end with short gears we dont have the top end yall import guys have. Now from a dead stop is how we can do a little better.
That may be true, but I'd like to run a Cobalt SS with a good driver. On that note, when do I get to run the Cobalier? :)

Cobalier
09-29-2005, 10:21 AM
when do you want to run it? Before or after i start doin stuff to it? I think im gonna call up BG and see bout gettin it tuned on when i get my parts in and on

Jon00
09-29-2005, 11:05 AM
nice kill

Wedge
09-29-2005, 11:23 AM
so is this the red cobalt that the big (didn't say fat, he might beat me up for calling him fat) guy drives that hangs around park and ride?

Ran
09-29-2005, 12:21 PM
when do you want to run it? Before or after i start doin stuff to it? I think im gonna call up BG and see bout gettin it tuned on when i get my parts in and on
Let's do it both. Once stock to see how you do, and then again after your modded so we can see the difference. How's that tickle your fancy?

so is this the red cobalt that the big (didn't say fat, he might beat me up for calling him fat) guy drives that hangs around park and ride?Uhhh...it is a big hispanic guy.

Doppelgänger
09-29-2005, 03:23 PM
now how about a MSM vs. S/C 99 Miata ;)

Ran
09-29-2005, 04:13 PM
now how about a MSM vs. S/C 99 Miata ;)You'd spank me. Quit being an @ss. :D

Doppelgänger
09-30-2005, 02:59 PM
You'd spank me. Quit being an @ss. :D
i really dont know... im finally at 7psi now with the new exhaust..... im about 185-190rwhp now....

BTW... Cobalt SS puts down 195-198whp stock....

Ran
09-30-2005, 04:22 PM
i really dont know... im finally at 7psi now with the new exhaust..... im about 185-190rwhp now....

BTW... Cobalt SS puts down 195-198whp stock....
Tru, but a Cobalt is also heavy as hell and it's wrong wheel drive.

Doppelgänger
09-30-2005, 04:43 PM
i jsut want the M62 charger that it comes with :drool:

Bballjamal
09-30-2005, 05:40 PM
Tru, but a Cobalt is also heavy as hell and it's wrong wheel drive.

Basically what I was going to say. Surprised you got it off the line, then again I can take them in 1st with the base 2.2. Find a good driver with one and come back with another report.

How much do you think you have to the wheels in the MSM? Looks really clean btw.

KevinT707
10-03-2005, 01:01 PM
Everyone is going DOWN when I get my car back :)

Ran
10-03-2005, 01:27 PM
Basically what I was going to say. Surprised you got it off the line, then again I can take them in 1st with the base 2.2. Find a good driver with one and come back with another report.

How much do you think you have to the wheels in the MSM? Looks really clean btw.The MSM isn't as fast as the exhaust would lead you to believe. About 175WHP should be about right. I'm hoping to do a Vishnu ECU and Flyin' Miata compressor wheel soon tho. That'll bring it up to approx. 280-290WHP for roughly $2500 on stock internals. :)

Everyone is going DOWN when I get my car back :)You didn't learn your lesson the first two times? Alright then punk, bring it. The Cobalier should have his "upgrades" done by then. He'll probably smoke us both at that point. lol

Cobalier
10-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Ran Kizama some guys just arent believe i have the swap i have basically sayin im full of shit

HalfBaked
10-03-2005, 01:58 PM
We believe you have it done, just suprised at cost of the motor.

KevinT707
10-03-2005, 01:58 PM
It'll be ok Cobalier & for you Ran Kizama your lucky my clutch went out on that run because we never got a "real" run in. The other Civic coupe was right beside you the whole time. My upgrades are being done @ Mainstream Performance right now but when it gets out in about 2 weeks, your done (Ran Kizama)

Ran
10-03-2005, 02:12 PM
I've been beat before so it wouldn't surprise me if you rode out. Keep in mind that my car is basically stock except for exhaust. I need to get a boost controller and crank it up few pounds.

Either way, I'm ready when you are. Wanna race from a dig?

KevinT707
10-03-2005, 08:45 PM
yea that's fine, we should look into bringing this to the track sometime also, like the 1/8 @ Dallas. Yea it's short but it'll do cause 1/4 mile tracks are FAR, coming to Import Showdown this Sun ?

Either way, I'm ready when you are. Wanna race from a dig?

Ran
10-04-2005, 04:21 AM
I might make it down to Import Showdown, I'm not sure tho. Also, the Dallas 1/8 is pure crap. I guess it'll serve our purpose, but I really hate that track. You roll backwards on the staging line. :lmfao:

Cobalier
10-04-2005, 09:20 AM
You could go to the Calhoun track, its 1/8, and its usually set up pretty good too. Thats where me and my uncle race our drag cars there and Brainard but thats the last exit before Tennessee

Doppelgänger
10-04-2005, 09:54 AM
so whens the Roadster vs Roadster showdown gonna happen? ;) Hey.. you goign to the R*Speed open house this sunday? I'm hosting a pre-show mountain run on this sat too...

Spin2nd
10-04-2005, 10:41 AM
You could go to the Calhoun track, its 1/8, and its usually set up pretty good too. Thats where me and my uncle race our drag cars there and Brainard but thats the last exit before Tennessee

If you're looking to run a number and/or need some traction head to Brainerd -- it's pretty much the best prepped and one of the, if not THE quickest 1/8th in the S.E., def. worth the drive. If you actually have traction problems and can get up there on an outlaw weekend you're almost guaranteed to break something in the driveline the track hooks so hard.

Ran
10-04-2005, 11:52 AM
so whens the Roadster vs Roadster showdown gonna happen? ;) Hey.. you goign to the R*Speed open house this sunday? I'm hosting a pre-show mountain run on this sat too...
I'm ready whenever you are and yes, I'll be at open house. What is this pre-show mountain run? PM me with some details. :cool:

m5_dude
11-01-2005, 10:25 PM
Ran Kizama, have you driven the '06 Miata yet? It's a blast I test drove one the other day with the sport suspension package. If you ever test drive one tell me how it feels compared to your '05 Mazdaspeed Miata. Kinda curious how they stack up.