PDA

View Full Version : Oh the miata days...

matthewAPM
04-09-2009, 01:46 AM
really bored so I figured I would post pics of my old car. Enjoy!

FasTech
04-09-2009, 01:48 AM
I kinda want a Miata. Despite the fact everyone thinks they're girly, I've seen some mean looking miata's out their. Looked good though, man.

DVSRX-7
04-09-2009, 01:51 AM
I kinda want a Miata. Despite the fact everyone thinks they're girly, I've seen some mean looking miata's out their. Looked good though, man.

just because they are small and round thats doesnt mean they're "girly" :D, only manly men can drive them haha

matthewAPM
04-09-2009, 01:54 AM
Thanks. To the "normal" car guy i guess, its just a girly little car. For those who have been around autocross, road racing, and track events, think a ton different. Its funny when guys in vettes and vipers LOL at you in there class and then you lap them a few laps in.

95jdmdc4
04-09-2009, 02:03 AM
they are fun cars.

matthewAPM
04-09-2009, 02:12 AM
im out. ill check back in tomorrow (probably more like afternoon)

latr

BrianGT
04-09-2009, 09:21 AM
I miss that car. Why did you sell it? :(

ATL_EG
04-09-2009, 11:48 AM
i would rock the piss out of a miata girly or not

FlipKing
04-09-2009, 11:54 AM
I like my miata.

xLSTONEx
04-09-2009, 01:06 PM
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/attachments/f18/30484d1232689603-call-me-gay-mazda-miata.jpg

matthewAPM
04-09-2009, 01:44 PM
I miss that car. Why did you sell it? :(

sadly to buy a STS civic. The civic was a really fun car to drive and it fit my driving style very well.

I remember at the night event at AMS sliding towards the curb. haha. great times...

PM coming your way as well...

WhitEvoMr
04-09-2009, 03:53 PM
eww thats gay! :gay: hahah jk matt

matthewAPM
04-09-2009, 03:57 PM
haha. righttt. BTW, sold the 325is :ninja:

jadeutsch
04-09-2009, 04:33 PM
miata's are fun i am sure, they are just not my thing i guess

jadeutsch
04-09-2009, 04:34 PM
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/attachments/f18/30484d1232689603-call-me-gay-mazda-miata.jpg
haha that's great

BrianGT
04-09-2009, 05:48 PM
but RWD is soo much more fun!

BTW, saw your civic at the Dixie NT. It seems to be working good for Phil.

Evil Goat
04-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Enjoy!

i didn't, but thanks for trying!

matthewAPM
04-09-2009, 06:03 PM
but RWD is soo much more fun!

BTW, saw your civic at the Dixie NT. It seems to be working good for Phil.

RWD is wayyy more fun!

Yeah, my dad told me about it. Glad to see its being run!

i didn't, but thanks for trying!

I said the same thing when I lapped a GTO in my miata! Thanks for the comment!

Evil Goat
04-09-2009, 08:27 PM
I said the same thing when I lapped a GTO in my miata! Thanks for the comment!

congratulations.....you outran a sherman tank on a road course....lets see how you fair at the drag strip....anytime you're ready hit me up ;)

OMG Its Platz
04-09-2009, 09:35 PM
lol!...its the other THACKER.....

stfu up and go home.. hardly any skill is needed for the strip compared to a road course

i know

congratulations.....you outran a sherman tank on a road course....lets see how you fair at the drag strip....anytime you're ready hit me up ;)

Evil Goat
04-09-2009, 09:43 PM
lol!...its the other THACKER.....

stfu up and go home.. hardly any skill is needed for the strip compared to a road coruse

i know

omg...i will kill you, dont you ever compare me to him :(

the only thing we have in common is a gto....past that youre way off base asshat....dont act like some road racing guru just because you bought a wore out m3, the car wont make you a good driver idiot

im not going to argue skill, people who argue about skill on a drag strip are almost always people with terds....and you are no exception

i was simply offering a day to show him how the car performs where its at home....these cars are not road course cars, i went to an scca event and left before i ever got a second run in, the cars are heavy and truth be told not that great on a road course imo

Cool Cat Racing
04-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Coming from both worlds drag racing does take just as much skill as road course racing. The only difference is on a road course you have to maintain that precision for a much longer period of time. After driving a 400whp miata sideways up to 70mph I can say to get a good time slip without destroying it would take some serious skill. I'll still stick to the corners though.

