PDA

View Full Version : Another Obamtarded Plan.. WTF..

mmmmpsi
04-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Not only do some people think that Obama is the second coming of Christ, but apparently he's now going to stop global warming too by blocking the Sun!! So basically screw everyone's climate up. THANKS!

Obama May Block Sun's Rays to End Global Warming

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

WASHINGTON — The president's new science adviser said Wednesday that global warming is so dire, the Obama administration is discussing radical technologies to cool Earth's air.

FOXNews.com - Obama May Block Sun's Rays to End Global Warming - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,513242,00.html)

I see nothing going wrong with this. :eek:

stephen
04-08-2009, 02:28 PM
although it seems completely hypothetical, that's the worst idea i've ever heard. obama isn't the problem...it's the scientists. at some point, we're ALL (including obama) at the mercy of a scientist's wild experiment.

I was reading an article on monday about how there's so much "space trash" in the earth's orbit & there's a HIGH risk of some sort of catastrophic space collision (much like the recent scare the international space station had), and now they want to find ways of capturing/removing all of the garbage.

yeah so...shooting shit into the air hasn't really been working out for us. shoot pollutants into the sky to reduce the effects of global warming....the irony...

BanginJimmy
04-08-2009, 02:34 PM
You hear about all the space junk that burned up in the athmosphere a week or so ago?

AirMax95
04-08-2009, 02:43 PM
The media sucks at placing titles on news, lol!

To the OP, do you really think this was Obama's idea?

BanginJimmy
04-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Just like every other president before him, if it comes out as a recommendation of one of the panels he puts together then he is liable for it.

oneSLOWex
04-08-2009, 03:00 PM
wow.....are you fucking serious?

EJ25RUN
04-08-2009, 03:03 PM
This reminds me of the Simpsons.

oneSLOWex
04-08-2009, 03:04 PM
This reminds me of the Simpsons.

haha the movie where they were in the dome?

AirMax95
04-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Just like every other president before him, if it comes out as a recommendation of one of the panels he puts together then he is liable for it.

Agreed....

EJ25RUN
04-08-2009, 03:09 PM
haha the movie where they were in the dome?

No this one.

http://www.suspect-device.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/01//simpsons-sun.png

BanginJimmy
04-08-2009, 03:10 PM
I love the Simpsons. The dome from the movie kicked ass.

mmmmpsi
04-08-2009, 03:19 PM
The media sucks at placing titles on news, lol!

To the OP, do you really think this was Obama's idea?

Obama choose his science advisor so yes, it's his idea.

ahabion
04-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Hrm... reminds me of The Matrix...

preferredduck
04-08-2009, 11:45 PM
You hear about all the space junk that burned up in the athmosphere a week or so ago?

it cane down over norfolk from what i understand, but i'm not 100% i know some people who live there.

DemonEyez
04-08-2009, 11:50 PM
yes i wonder how many people read the full article and/or the full recommendations presented to Obama. in which this idea was the "last resort" idea. It was stated that they hopefully never intend to come close to utilizing this idea. As they stated themselves there are many unforeseen consequences. But i guess people who want something to complain about are going to read it however they want.

P.S More detailed articles about this, state they are looking at attempting to mimic a volcanic eruption without the ash and destruction surround it. Which BTW does effectively block out the sun's rays and does cool down the earth. but again, its not their first or even close to first choice. They just stated they want to have every opinion/option to be looked at and nothing discarded.

ahabion
04-09-2009, 12:03 AM
I will admit that I didn't read the article, but (out of pure ignorance):

Is global warming really that bad that we really need to block out the sun's rays? What will happen to the heat that we would normally get from the sun? Plants? Water temps? Sea and water life?

I mean I know the long term effects of global warming will melt the artic ice, causing and over flow of water, blah blah, blah... yea I watched "The Day After Tomorrow" lol but why block out the sun? Understandably its a last resort/option... that kind of thing literally goes over my head though. (not that I don't understand the mentality, but that I don't get how thats even an option)

DemonEyez
04-09-2009, 01:36 AM
on my cell so hope this turns out ok

well they obviously wouldn't block out the sun world wide. in order to have an effect they could block a parial small area from what I remember on 06. if I remember correctly they were considerin some of the polar regions and or oceanic. tho might have changed from what I read back in 06 as the original idea. either way with thining ozone were letting in more rays than normal so parial blotting would just be a return to norm. unfortunately we need to go farther to reverse the effects as well as compensate for green house effect along with ozone depletion.

BanginJimmy
04-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Is global warming really that bad that we really need to block out the sun's rays?

