PDA

View Full Version : Music Marilyn Manson

FasTech
04-09-2009, 01:41 AM
Despite his freakish apperence and all the other BS, what do you think about his music? Yay, nay, don't really care, etc. I'm not for everything he does, music wise, but I think he has some pretty cool songs. I here lately, have been stuck on Evidence, Paranoiac, Putting Holes in Happiness, Highway To Hell (AC/DC cover), This is The New Shit, and The Nobodies. But on the other hand, he has some songs that are pure SHIT! Like I said, I don't care for his apperences and stage acts, but I like some of his music. So, what are you all's opinion?

punkr6
04-10-2009, 03:26 PM
I like a lot of his music...

FasTech
04-10-2009, 11:56 PM
I like a lot of his music...

Finally a response. Haha. Yeah, I like some of his music too. I just wanted some more opinions.

Bus Driver J
04-11-2009, 12:28 AM
A term used WAY too much by myself, "I only like the old stuff...."
The only problem I really have with him is HIM. I feel the Manson we all know now was created by MTV and the media equals. He did all that shit just for more tv/mag coverage. The crazier thing he did the bigger the article was.
But the music is different. He brought a lot of good electronic beats and style to the (at the time) modern rock. Musically, he was a near genius for starting something.

apex2305
04-11-2009, 12:52 AM
As weird as that fucker is, he makes some pretty decent music, i still enjoy the dope show, haven't really liked much of his stuff since then.

FasTech
04-11-2009, 01:14 AM
I really don't know his old music from new music. I just know what I like. But Manson himself, I just don't care for. Just a freak IMO. And I saw some live footage on Youtube from back in like 94 and he did shit the same way as he did in the early 00's. I haven't really heard of anything on him doing anything lately though.

punkr6
04-11-2009, 01:16 AM
Have you ever seen any of his interviews ? he's a pretty smart guy and really down to earth...

FasTech
04-11-2009, 03:00 AM
Have you ever seen any of his interviews ? he's a pretty smart guy and really down to earth...

Yeah, I watched a few off youtube. He doesn't seem like a bad guy, just his attuitude and attire in his live shows/music videos kill it. The one interview with David Letterman, he talked about his art work. They showed some of his work, and wow, talk about some crazy stuff. Haha.

Revmaynard
04-11-2009, 03:11 AM
A friend of mine did photography for him at one of his shows and he said while talking to him he mentioned how he doesn't specifically do the stuff he does because that's really who he is, it's just a form of his show and his style of entertainment.

Deke
04-11-2009, 11:23 AM
This is The New Shit

I'm not a huge fan of the band or the kind of music in general, but I do really like this song.

HypnoToad
04-15-2009, 01:10 PM
i really like his music,and cant wait to see his movie.....his sweet dreams cover is still one my fav songs and still nice to play on guitar

Spectic Tank
04-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Antichrist Superstar was the last album I bought. I liked it and everything before that, didn't pay to much attention to him after that though. That's the way it is for a lot of bands/musicians. Korn is one I can think of off the top of my head, nothing after Life is Peachy really interested me much.

Total_Blender
04-15-2009, 03:55 PM
He's alright, I'm not a particular fan... GG Allin was doing far more outrageous stuff 10 years before.

cactusEG
04-15-2009, 11:30 PM
hes ok. I use to listen to his stuff when I was younger. But even then and now, that fool creeped me out !

bRiAnMcIvIcS
04-16-2009, 07:51 AM
I love his older music, but after twiggy ramirez left the music went to shit. He used to write all the badass guitar riffs, even though he played bass in the band. haha. After 2002 his music pretty much started to suck.
He is a really interesting person and well educated...just watch an interview. Real name is brian warner.

flak_monkey
04-27-2009, 08:10 PM
His new album is fucking dogshit weaksauce. Way to force an album and disappoint some of the people who've been fans since the spooky kids like I have. Shit I used to rock the fucking house with spooky kids when I was in third fourth grade.

Arm&hammer
05-05-2009, 02:45 PM
i like the beautiful people but that's about it.

FasTech
05-05-2009, 07:51 PM
cant wait to see his movie

He has movie coming out? Is it going to be an actual movie or a movie about his life and all.

ksniperfox
05-07-2009, 03:43 PM
music is good. first album i ever had was the one with the beautiful people and that album was nice. last one i had was the new shit, and i liked about 3/4 of the songs on it. not bad, havent heard anything new from him in awhile.

personal favorites include:
irresponsible hate anthem
personal jesus cover
the beautiful people
dope show
mobscene
this is the new shit
get your gunn
wormboy
angel with the scabbed wings

etc, etc

uproot
06-07-2009, 12:56 AM
Antichrist Superstar was the last album I bought. I liked it and everything before that, didn't pay to much attention to him after that though. That's the way it is for a lot of bands/musicians. Korn is one I can think of off the top of my head, nothing after Life is Peachy really interested me much.

x2

Sinfix_15
07-26-2009, 10:45 AM
Manson is the shit, saw em at mayhem festival this weekend.