Evil Goat
04-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Coming from both worlds drag racing does take just as much skill as road course racing. The only difference is on a road course you have to maintain that precision for a much longer period of time. After driving a 400whp miata sideways up to 70mph I can say to get a good time slip without destroying it would take some serious skill. I'll still stick to the corners though.

im going to steal the miata :ninja:

OMG Its Platz
04-09-2009, 09:52 PM
1: hahah @ compare you to thacker...seemed like you were just being a ass and your the best cuz you have a GTO.......i ran one on the HWy...pulled on me by a fender to 125 then from 125- 140 he didnt pull for anything.

2: i do like GTOs and Everyone knows its a strip car...it is a tank... and i said said my car makes me a good driver :thinking:

3: and DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHh a gto would rape a miata a new asshole on the strip...(well at least that one) ;)

4: I donno just needs a number 4:D

omg...i will kill you, dont you ever compare me to him :(

the only thing we have in common is a gto....past that youre way off base asshat....dont act like some road racing guru just because you bought a wore out m3, the car wont make you a good driver idiot

im not going to argue skill, people who argue about skill on a drag strip are almost always people with terds....and you are no exception

i was simply offering a day to show him how the car performs where its at home....these cars are not road course cars, i went to an scca event and left before i ever got a second run in, the cars are heavy and truth be told not that great on a road course imo

Evil Goat
04-09-2009, 09:53 PM
oh well, i secretly want a m3, so its all good, lol

OMG Its Platz
04-09-2009, 09:54 PM
yes they both take skill...but the strip is a WAY diff type of skill that the track..but in a few ways there is a lill bit that is the same...not tooo much tho

OMG Its Platz
04-09-2009, 09:54 PM
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

now your thinking!:cheers:

oh well, i secretly want a m3, so its all good, lol

Cool Cat Racing
04-09-2009, 10:48 PM
yes they both take skill...but the strip is a WAY diff type of skill that the track..but in a few ways there is a lill bit that is the same...not tooo much tho
When you have a powerful car coming off a corner and sliding is about the same as coming off the line sliding. It takes a good bit of skill to keep the car going straight either way. And if you're running in a spec series those tenths spent sliding and shifting can make the difference between a win or not. And I know a certain miata that can run with more than a few GTO's. And Josh, try to get in the drivers seat before you try to steal it. My fat ass has a hard enough time with the steering wheel off. lol

Oz10
04-09-2009, 11:56 PM
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o201/awktm679/march-2007029.jpg
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o201/awktm679/march-2007026.jpg
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o201/awktm679/march-2007018.jpg

I found a few more on my computer. :goodjob:

Elbow
04-10-2009, 07:51 AM
lol @ the Miata haters who obviously don't know too much about cars.

I disagree with drag being just as hard....

BTW GTO girl how did you run an SCCA race in a stock looking GTO?? LOL.

Jecht
04-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Nice, I like white Miatas.

pimpdaddy
04-10-2009, 08:54 PM

your right...not a road course car :no:

http://www.nofenders.net/uploaded_images/Pontiac-GTO-R-795234.jpg

Elbow
04-11-2009, 10:42 AM
*Waits for Holdens to be posted*

Evil Goat
04-11-2009, 12:14 PM
lol @ the Miata haters who obviously don't know too much about cars.

I disagree with drag being just as hard....

BTW GTO girl how did you run an SCCA race in a stock looking GTO?? LOL.