No one can answer that question as there isnt even any proof that there is any global warming or if there is, what the cause is. For all we know this is a natural cycle for the earth. There have been at least 3 ice ages over the last couple hundred million years and countless periods of warmer and colder weather. It stands to reason that the earth warmed before or after the ice ages.

SL65AMG
04-09-2009, 09:04 PM
i couldnt imagine what kind of catastrophe we would have on our hands if they actually went through with this plan, its the most retarded thing ive ever heard

SUBY_RUE
04-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Our lives revolve around one motto......

if it isn't broke..... fix it until it is....

sirkus
04-10-2009, 07:58 AM
Oh good.. Fox news..

Total_Blender
04-10-2009, 09:18 AM
No one can answer that question as there isnt even any proof that there is any global warming or if there is, what the cause is. For all we know this is a natural cycle for the earth. There have been at least 3 ice ages over the last couple hundred million years and countless periods of warmer and colder weather. It stands to reason that the earth warmed before or after the ice ages.

Ice ages take hundreds of thousands of years to come around. You can't say that because we have had 2 or three cooler years on a graph of 150 mostly warmer years that we are starting to have an "ice age". If we were really starting an ice age the decline would be so gradual that we would not perceive it in our lifetime.

Geologic events like ice ages work in a much, much longer timeline. If you look at the timeline over which the global rise in temperature has occurred and compare it to the geologic timeline of ice-ages and warming cycles, the contrast is shocking. :crazy:

BanginJimmy
04-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Ice ages take hundreds of thousands of years to come around. You can't say that because we have had 2 or three cooler years on a graph of 150 mostly warmer years that we are starting to have an "ice age". If we were really starting an ice age the decline would be so gradual that we would not perceive it in our lifetime.

Geologic events like ice ages work in a much, much longer timeline. If you look at the timeline over which the global rise in temperature has occurred and compare it to the geologic timeline of ice-ages and warming cycles, the contrast is shocking. :crazy:

I'm not saying that we are moving towards a ice age right now. I was simply making an point that this could very well be a natural cycle of the earth. I was watching the discovery channel a while back and it said something about the temps of Mars and a few other planets have gone up also.

preferredduck
04-10-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm not saying that we are moving towards a ice age right now. I was simply making an point that this could very well be a natural cycle of the earth. I was watching the discovery channel a while back and it said something about the temps of Mars and a few other planets have gone up also.

check out natgeo's website for more info on this b/c our whole solar system is warming up. we are kind of in the equator of the universe per say so there is more energy,radiation= warming. the earth does go through cycles and the last "semi ace age" was like 4-500 years ago. some ice ages can be caused by massive volcanic eruptions which has happened many times before. the glacier records tell a long tale of the climate of this planet. so are you telling me that global warming and me driving my SUV is causing mars to warm up too.

DemonEyez
04-10-2009, 06:26 PM
check out natgeo's website for more info on this b/c our whole solar system is warming up. we are kind of in the equator of the universe per say so there is more energy,radiation= warming. the earth does go through cycles and the last "semi ace age" was like 4-500 years ago. some ice ages can be caused by massive volcanic eruptions which has happened many times before. the glacier records tell a long tale of the climate of this planet. so are you telling me that global warming and me driving my SUV is causing mars to warm up too.

bring up a interesting ethical type question

if this is a natural cycle for the earth, and other planets, temperature's to go up, it would be really bad for the human race as a whole. So our intervention is in short un natural, but some could say its saving the human race.

before someone says, how is it bad for humans etc.
Rising temps = storms , droughts, tsunami's etc etc.

Droughts = less food. Storms = destroyed infrastructure, life, destroyed croplands etc. Tsunami's wipe out industry, cities, islands as a whole. Changes in weather, have effected the water currents and that can wipe out huge amounts of life in the sea which would again effect our food supply. No shrimp? fuk that i want my scampi.

The idea is that these things will get worse and worse etc until the point where the natural cycle kicks back in for cooling.

So should we adapt, develop super crops, alternate food sources etc, which we are attempting btw on a global scale, or just say fuk it earth u aint gonna change on us.

BanginJimmy
04-10-2009, 07:46 PM
nothing that man does can change the natural cycle of earth without causing MUCH worse problems later on. Say we work so hard, and succeed, to keep the earth cool now, what happens when the earth goes into a cooling cycle?

DemonEyez
04-10-2009, 08:42 PM
make everyone buy a v8 with no cat?

ahabion
04-14-2009, 01:40 AM
nothing that man does can change the natural cycle of earth without causing MUCH worse problems later on. Say we work so hard, and succeed, to keep the earth cool now, what happens when the earth goes into a cooling cycle?

We'd finally have the fun of buying snow tires!