PDA

View Full Version : okay i started tracing it down....{ImGoingtotrymyBest2SolveThis..}

teh_mugen18
04-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Okay, so i went out today and pick myself up a digital mutimeter...printed out my ecu's pinout/diagram... and went to work.
For now, all i know is that my battery is sending out 12.56V and at all my ecu's main relay pins, there is 0.01V. So somewhere in the wiring, there is definately a break. I tried 3 different main relays out of different cars, but none of them made the car kick like i need it to.

is there anything preceeding the Main relay in the circuit(s) before the battery? I am going to check what the voltage is entering and exitting the main relay next...

teh_mugen18
04-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Okay, i think i've got it solved. (Anyone, correct me if im wrong)... But on the main relay for obd0 cars, there are 7 plugs labelled 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, and 8. three of these plugs go to the ECU and injectors. one comes from the battery, one supplies the fuel pump, and one comes from the ignition switch.

1 - power from battery
2 - power to ecu
3 - power to ecu and injectors
4 - (? not sure..)
5 - power from the ignition when key is turned to ON position
6 - blank
7 - power to the fuel pump
8 - power to the ecu

^^^Is this correct? I tested the plug #1, which supposedly comes directly from the battery and it read out to 12.45V. This is good. Then, i tested the plugs #8, 2, 7, and 3 which lead to the ecu, fuel pump, and injectors. All of these plugs which were supposed to be power supply to the different components after the main relay's "processing" were reading out to 0.00V. Which = total fail of engine start-up/running.

Does this all sound right?:D Lol if so, then i learned something today!:goodjob:

EDIT: Honda still does sell these main relays, right? I hear they're $70 - $80... beacuse i need one. lol.