I attended a Middle Ga Region SCCA event, i didnt say i attended a wagged out road course day you homo, and noone really gives a fuck what you think....like i said people who want to argue that drag racing takes no skill usually drive terds....

like this one...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/simontibbett/ChinNov08002.jpg

your right...not a road course car :no:

shut your face noob, you can speak when spoken to, and please realize any car, with lots of money thrown at it, can be a road course car you dipshit....i mean in stock form, these cars suck on road courses/scca region racing....thats why you don't see many of them out there

matthewAPM
04-13-2009, 07:02 PM
shut your face noob, you can speak when spoken to, and please realize any car, with lots of money thrown at it, can be a road course car you dipshit....i mean in stock form, these cars suck on road courses/scca region racing....thats why you don't see many of them out there

actually that was ME that posted that on a friends computer.

and they are good in stock form if you know how to drive...

ever seen T2? Do you even know what that means?! GTFO

Evil Goat
04-13-2009, 07:13 PM
hey quick....blow me....

matthewAPM
04-14-2009, 01:15 PM
hey quick....blow me....

just proving the point that GTO drivers are idiots...

Elbow
04-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Road course and autocross is like comparing my race car to my street car...big difference...GTFO you ricey piece of shit. When you man up bring your big bag GTO to a real track and watch my "shitty" Miata go bye bye.

jadeutsch
04-14-2009, 09:50 PM
GTO> miata
sorry just stating facts, haha but seriously miatas are ok cars, handle pretty good stock but just too piss ass slow,

DunDunSkeert
04-15-2009, 12:01 AM
Hey GTO fag why don't you come on a mountain run with us and see what driving skill is all about . As a matter of a fact PimpDaddy happens to drive a stock gto and I will bet large amounts of money that he would destroy around any curvy road in it. As for tuckin' 26's:doh:

matthewAPM
04-15-2009, 12:43 PM
^lulz. And pimpdaddy will say himself that they handle for shit.

Evil Goat
04-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Hey GTO fag why don't you come on a mountain run with us and see what driving skill is all about

why dont you come to sdr friday night at let me show you what driving skill is all about....you idiots really think drag racing is just jamming the gas in the floor and seeing how fast you can go, dont you? that may be so with a car like yall's....but drag racing with a car with more than 100ft lbs of tq is far from that, try going from a dead stop with about 5 to 6 times more tq than your car makes and we can talk about driving skill, if you can keep from pissing your pants first.

ive never once argued that road racing doesnt require skill, or one requires more than the other, im not that simple minded like some of you cock grobblers, so stop challenging me to road course days and moutain runs, it aint happening, my car weighs over 3800lbs, and im no super duper driver that can contain the power of a miata like you all... :gay:

As for tuckin' 26's:doh:

the MT ET Streets are 26" tall......superdriver.... :rolleyes:

DunDunSkeert
04-15-2009, 10:35 PM
why dont you come to sdr friday night at let me show you what driving skill is all about....you idiots really think drag racing is just jamming the gas in the floor and seeing how fast you can go, dont you? that may be so with a car like yall's....but drag racing with a car with more than 100ft lbs of tq is far from that, try going from a dead stop with about 5 to 6 times more tq than your car makes and we can talk about driving skill, if you can keep from pissing your pants first.

ive never once argued that road racing doesnt require skill, or one requires more than the other, im not that simple minded like some of you cock grobblers, so stop challenging me to road course days and moutain runs, it aint happening, my car weighs over 3800lbs, and im no super duper driver that can contain the power of a miata like you all... :gay:

the MT ET Streets are 26" tall......superdriver.... :rolleyes:

My car makes 166 lbs of torque stock, Not saying that it is alot but I think it's pretty good for a na 4 banger. So 1000 pds of torque would def be interesting. Drag racing does require skill, I'm not saying that it doesn't. But GTO's actually handle pretty good, you saying that they don't makes me question your driving skill.

matthewAPM
04-20-2009, 10:07 AM
+1...GTO driver fail